What do you mean ?...I didn't understand you...

Regards!
    I wanted to say if someone, having the need to load the chat history WA of a BB OS10 on an Android device Keyone has found an expert who has made the conversion maybe even paid.
    01-10-18 04:10 PM
    I wanted to say if someone, having the need to load the chat history WA of a BB OS10 on an Android device Keyone has found an expert who has made the conversion maybe even paid.
    There's no need for an expert, once you've made an Android backup from the BB10 native client transfer it to your Keyone and simply follow these steps

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20887921#restore
    01-10-18 04:17 PM
    There's no need for an expert, once you've made an Android backup from the BB10 native client transfer it to your Keyone and simply follow these steps

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20887921#restore
    I thank you for the answer, but I do not have an Android backup, I have a 0s10 Classic backup that had a version WA 2.17.1 BB native version used until December 31, 2017 and which then generated a messagestore-YYYY-MM-DD file .1.db.crypt, how do I get a file generated by Android with the extension .crypt8 or crypt12 to be able to reload on the Keyone?
    01-11-18 02:06 AM
    This is part of the reason that some of us have been trying to talk some sense into people.
    Yes, the Android version works ... for now ... it could stop at ANY POINT.

If you are relying on WhatsApp, do you really want to be at that point where the version you were using is DEAD and you CANNOT transfer contacts, etc?????
    No need for extra hysteria and things that are not true. Why should he lose his contacts? They are automatically recognised from his contact list, either online or offline. Not dependent on WhatsApp, but the other way around.

Further more, some people here are enthusiastic about technology (me included) and forget that some people simply can't afford a KeyOne or another phone at any time someone else is telling them to...calm down and help, if you can. Of course you can "warn" them (is there so much to lose anyway? Professional content shouldn't be transferred through whatsapp anyway or backuped somewhere else additionally), but base you "warnings" upon facts, not hysteria.

Calm down, in the end it's just another messaging app. You won't die.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Akis Tsirogiannis; 01-11-18 at 09:13 AM.
    01-11-18 03:49 AM
    some people here are enthusiastic about technology (me included) and forget that some people simply can't afford a KeyOne or another phone at any time someone else is telling them too...calm down and help, if you can. Of course you can "warn" them (is there so much to lose anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Great point! The switch to Android WhatsApp has worked fine for me so I don't see any need to dump my Q10. If WhatsApp stops working in a couple of months/weeks/hours I'll address it then. I'm sure it won't take long to source a new handset.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 07:40 AM
    I thank you for the answer, but I do not have an Android backup, I have a 0s10 Classic backup that had a version WA 2.17.1 BB native version used until December 31, 2017 and which then generated a messagestore-YYYY-MM-DD file .1.db.crypt, how do I get a file generated by Android with the extension .crypt8 or crypt12 to be able to reload on the Keyone?
    Well, relax my friend!, don't worry, you can export your chats from native BB10 version to Android extension .crypt8.

To do that, open the BB10 native aplication, from the top you need to swipe down and go to the "configuration" menu (on the right corner). Then, you need to choose "Multimedia configuration" option from this menu. Finally, select the "Export conversations for Android" and do the process. That's all!.

Once the process is over (it takes a long time), you can find the backup in the "SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases" folder. It's saved as "msgstore.db.crypt8"

I hope I've helped you!
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-11-18 07:51 AM
    Well, relax my friend!, don't worry, you can export your chats from native BB10 version to Android extension .crypt8.

To do that, open the BB10 native aplication, from the top you need to swipe down and go to the "configuration" menu (on the right corner). Then, you need to choose "Multimedia configuration" option from this menu. Finally, select the "Export conversations for Android" and do the process. That's all!.

Once the process is over (it takes a long time), you can find the backup in the "SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases" folder. It's saved as "msgstore.db.crypt8"

I hope I've helped you!
    Thanks Luciano GC, unfortunately I tried to make this extraction since 01/01/208, I tried another few minutes ago, but I do not do it, in the last screen tells me that "impossible to prepare the export of the conversation because WA does not have a valid network connection ": I do not know if I'm wrong or it's too late and I have to resign myself to losing all the Classic chat.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-11-18 09:03 AM
    sorry but the date is 01/01/2018.
    01-11-18 09:06 AM
    Thanks Luciano GC, unfortunately I tried to make this extraction since 01/01/208, I tried another few minutes ago, but I do not do it, in the last screen tells me that "impossible to prepare the export of the conversation because WA does not have a valid network connection ": I do not know if I'm wrong or it's too late and I have to resign myself to losing all the Classic chat.
    Do you have an SD card? Is the date and time on your device also set correctly?

The backup should still work, if it doesn't I guess you can email yourself a text export of the chats,

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    01-11-18 09:22 AM
    mmm, it's strange...I did the process a lot of times this week and the previous and it worked perfectly.
    Try to do it again using a good WI-FI connection.

Can you use native BB10 version at the moment?

Let me know if it worked for you, if it is not, I will help you!,

Regards!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-11-18 at 10:28 AM.
    01-11-18 09:35 AM
    mmm, it's strange...I did the process a lot of times this week and the previous and it worked perfectly.
    Try to do it again using a good WI-FI connection.

Can you use native BB10 version at the moment?

Let me know if it worked for you, if it is not, I will help you!,

Regards!
    Thank you very much for your help, I have a great connection, the BB10 version is 10.3.3.2021 and the version of WA is 2.17.1, I also have the SD with all the data.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-11-18 09:51 AM
    Thank you very much for your help, I have a great connection, the BB10 version is 10.3.3.2021 and the version of WA is 2.17.1, I also have the SD with all the data.
    Sorry BB Version is 10.3.3.2031
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-11-18 09:53 AM
    You're welcome maurotr!.
    I think that, here, we tried to help us each other. This is the soul of this place. We love our BlackBerry smartphones and BB10 OS!
    Everything I can do to help you, I will do it!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-11-18 at 11:09 AM.
    01-11-18 10:56 AM
    You're welcome maurotr!.
    I think that, here, we tried to help us each other. This is the soul of this place. We love our BlackBerry smartphones and BB10 OS!
    Everything I can do to help you, I will do it!
    ok Thanks, I'm waiting, one last thing I use Italian versions, but I do not think this is the problem.
    01-11-18 11:51 AM
    ok Thanks, I'm waiting, one last thing I use Italian versions, but I do not think this is the problem.
    I don't think italian version was the problem!. I use spanish version.
    01-11-18 11:52 AM
    What version do you have of BB10 and Whatsapp? as I said, I have 10.3.3.2031 and 2.17.1 plus the SD Card with WA data.
    01-11-18 04:38 PM
    I don't think italian version was the problem!. I use spanish version.
    What version do you have of BB10 and Whatsapp? as I said, I have 10.3.3.2031 and 2.17.1 plus the SD Card with WA data, and the chat export still does not work.
    01-12-18 06:01 AM
    Yes, you 100% can use it. And yes - it is 1000% __official__ app.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely use Whatsfixer free from CellNinja over that nemory characters stuff. And yes, all works except some gifs, every other features works and works flawless...
    01-12-18 06:21 AM
    What version do you have of BB10 and Whatsapp? as I said, I have 10.3.3.2031 and 2.17.1 plus the SD Card with WA data, and the chat export still does not work.
    Hi guys!,

maurotr, hoy are you?, I have the following data:

Factory unlocked BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 BB10:
    * Software version: 10.3.3.1463
    * OS version: 10.3.3.2205
    * Radio version: 10.3.3.2206
    * Carrier: Telecom, Personal (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

WhatsApp native BB10:
    * version: 2.17.1

And also, I have a Kingston Technology, 16 GB, class 4 SD Card where I save all BB10 native WhatsApp data.
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-12-18 at 07:27 AM.
    01-12-18 07:17 AM
    Hi guys!,

maurotr, hoy are you?, I have the following data:

Factory unlocked BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 BB10:
    * Software version: 10.3.3.1463
    * OS version: 10.3.3.2205
    * Radio version: 10.3.3.2206
    * Carrier: Telecom, Personal (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

WhatsApp native BB10:
    * version: 2.17.1

And also, I have a Kingston Technology, 16 GB, class 4 SD Card where I save all BB10 native WhatsApp data.

I have the next version of BB10 while the WA version is the same. I could try to downgrade to your version 1463, but I have to be careful not to reset everything and leave my data, maybe I have to do it with Sachesi? I do not know if I have to recharge even WA, I'll see later. Later I try.
    01-12-18 08:24 AM
    I have the next version of BB10 while the WA version is the same. I could try to downgrade to your version 1463, but I have to be careful not to reset everything and leave my data, maybe I have to do it with Sachesi? I do not know if I have to recharge even WA, I'll see later. Later I try.
    The OS probably isn't the problem. Do you have any other access to the app (can you send and receive messages for example)?
    01-12-18 09:50 AM
    The OS probably isn't the problem. Do you have any other access to the app (can you send and receive messages for example)?
    I have the messaging of the "Vodafone" phone operator and then I have the blackberry chat that I have not used for a long time, but what connection could there be? Thanks Mauro
    01-12-18 12:35 PM
    I have the messaging of the "Vodafone" phone operator and then I have the blackberry chat that I have not used for a long time, but what connection could there be? Thanks Mauro
    Sorry, I meant can you still send or receive messages in the native WhatsApp?
    01-12-18 01:46 PM
    Mauro,

I Agree with Invictus0, as he told you, I don't think that the OS BB10 version was the problem.

Is your WhatsApp BB10 native version works fine?, can you still send and receive messages ?.

Well, you can try to do the backup Android export again (from the native BB10 version). If it fails, perhaps, you can post here an error printscreen (-you can do that pressing simultaneously volume up and down keys-). Then, we can see it and think how can we help you.
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-12-18 at 03:41 PM.
    01-12-18 02:40 PM
    [/U][/U]
    Sorry, I meant can you still send or receive messages in the native WhatsApp?
    to Invictus0 and Luciano GC

Unfortunately I can no longer send WA messages, the chat is blocked on every single mobile number telling me "you can not send messages in this chat because Whatsapp no longer supports this phone". If I try to generate the file to export the conversations for Android, it says to me "Warning this feature is not supported" if I go ahead and touch "Prepare" tells me "Can not prepare the conversation export because Whatsapp does not have a valid network connection "this message has given me since the first days of 2018.
    Whatsapp on classic in 2018-img_20180112_224845-002-.png
    Last edited by maurotr; 01-12-18 at 03:55 PM.
    01-12-18 03:38 PM
171 ... 4567