So you guys have faith that BB will live on. Was discussing the keyboard issues of Q10 and Classic with local EE Store on Friday. How my Q10 had been replaced 3 times in the 2 year contract - double typing- Was told there would be no way to repair BBs soon as the word I'd blackberry are on the way out! Discuss please.
    A local store employee telling a customer that BlackBerry is on the way out.....been hearing that for a couple of years now. Disregard it, BlackBerry not going anywhere soon

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 02:24 PM
    Classic 2 should be with Passport specs + touch PKB, and the size of Q10 + Glasswave + removeable battery + easy swapable SD Card!! NO DOUBLE TYPE ISSUE, BEST QUALITY MATERIALS and BOOM! REAL CLASSIC!!
    These are all things that need to happen to create a good Classic 2.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-14-15 02:40 PM
    I expect my Classic to take me at least 2 years if not 3. Why do you need a new one?

Posted via CB10
    because apple has the mice hooked on new devices coming out in rapid succession.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 04:20 PM
    because apple has the mice hooked on new devices coming out in rapid succession.

Posted via CB10
    No, because the classic was woefully underspecced at release and it is already running slowly for simple tasks.
    07-14-15 07:18 PM
    No, because the classic was woefully underspecced at release and it is already running slowly for simple tasks.
    My phone is still running perfectly for what I use it for. Calls, messaging, some social media/news/sports apps. I don't see myself needing a new phone for another couple of years at minimum.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-14-15 07:27 PM
    such as? I send on avg 30 emails per day and hundreds of texts. I use news and stock apps all day. The Classic has not been sluggish once. The battery life has been far superior to any apple product I ever owned. I am usually awake about 14 hrs per day on average and my device never has been below 20%. I'm curious as to which simple tasks makes your device run slowly.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:55 PM
    I have preached 3gb RAM for over a year. (pre launch). We were dealt 2gb and mediocre specs.

I have just adjusted how I use the Classic so it is used within the specs. I have 1.5gb of available RAM.

I tried to use Google Play and all the related apps but after loading what was required to run Google Maps I ended up with 600mb of available RAM. To me it was not worth it so I stripped it back down and I'm back to 1.5gb of available RAM.

If this had a smaller removable battery I don't know if I would be happy. Maybe, don't know.

Where is the Classic 2?-img_20150714_200108.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:49 PM
    When thinking of BlackBerry think of Porsche. They don't change or 'update' their models every year.

Apple is more like Toyota. Constantly trying something new to keep interest.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 12:37 AM
    Put me in line for a Classic 2!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-15-15 08:14 AM
    I don't expect to see a Classic 2 before 2017. There hasn't been any word about it so far and BlackBerry is focusing on the release of their three upcoming devices in 2015.
    If they will announce it by late 2015 or early next year, the official release date is going to be at least 6 months from that. Add another 6-12 months for the usual BlackBerry delay and we're already in 2017.

I can just give you the advice if you want that form factor to buy it now.

Posted via CB10
    Well exactly , why do they have to improve a phone since its too new like 1 year on market , BTw what about maybe a Z30 updated z10 updated .... they do not think about this they dont care . since no Z updates why classic updates ???
    2nd when they not even sure for their Os will it be BB 10 OS or android ...

2018 I am expecting such device or a completely new one like they used us
    07-15-15 08:27 AM
    Well if we are thinking about 3 gb RAM, capacitive keyboard, +2.0 processor,etc...will be outdated if it's released in 2017.

Right now android devices and also Passport is near from outdated specs. LG G4, Galaxy 6, HTC M9, Oneplus 2 soon to be released.

...Damn with my Classic now I realize have a device 4 years outdated LOL... but I like it more than my Oneplus One at least

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:30 AM
    Well if we are thinking about 3 gb RAM, capacitive keyboard, +2.0 processor,etc...will be outdated if it's released in 2017.

Right now android devices and also Passport is near from outdated specs. LG G4, Galaxy 6, HTC M9, Oneplus 2 soon to be released.

...Damn with my Classic now I realize have a device 4 years outdated LOL... but I like it more than my Oneplus One at least

Posted via CB10
    So true!

And with the future OS growing 4gb of RAM might not be enough in 2017

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 11:31 AM
    I like what you said but make it quad core processor
    12-24-15 10:31 AM
    it should be designed this way
    bb classic2
    2.2 ghz dual core processor
    3 gb ram
    13mp camera
    356 ppi
    3.8 inch square screen
    super amoled screen
    touch 3 line key board (no trackpad ,but call/end keys on qwerty as a shortcut)
    2880 or 3000 mah battery
    make it quad core and that would be great
    12-24-15 10:33 AM
    Classic without trackpad ?? Change the name.

I would like the capacitive keyboard, more power, and few millimeters less wide. Same screen size without boarders. Perfect one hand usability.
    Last edited by AL8x B; 12-24-15 at 01:20 PM.
    12-24-15 11:26 AM
    Yeah, these "sales experts" have been drumming the "BlackBerry's going out of business" line since the Verizon clown that sold me my 9650 five or so years ago. The Storm left a BAD taste in too many mouths but... it sounds like the first sentence they teach at "SmartPhone sales" training.. BB's GOT to do something to turn that around.

Classic 2? LOL, Maybe that'll be the Classic minus the double type "feature"...
    I don't know where you've been, but the last few OS updates have pretty much eliminated double type...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-15 11:28 AM
    It doesn't need to have the latest specs, but just not as outdated as it is now. Mid-range specs would be great. The important things are for it to have a good camera, a 4-row keyboard (none of this proprietary 3-row keyboard silliness that ruins your muscle memory for every other device in the market), a toolbelt with a trackpad, and a form factor not too big to use comfortably one-handed.

And from having LCD and LED screens, I have to say LCD all the way. I'm the same way for my desktop too, I do a lot of photo touch-ups and the color accuracy of the LCD is so much better than LED. Everything looks oversaturated on LED...

12-24-15 11:32 AM
    I don't know where you've been, but the last few OS updates have pretty much eliminated double type...

Check the post date, Slag. Lol. If DT's had been fixed by 7/14/15, I was unaware of it at that point. ?

But you are absolutely right, OS updates have since made DTs ancient history! Unbelievable that it took them so long to turn up discrete input filtering time but, better late than never! At least it's "fixed"!!
    12-26-15 02:22 PM
    Some of us advocated for at least Z30 specs for Classic. Here we are. q10 specs are "adequate" for my use but how much prestige and how many "bragging rights" sales were lost to that choice? Will the tool belt concept itself get blamed for the losses due to mediocre specs?

I keep thinking BB's market research surely knows better than I. They seem to prove otherwise time after time. Lol.
    12-26-15 02:39 PM
    Check the post date, Slag. Lol. If DT's had been fixed by 7/14/15, I was unaware of it at that point. ?

But you are absolutely right, OS updates have since made DTs ancient history! Unbelievable that it took them so long to turn up discrete input filtering time but, better late than never! At least it's "fixed"!!
    I don't remember when it was, but you're probably right that your post was before they updated it, oops.

idssteve likes this.
    12-26-15 03:16 PM
70 123