Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi all,

I've been using a Blackberry 10 for the last year and a half and have been loving it. I've had a whatsapp APK on it which has worked really well, and even when i've needed to update it there has been no problems.

Today however it has told me i need to update the app again but when i do it says that the date on my version has expired and need to download a new version but when i download the new version it tells me the same thing. So i tried changing the date but when i change the date to 2018 it says that there is a wrong date on my phone and need to change it to the right one. Then when i change it to the right one it says the date has expired and i need to download the latest version. And it goes on like this.

I've tried downloading 5 or 6 different apks and it says this with all of them. Can anyone help?

*Please no questions on why i use the classic in 2019 - i use it because i like it*
    09-09-19 05:27 PM
    Hi all,

I've been using a Blackberry 10 for the last year and a half and have been loving it. I've had a whatsapp APK on it which has worked really well, and even when i've needed to update it there has been no problems.

Today however it has told me i need to update the app again but when i do it says that the date on my version has expired and need to download a new version but when i download the new version it tells me the same thing. So i tried changing the date but when i change the date to 2018 it says that there is a wrong date on my phone and need to change it to the right one. Then when i change it to the right one it says the date has expired and i need to download the latest version. And it goes on like this.

I've tried downloading 5 or 6 different apks and it says this with all of them. Can anyone help?

*Please no questions on why i use the classic in 2019 - i use it because i like it*
    You should download the latest Android version directly from WhatsApp from what I’ve read around here
    rnj1001 likes this.
    09-09-19 05:41 PM
    Hi all,

As Chuck stated, get it here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    rnj1001 likes this.
    09-09-19 05:50 PM
    I can confirm it's still working fine on BB10. I'd delete everything WhatsApp from your device and then do a fresh install from Brookies' link.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-19 06:27 PM
    Thanks so much everyone, downloaded from the whatsapp site and working perfectly. So happy!
    mh1983 likes this.
    09-10-19 07:13 AM
    Whatsapp not working for my blackberry 10
    09-11-19 12:20 PM
    As Chuck stated, get it here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    Please what settings I need set or app I need to download in getting whatsapp working in my blackberry z30 smartphone.
    09-11-19 12:29 PM
    Whatsapp not working for my blackberry 10
    Start reading at the beginning of thread. Should fix your problem.
    09-11-19 12:33 PM
    Please what settings I need set or app I need to download in getting whatsapp working in my blackberry z30 smartphone.
    I downloaded this WhatsApp version and it works on my old blackberry classic..hope that helps
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp Not Working for Blackberry 10-25282.jpg  
    09-13-19 05:20 AM
    I have had the same problem and solved it by deleting WhatsApp first (!!!) before the installation of the newly downloaded version (in apk.fomat).
    After the deinstallation running the apk file showed "installation" and after this new installation I could open/start WA. It was as if I had never had WA. WA asked for telephone number etc. and then it said it had found a "backup" from a previous WA version and if I wanted to restore that. I confirmed and got this message again that WA is outdated. I downloaded the new version again (though I think that might be redundant) ran it again (WA restarted) and then it worked: WA completely restored my WA history (all chats) and it works again fine now.

Hope that helps. :-)
    09-14-19 02:58 AM
    Hi, I've the same problem with the last update like rnj1001, even after purchase of several WhatsApp.apk and whatsApp fixer from BlackBerry-DroidStore it doesn't work. But with Chuck (Berry's?) apk downloaded directly from whatsapp.com it works! The only thing is that after restoring chats from backup nearly every contact is shown by its number instead of its name.
    Can anybody help...?
    09-14-19 04:19 AM
    Hi, I've the same problem with the last update like rnj1001, even after purchase of several WhatsApp.apk and whatsApp fixer from BlackBerry-DroidStore it doesn't work. But with Chuck (Berry's?) apk downloaded directly from whatsapp.com it works! The only thing is that after restoring chats from backup nearly every contact is shown by its number instead of its name.
    Can anybody help...?
    Give it some time, should eventually sync up.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-19 06:33 AM