I dropped my phone in the toilet, rescued it immediately and dried it best I could. My keyboard is missing a key so my phone might be more susceptible to permanent damage. I was not able to properly turn it off immediately. While it had battery life it kept alternating between flashing the red indicator light and presenting the title screen. Now, do I keep it in my sealed bag o' rice for 48 hours (it's been in there for nearly 24) or should I charge it now? I recently opened it up to see how it was and it gave me the empty red battery full screen icon. Incidentally I did plug it in for two seconds last night, and the battery did start charging. Thanks in advance!
    10-24-15 09:38 PM
    Dry first, then charge. Your phone can handle an empty battery for a while, but a continuous source of power can make a short do more damage.
    10-24-15 11:02 PM
    Minimum 3 weeks in rice!

The 'test' you just did, made it worse

After 3 weeks, you might get it to work long enough to copy data off from it, but it can never be trusted again.

Electronics+LCD/oled+water = bad mix

When you after 3 weeks make it turn on again, it can slowly start getting worse .. The screen might be the first place showing permanent damage by getting more dim or having color issues
    10-24-15 11:05 PM
    You need to use an electronic cleaner -- rice is nice, but water isn't the issue, it's the crud in the water. Electronic cleaners will flush your phone without causing damage.
    10-25-15 10:10 AM
    Isoprop... :-)
    10-26-15 04:35 AM