I use android whatsapp latest version and it works without any big problems.

One thing I cannot solve is that notification sound is not working. Because of stupid dtmf tones, I needed to turn off tones in the normal profile, and then set app specific tone. That works for calls, emails, sms but it doesn't work for whatsapp and viber. Cannot figure out why.

Another thing I realized only today is when I tried video call on whatsapp. It works, after only few minutes phone was very hot so I could barely hold it in my hand and I had to end call.

Third thing is that I cannot send video in whatsapp. Sending and receiving pictures works ok, but video won't work.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 03:17 AM

One thing I cannot solve is that notification sound is not working. Because of stupid dtmf tones, I needed to turn off tones in the normal profile, and then set app specific tone. That works for calls, emails, sms but it doesn't work for whatsapp and viber. Cannot figure out why.

Another thing I realized only today is when I tried video call on whatsapp. It works, after only few minutes phone was very hot so I could barely hold it in my hand and I had to end call.

Third thing is that I cannot send video in whatsapp. Sending and receiving pictures works ok, but video won't work.

Posted via CB10
    I believe first two problems are related to BB10 running APK in 2020 that’s power intensive.
    01-23-20 07:02 AM
    In my case, I simply chose a ringtone from WhatsApp settings, and the notification sound works fine. Didn't mess with my profile at all.

I can send and receive video, but I haven't tried video call, so I don't know about this overheating issue.
    01-23-20 08:54 AM
    Your profile is normal?
    I turned off sound, to solve annoying dtmf tones when dialing a number, so I need to set app specific notifications. Everything else works, except whatsapp sounds. They work only when I turn on normal tones.

As I understood, that is the only solution for dtmf tones. There is no other way to turn them off

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 10:30 AM
    Yes, my profile is normal, and I haven't turned off sound. Maybe that's why it works for me?
    01-23-20 11:42 AM
    Please let me pin to this subject.
    I also got problem with WhatsApp. Few days ago I was trying to open the app, but it said that QNX application stóp working and from that day I am not able to use it.
    I've tried many different versions of apks, even installed the latest version from whatsapp.com/android but nothing works
    When I open the app, only black screen shows up and nothing happen for ages.
    Does anyone got the same problem? What is a solution?
    I am using BlackBerry 10 version 10.3.3.2137

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    For your notification issue, you will need to assign a ringtone from within WhatsApp and Viber for it to work. The rest of the settings can be controlled from within the system notification settings though.

If your device is overheating, remember that this isn't an Android so not really optimized for intensive Android tasks as that. What you can do though for it to run easier would be to turn on the Low data usage switch in WhatsApp. To do this go to; WhatsApp > Settings > Data and storage usage - toggle is at the bottom.

You can only send videos that the WhatsApp camera has recorded, videos taken with the native Camera app will return an error and there's no way past this that I'm aware.
    01-23-20 06:21 PM
    Please let me pin to this subject.
    I also got problem with WhatsApp. Few days ago I was trying to open the app, but it said that QNX application stóp working and from that day I am not able to use it.
    I've tried many different versions of apks, even installed the latest version from whatsapp.com/android but nothing works
    When I open the app, only black screen shows up and nothing happen for ages.
    Does anyone got the same problem? What is a solution?
    I am using BlackBerry 10 version 10.3.3.2137

Posted via CB10
    Try deleting every thing to do with WhatsApp from your device, then reboot and install the latest version from WhatsApp website. Before you try to open the app, hold the power button for 12 seconds, let the device reboot and then leave it alone for 15 minutes before trying to open anything.
    01-23-20 06:24 PM
    Try deleting every thing to do with WhatsApp from your device, then reboot and install the latest version from WhatsApp website. Before you try to open the app, hold the power button for 12 seconds, let the device reboot and then leave it alone for 15 minutes before trying to open anything.
    I got pictures and videos from WhatsApp on my SD card. Should I delete them too?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 08:14 PM
    I got pictures and videos from WhatsApp on my SD card. Should I delete them too?
    Posted via CB10
    No, no need.
    01-23-20 08:20 PM
    No, no need.
    Thank you so much for your advise. My WhatsApp works again!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 09:54 PM
    What you can do though for it to run easier would be to turn on the Low data usage switch in WhatsApp. To do this go to; WhatsApp > Settings > Data and storage usage - toggle is at the bottom.

You can only send videos that the WhatsApp camera has recorded, videos taken with the native Camera app will return an error and there's no way past this that I'm aware.
    Can I ask you something? Regarding the low data usage, what exactly happens if this is turned on? Does it affect anything in the process?

As for the video, I haven't tried it so far, as I said above, but I have received videos from both iOS and Android devices and they all play fine. So then, the problem would only be with me trying to send a video not recorded with the apps' camera?
    01-24-20 09:43 AM
    Can I ask you something? Regarding the low data usage, what exactly happens if this is turned on? Does it affect anything in the process?

As for the video, I haven't tried it so far, as I said above, but I have received videos from both iOS and Android devices and they all play fine. So then, the problem would only be with me trying to send a video not recorded with the apps' camera?
    If you turn on use less data, less data will be used when calling thus decreasing the load on CPU etc and reducing heat. You might find video calling grainy and voice slightly less quality.

I also never had issues receiving any file, it was only sending videos that had been recorded natively. So yes, you're correct.
    saint300 likes this.
    01-24-20 10:37 AM
    If you turn on use less data, less data will be used when calling thus decreasing the load on CPU etc and reducing heat. You might find video calling grainy and voice slightly less quality.

I also never had issues receiving any file, it was only sending videos that had been recorded natively. So yes, you're correct.
    Thanks for this! So, in this case, I will leave less data off, since I don't do video calls and I would rather have good quality when talking! Thanks again!!
    01-24-20 10:41 AM
    Whatsapp uses around 6% cpu when sending pictures and maybe 3-4% when I only text

I cannot attach screenshot
    Posted via CB10
    01-25-20 09:00 AM
    I still cannot make whatsapp notifications... viber notifications work, but whatsapp won't make a sound...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-20 02:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some notifications work in the app and some in BB10 settings.
    In WhatsApp at least if you have vibrate enabled in BB10 settings it can cut out the sound cause the app dictates the sound that isn't synchronized with the phone's vibrating notification. Turn off vibration in all profiles except "Vribration" profile. Also from BB10 settings you can set the LED but not in the app. Not sure about Viber I don't use it. One thing I hate is every time I restart my device I have to reset the Tone in WhatsApp from the default. Should just leave it as that and save the headache

The video can't be larger then 16MB. Find an app that will shrink or compress it. I use Penzus MMT from Blackberry World but I don't think it's available to the public any longer. You should be able to find a converting app/APK somewhere. You can also send it as a file which gets you a 100 MB limit in size.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-03-20 07:27 AM
    I am afraid I will have to second that. I tried video call for the first time last night, and the phone became really hot in a couple of minutes, so much so that I also had to end the call.
    02-03-20 08:48 AM
    Are you using Whatsapp on Blackberry classic?
    If yes please tell me how is it working?.....
    As I am planning to buy a bb classic in the upcoming month...
    02-12-20 08:25 AM
    Whatsapp works fine for now, without any problems. Actualy, there are few limitations, as I understood. You cannot send video, unless it is directly recorded in whatsapp.
    And, video calling uses a lot of cpu, so phone gets hot and battery is draining faster.
    But, for normal messaging, it works. So far...

Posted via CB10
    02-12-20 05:24 PM
    Whatsapp works fine for now, without any problems. Actualy, there are few limitations, as I understood. You cannot send video, unless it is directly recorded in whatsapp.
    And, video calling uses a lot of cpu, so phone gets hot and battery is draining faster.
    But, for normal messaging, it works. So far...

Posted via CB10
    Not true about the video. You can send video up to 16MB and you can always send it as a file up to 100MB. Additionally you can find a program to compress the video that works too.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-13-20 06:51 AM