Bought one on Amazon.com $169 brand new. l love it.
    I just ordered new on Amazon. Am I crazy? I have 256gb jet black iPhone 7 plus. Why am I going back to the classic?
    06-27-17 10:18 PM
    Me too,... I got a cobalt unit of Amazon last week. The cobalt is fantastic and the keyboard is butter compared to the priv.

It seems it was built in China recently for "BlackBerry Canada" but shipped out of New York and boxed up in may 2017 with bare bones box, cable and charger.

It seems there is some factory in China that may be building small quantities ? Or packing up leftover bits ? I could swear my original classic was made in Mexico..

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 11:13 PM
    I just ordered new on Amazon. Am I crazy? I have 256gb jet black iPhone 7 plus. Why am I going back to the classic?
    I hear ya. I have a Classic and a Keyone and I cant stop going back to my Bold. Enoy the Classic!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-28-17 06:08 AM
    Me too,... I got a cobalt unit of Amazon last week. The cobalt is fantastic and the keyboard is butter compared to the priv.

It seems it was built in China recently for "BlackBerry Canada" but shipped out of New York and boxed up in may 2017 with bare bones box, cable and charger.

It seems there is some factory in China that may be building small quantities ? Or packing up leftover bits ? I could swear my original classic was made in Mexico..

Posted via CB10
    The classic (and the Asian market z3) were built in China by Foxconn. All the other bb10 and earlier phones were built in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    May be a fake.
    06-29-17 07:40 AM
    My classic I just received today is kind of lagging. I'm going to attribute it to be new as I try to download some apps.

Does anyone know where I can sideload kakao apk?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 10:38 PM
    If it is fake, it's a damn good one and not sure how it would have a credible OS and BB Pin.

It's almost like some group ordered a batch from the factory for sales through alternate channels as there explicitly no warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 11:54 PM
    Any pics to see whether it has upside down B's in the logo? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 06-30-17 at 01:02 PM.
    06-30-17 10:59 AM
    My classic I just received today is kind of lagging. I'm going to attribute it to be new as I try to download some apps.

Does anyone know where I can sideload kakao apk?

Posted via CB10
    Lag during the initial set up is common. A lot of the native apps update and things like that as well. It should settle down in a day or two. Once everything is set up the way you like it give it a restart too.
    06-30-17 11:02 AM
    You can still get a new one on any Amazon. I got mine couple of months back. It's perfect!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 11:27 AM
    $400? I would consider selling my Blue one
    06-30-17 11:37 AM
    If it is fake, it's a damn good one and not sure how it would have a credible OS and BB Pin.

It's almost like some group ordered a batch from the factory for sales through alternate channels as there explicitly no warranty.

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't worry about fake bb10 devices because nobody didn't even want to buy the real ones.

BB11 coming soon
    06-30-17 12:28 PM
    You shouldn't worry about fake bb10 devices because nobody didn't even want to buy the real ones.

BB11 coming soon
    Ouch lol
    06-30-17 09:59 PM
    I got my new one a few days ago from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 11:09 AM
    Way to go! They are priced very well at Amazon and still available.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 01:31 PM
    Just received mine for Amazon and extremely happy for factory sealed classic. Bought it new because changing battery isn't like q10
    07-07-17 07:46 AM
    Same here. I bought two!!
    07-07-17 06:53 PM
    I purchased mine yesterday from Amazon. With two day shipping, I hope it arrives as scheduled tomorrow. Woot!
    07-11-17 11:35 AM
    Picked up two BB Classic on Ebay last month. Both under $110 brand new-in-box. Fantastic phone with the iconic keyboard that stands out from the sea of look-alike iphone clones.
    anon(10336011) likes this.
    07-11-17 07:11 PM
    I picked a used one up on Amazon for $82. Looks brand new, plastic covers and all.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10336011) likes this.
    07-12-17 04:57 PM
    As hoped, mine arrived this morning, and this my first post with it. I'm definitely digging it.

Posted via CB10
    joewoo likes this.
    07-12-17 05:32 PM
    Just a warning to all, FYI. Before you buy ANY device from ANY source that isn't BlackBerry itself, you may get a good price BUT the BlackBerry "tech support" drones now work under the moronic policy where they 1st ask where you bought the device. If it isn't from BlackBerry, they (over and over) repeat the line of B.S. That line says that "if you didn't buy it directly from BlackBerry then they have no warranty from BlackBerry. Somehow they think users are supposed to be fine with the idea that the store you bought it from is who you contact for service and repair! Even if you run all the tests the BlackBerry tech wants done and you are told by them that the device itself is defective, BlackBerry owes you nothing during the 1st 364 days that the paperwork that came in the box with the 1 year warranty doesn't exist unless you bought it directly from BlackBerry!
    So as an example, if you buy a Priv (from a website based on a post here on CB saying what a great deal it is) and it turns out to be defective right out of the box -unable to even boot up you can be strung along for 3 to 5 weeks while they "try" several options like factory reset and it fails to fix the issue you are then told to get the store / website you purchased it from to give you a new device! Who cares about the real world concept of DOA only replaced within the 1st 2 weeks or similar?

Nope! After six weeks of getting the run-around of "researching solutions for you" they'll admit that you bought a lemon yet still think that you are stupid enough to think it's reasonable try looking for "warranty exchange" from the seller instead of the company who stamped their name on both the device AND the "One year warranty" papers in the box.

For that matter, even if you DID buy it from BlackBerry, your 40 day old DTEK can still be denied any warranty coverage! And a defective four month old Priv that will randomly re-boot itself 6 times within a twenty minute span of time is also supposed to be replaced by the website you bought it from, with BlackBerry having zero responsibility to honor the warranty because you didn't buy directly from BlackBerry! It's especially sweet when you get the "generous offer" to mail the device (at your expense, of course) to BlackBerry for them to fix it for the bargain price of "only" $367! And no warranty on the repairs either! Ignoring that the cost for this great deal is higher than some websites were selling NEW Priv phones in factory sealed boxes that same day, but the ads and articles on how great the Priv keep showing up in your email!

Frankly it's hard not to feel slapped in the face by a company that you've supported for a decade, and to not feel ripped off by the fact that you're someone who constantly extolled the benefits of the OS for both the privacy & security it provides me but even with all of this mistreatment I had already planned to stick with BB10 for as long as I possibly can keep it working for my needs. Even though we're furious about the way we've been treated by the often barely English fluent jerks, because of the fact that BB10 is still the only OS option available for people who are unwilling to give total access to every aspect of our lives to be data mined just so others can get their "free" apps, games and other items who don't understand how it works in the new content system where if you aren't paying for the product then YOU'RE THE PRODUCT being traded and sold!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    07-19-17 09:24 AM
    Posted via CB10
    I have 1 I am not using.
    Are you in gta?

Thanks
    08-11-17 10:04 PM
    <snip>
    As a general rule, if you want the warranty on any product to be honored, you should buy it from an authorized retailer. This is not unreasonable. BlackBerry doesn't know if these folks on eBay are selling known defective units or if they have tampered with them. It's like buying a used car. If you find something wrong with such purchases, of course you should take it up with whoever sold it to you.
    08-12-17 07:02 AM
    Because the Classic has the most efficient form-factor and is still best at what it does best. I got a KeyOne and like it a lot, but when I'm home getting on Twitter or CB or banging out a long email, the KeyOne streams music while the Classic streams text. The KeyOne's keyboard is very nice and the app selection is welcome, but the Classic still does many things better.

From a Classic
    08-15-17 08:24 PM
57 123