When will the blue BlackBerry Classic be entering Verizon's realm? I was a user from the Pearl, to the Curve, to the Bold, then I began using iPhone in 2012. I'm coming back to BlackBerry, but I would like to wait until the blue one is available. Does anyone have insight as to how long it will be? Thanks!
    07-20-15 02:58 PM
    I would say never....

They haven't picked up any other color of the Classic, so I kinda doubt they are willing to make whatever the minimum order is for CDMA devices in another color. Especially with sales going as poorly as they did.

Now you could buy a Blue one and swap out the internals if you really want to.
    07-20-15 03:07 PM
    Especially with sales going as poorly as they did.
    Sales of what, the Classic on Verizon? Do you have a link to any numbers?

Now you could buy a Blue one and swap out the internals if you really want to.
    That won't work for Verizon. The phone would need to be IMEI-approved to work on their networks.
    07-20-15 09:36 PM
    Sales of what, the Classic on Verizon? Do you have a link to any numbers?

That won't work for Verizon. The phone would need to be IMEI-approved to work on their networks.
    No sales figures on Verizon, did talk with our corporate rep that comes by every month.... she just indicated that only a few of their corporate customers are using BB10, which is why they don't stock it in the stores. That they actually still have more request for 9930, which they still had some stockpiled for those customers - but only by request. She hadn't heard of the LEAP.

But in general, based on last ER number only 850K total BB10 devices.... the Classic isn't selling very well.

If he bought a a Verizon Classic and a Blue Classic and put the internals from the Verizon Classic into the Blue..... but no that isn't really a practical solution.

Too be honest anything is possible, but I think it more likely that if they were going to do any colors they would have first done the white Classic on Verizon.... which four months later they still haven't done.
    07-21-15 07:38 AM
    Bought my classic from Verizon last week. The salesman said," no blue AND congrats, you are the first purchaser of a bb device at this store in 2 years ". BTW, the store is in Cypress, California.
    07-21-15 11:09 PM
    Bought my classic from Verizon last week. The salesman said," no blue AND congrats, you are the first purchaser of a bb device at this store in 2 years ". BTW, the store is in Cypress, California.
    I would doubt the accuracy of his statement. Don't think they'd have any in-store if they haven't sold one in 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 12:02 AM
    This one was not in store, they mailed it to me. The demo was what they had in the store, they haven't carried a bb in their store for over a year.
    07-22-15 12:06 AM
    When will the blue BlackBerry Classic be entering Verizon's realm? I was a user from the Pearl, to the Curve, to the Bold, then I began using iPhone in 2012. I'm coming back to BlackBerry, but I would like to wait until the blue one is available. Does anyone have insight as to how long it will be? Thanks!
    I feel your pain, but I think it is very very unlikely that it will come to Verizon. I too was holding out for the Blue Classic, and I too was a Verizon Wireless user for the past 8 years.

The blue classic was released on shop blackberry only, as a "limited edition" release, in GSM only of course as all blackberry direct releases are. The fact that it was released as limited edition without any mention of carrier support tells me that once they run out of stock on shop blackberry, we will likely never see it again, especially since they've only sold a couple hundred total.

I really wanted the blue, and since I have been on my Bold 9930 with VZW for the past 5 years or so, I obviously was no longer on a contract with Verizon, and was able to easily (and fee-less-ly) transfer over to AT&T, even keeping my number.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but AT&T and T-Mobile will be the only way to use the blue classic in the states.
    07-22-15 08:32 AM
    My wife and I bought 2 Classics in June from Verizon. They had one in stock, besides the display. They had to go to another Verizon location to get another new one. Our rep said we were the first sale of the Classic for her, and the first sales of a blackberry device in over a year at that location. Scary that things are so bad for BB.
    Been a Blackberry user since 2009, Curve 8330, then the great 9930 Bold. This new Classic is more capable than the Bold 9900 series, but the software doesn't have continuity. And the Hub is overrated. I loved BB07, BB10 feels like committees that had separate agendas did the work.
    The system is regressive, the calendar app is buggy, and is inconsistent on what day it opens on. The screens constantly 're-adjust' and move around when you type. This is true in bbm. Also in many apps their seem to be free options for customization.
    But the Calendar in 10.3 is very poorly executed. 😢

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-15 09:14 AM
    Not sure about vzw classic in blue but man I'd like to see a white one for sale.

Posted via CB10
    Katlashell likes this.
    07-24-15 09:41 AM
    It seems like BlackBerry doesn't understand that American consumers love choice. Therefore, the Classic should be available in all sorts of colors we hear about in international markets, such as Colbalt Blue and Bronze. Moreover, we should be able to buy Classics and other BlackBerry devices at different carriers' retail stores, and unlocked Classics as well. I don't quite understand this exclusivity thing, whether it's with Verizon or at&t.
    07-28-15 09:00 AM