Apologies if this has been asked before, but after a detailed search I couldn't find an answer. I am looking to buy a Classic without camera for use in my job. The only place I have found one is on the Verizon site, however I am not in the US and you need to sign up to a contract with Verizon. Does anyone know of another place I can purchase one from? I have tried Amazon and actually bought one on there, but when it arrived it was an AT&T version with cameras!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give as it is driving me mad having to use an ancient Nokia for work at the moment!
    11-22-15 07:24 AM
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but after a detailed search I couldn't find an answer. I am looking to buy a Classic without camera for use in my job. The only place I have found one is on the Verizon site, however I am not in the US and you need to sign up to a contract with Verizon. Does anyone know of another place I can purchase one from? I have tried Amazon and actually bought one on there, but when it arrived it was an AT&T version with cameras!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give as it is driving me mad having to use an ancient Nokia for work at the moment!
    Yes, I've notified Amazon multiple times that they have the AT&T version incorrectly listed as without cameras. Did you notify them of the mistake as well to get your refund?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-22-15 09:54 AM
    The only one that exists is the Verizon version, which i have. I haven't looked lately, but at the time i got mine you could buy it outright from verizons website, no contract or service required. That may have changed.
    11-23-15 03:52 AM
    Yep I notified them. The actual version on Amazon stated Verizon Non-Camera, there was another option of an AT&T with camera as well. I ordered the Verizon one, and the receipt states non-camera, but got the AT&T one. I'm sending it back now which was a pain as I am out of the States, however Amazon said they would cover the shipping costs.
    11-23-15 05:21 AM
    I saw that you can buy the phone outright at retail price, but they then state that you are subscribing to data and voice packages per month. Thats the problem as I'm living outside of the States so just want the phone with no usage package.
    11-23-15 05:24 AM

Is this true? Why would they make any smartphone these days without a camera?
    11-23-15 11:38 PM
    Some high security jobs prohibit them. Try eBay.
    11-24-15 01:16 AM
    Is this true? Why would they make any smartphone these days without a camera?
    Well if I'm going to choose between my phone and my job, I know which comes out on top every time...

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    modifier likes this.
    11-24-15 05:27 AM
    If the phone is connected to a BES a policy can be pushed to it which disables using the camera. I can see where in some areas even having a camera might be verboten.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 07:44 AM
    Not all companies have mdm software and there are even some companies that are very strict about not even wanting a physical camera inside of the phone.

I do wonder if Verizon non-camera still come with a mic.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:51 PM
    I saw that you can buy the phone outright at retail price, but they then state that you are subscribing to data and voice packages per month. Thats the problem as I'm living outside of the States so just want the phone with no usage package.
    Try calling them. Explain that you just want to buy the phone outright and no service. At least worth a try.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    11-24-15 04:47 PM
    Or if anyone reading this resides in the states, they could buy it and then ship it to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:26 PM