Have always had a good experience with eBargains on ebay. They always have a few Blackberrys new in the box. Classics, Q10's, and 9930's.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 11:15 PM
    bought one today on eBay, says it is sealed in the box (we'll see) for $188. I've seen the as low as $50 used on eBay.
    08-20-17 11:25 AM
    I bought one off kijiji that was used but looks absolutely brand new. I had the passport then the priv but then decided to come back to the classic. I love the size of this phone. Cell phones are too big these days and this one is so compact and easy to carry around love it!

Posted via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    08-22-17 09:28 AM
    Didn't mention I got my BlackBerry Classic for only 80 dollars cash

Posted via CB10
    08-22-17 06:25 PM
    Look on the Walmart website, I bought one recently
    martinjdub likes this.
    09-03-17 03:57 AM
    As a general rule, if you want the warranty on any product to be honored, you should buy it from an authorized retailer. This is not unreasonable. BlackBerry doesn't know if these folks on eBay are selling known defective units or if they have tampered with them. It's like buying a used car. If you find something wrong with such purchases, of course you should take it up with whoever sold it to you.
    Just saw this. The DOA Priv we bought was in a factory sealed box and I didn't buy until I saw that others had purchased them using the link that was in an official "Deal" that was posted here on Crackberry, not by a user. Maybe I was gullible, but I didn't think Kevin would post a deal from an illicit source! Plus, the basic premise is still wrong. If I buy a TV, xbox, washing machine etc from a store, other than the typical 1st week or two where you can bring it back to exchange at the store, NO person would expect that the Best Buy, Target, Home Depot etc would be responsible for any repairs when there is a FACTORY WARRANTY on the product!

Despite the fact that the "tech" at BlackBerry dragged things along until it was a month after the purchase, I actually got Daily Steals to make an exception and they replaced the 1st Priv. She used it for a few months and then after one of the monthly updates hit the Priv, it killed the WiFi and the Bluetooth on the cell. I tried for weeks to get the BlackBerry tech support to fix it and with every conversation with them the 1st thing that they always said was to get the store to replace the phone. After escalating to supposedly a supervisor, I pointed out that the warranty paperwork that came in the box said nothing about palming off responsibility for a factory defect onto the merchant. After nearly two more weeks I was offered to have them repair the Priv for the "tiny sum" of $365! So we'd pay 80% of the cost of a new device to fix (by now) a six months old device! They also wouldn't warranty the repair! If I bought a used cell or grey market from another country that'd be a different story. But this was advertised as unlocked but it actually was an AT&T phone, so it wasn't from another country. I suspect it's one of the AT&T cells they dumped on the market when they weren't selling well for them. But definitely a brand new, never used device. I even checked with AT&T to see if the IMEI had ever been activated before.

So BlackBerry flatly refused to honor the warranty that THEY Put with the cell. So not only do we feel ripped off, I am in the position of her getting the Priv based on my telling her of its quality and security, and now eating a lot of crow because she's convinced that she bought a $500 piece of crap! Meanwhile none of her fellow doctors have experienced any major issues with their various big name phones. She's mad at me and tired of waiting for her phone to be fixed or replaced, and thinks that I'm stupid to want a more secure device if it won't work! I'm tired of being put in this position by a company that I trusted enough to use only Blackberries since my 9000. That's why I put this in this thread, since it seems like none of the phones bought anyplace deserve decent support or any Warranty! I'm stuck in the same boat since I don't want to share every part of my life with google data mining everything. So I will likely buy another Q10 or Classic knowing that BlackBerry doesn't give a s--t about their customers and just make do with it. But people need to know that if they have any defects that they may as well just forget about BlackBerry having ANY interest in doing anything useful for them. Pretty sad that the company that basically started the smartphone industry deciding that the bragging about security is just hot air... maybe they hardened the kernel a bit so that (when it works at all) the new Droidberries are a bit more protected from malware bricking the device, but the PRIVACY we had with BB10 or even BB07 let users sync with only their own PC, and that the ability to prevent any app from accessing areas that the user doesn't want to share were major reasons for many of us to love our BlackBerry phones. Now they expect users to allow every text to be read by scroogle, and most apps are written so that unless you allow it to harvest every speck of data they want to sell, they won't work. So any claims to security now are empty. Yes, this isn't directly related to the initial post, just another view of what BlackBerry thinks about the user now.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    10-16-17 10:26 PM
    Just saw this. The DOA Priv we bought was in a factory sealed box and I didn't buy until I saw that others had purchased them using the link that was in an official "Deal" that was posted here on Crackberry, not by a user. Maybe I was gullible, but I didn't think Kevin would post a deal from an illicit source! Plus, the basic premise is still wrong. If I buy a TV, xbox, washing machine etc from a store, other than the typical 1st week or two where you can bring it back to exchange at the store, NO person would expect that the Best Buy, Target, Home Depot etc would be responsible for any repairs when there is a FACTORY WARRANTY on the product!

Despite the fact that the "tech" at BlackBerry dragged things along until it was a month after the purchase, I actually got Daily Steals to make an exception and they replaced the 1st Priv. She used it for a few months and then after one of the monthly updates hit the Priv, it killed the WiFi and the Bluetooth on the cell. I tried for weeks to get the BlackBerry tech support to fix it and with every conversation with them the 1st thing that they always said was to get the store to replace the phone. After escalating to supposedly a supervisor, I pointed out that the warranty paperwork that came in the box said nothing about palming off responsibility for a factory defect onto the merchant. After nearly two more weeks I was offered to have them repair the Priv for the "tiny sum" of $365! So we'd pay 80% of the cost of a new device to fix (by now) a six months old device! They also wouldn't warranty the repair! If I bought a used cell or grey market from another country that'd be a different story. But this was advertised as unlocked but it actually was an AT&T phone, so it wasn't from another country. I suspect it's one of the AT&T cells they dumped on the market when they weren't selling well for them. But definitely a brand new, never used device. I even checked with AT&T to see if the IMEI had ever been activated before.

So BlackBerry flatly refused to honor the warranty that THEY Put with the cell. So not only do we feel ripped off, I am in the position of her getting the Priv based on my telling her of its quality and security, and now eating a lot of crow because she's convinced that she bought a $500 piece of crap! Meanwhile none of her fellow doctors have experienced any major issues with their various big name phones. She's mad at me and tired of waiting for her phone to be fixed or replaced, and thinks that I'm stupid to want a more secure device if it won't work! I'm tired of being put in this position by a company that I trusted enough to use only Blackberries since my 9000. That's why I put this in this thread, since it seems like none of the phones bought anyplace deserve decent support or any Warranty! I'm stuck in the same boat since I don't want to share every part of my life with google data mining everything. So I will likely buy another Q10 or Classic knowing that BlackBerry doesn't give a s--t about their customers and just make do with it. But people need to know that if they have any defects that they may as well just forget about BlackBerry having ANY interest in doing anything useful for them. Pretty sad that the company that basically started the smartphone industry deciding that the bragging about security is just hot air... maybe they hardened the kernel a bit so that (when it works at all) the new Droidberries are a bit more protected from malware bricking the device, but the PRIVACY we had with BB10 or even BB07 let users sync with only their own PC, and that the ability to prevent any app from accessing areas that the user doesn't want to share were major reasons for many of us to love our BlackBerry phones. Now they expect users to allow every text to be read by scroogle, and most apps are written so that unless you allow it to harvest every speck of data they want to sell, they won't work. So any claims to security now are empty. Yes, this isn't directly related to the initial post, just another view of what BlackBerry thinks about the user now.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    At this point, who cares. BlackBerry is no longer in the hardware business so they don't care. Complain to company that sold you the device, if they're still in business....
    10-16-17 10:53 PM
57 123