Hi Invictus0,

I Apologize for my mistake. I just only wanted to help him!

Regards!
    No need to apologize, we're all here to help.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-08-18 01:05 PM
    No need to apologize, we're all here to help.
    That's the words!, I think the same as you!,

Have a nice day,
    Regards!
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-08-18 01:09 PM
    starting today,somehow wa doesent work properly on hub,its still a partial alert

Posted via CB10
    01-09-18 05:01 AM
    Hi Invictus0,

I Apologize for my mistake. I just only wanted to help him!

Regards!
    Thanks for your efforts, though the forum you mentioned serves the same purposes as what fixer does coz I tried that method prior to using fixer.
    I wanted to know a fix on this issue:
    I am unable to save backup on Google drive. When I try taking a backup, following error comes, I was unable to restore the previous back up coz of similar error when I switched to BB from android. Has anyone faced this and knows how to fix?
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp on classic in 2018-img_20180104_121311.png   Whatsapp on classic in 2018-img_20180103_194536.png  
    01-09-18 06:45 AM
    Thanks for your efforts, though the forum you mentioned serves the same purposes as what fixer does coz I tried that method prior to using fixer.
    I wanted to know a fix on this issue:
    I am unable to save backup on Google drive. When I try taking a backup, following error comes, I was unable to restore the previous back up coz of similar error when I switched to BB from android. Has anyone faced this and knows how to fix?
    IIRC Google Drive backups don't work on BB10. Have you tried local backups?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20887921#restore
    01-09-18 10:44 AM
    Local backup works fine I guess. But Google drive backsup the media files as well IMO.
    Could you please confirm if in future ill switch to android phone, will moving the backup files restore my old chats??
    01-09-18 11:28 AM
    Local backup works fine I guess. But Google drive backsup the media files as well IMO.
    Could you please confirm if in future ill switch to android phone, will moving the backup files restore my old chats??
    Hi Jatin Lamba!,

As Invictus0 said, Google Drive backup is not supported on native BB10 version.
    The only option that I see to do this is exporting from native BB10 version and importing them to APK Android version to restore your old chats. I mean restoring them from a local backup (you need to place it in -> /SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases). It's the only way we got!

I didn't move to the APK Android version yet. At the morning I did an export backup, and when the native BB10 will shut down, I'm going to install APK Android and I will try to import them from a local backup. I only did a backup from my chat messages (I did not include any photos or videos or voice messages).

I hope I've helped you!

Regards!
    01-09-18 03:56 PM
    I'm not sure, I would assume so because it's the Android version at the end of the day but nothing is certain with the BB10 runtime. Hopefully someone who has tried doing that can answer.

Hi Jatin Lamba!,

As Invictus0 said, Google Drive backup is not supported on native BB10 version.
    The only option that I see to do this is exporting from native BB10 version and importing them to APK Android version to restore your old chats. I mean restoring them from a local backup (you need to place it in -> /SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases). It's the only way we got!

I didn't move to the APK Android version yet. At the morning I did an export backup, and when the native BB10 will shut down, I'm going to install APK Android and I will try to import them from a local backup. I only did a backup from my chat messages (I did not include any photos or videos or voice messages).

I hope I've helped you!

Regards!
    Make sure you're exporting an Android backup and not a regular native app backup. You might as well switch now while the native app is still working, if something is wrong with the backup you'll at least have a chance to create a new one.
    01-09-18 05:03 PM
    I'm not sure, I would assume so because it's the Android version at the end of the day but nothing is certain with the BB10 runtime. Hopefully someone who has tried doing that can answer.

Make sure you're exporting an Android backup and not a regular native app backup. You might as well switch now while the native app is still working, if something is wrong with the backup you'll at least have a chance to create a new one.

Hi Invictus0,

Of course, when I'm meaning to export chats from native BB10 version, I'm always talking about the option to export them to Android (main configuration/multimedia configuration/conversations export for Android)

However, you gave me a wise advice. The problem here is, can I try import chats to APK Android version using in the same device the native BB10 version with the same number in both of them ?. I think I could not do that. I want to keep using native BB10 version until it's definitely rest in peace. I wondering, Can I try use the same number of both versions in the same device?...

Regards!,
    01-09-18 06:52 PM
    Hi Invictus0,

Of course, when I'm meaning to export chats from native BB10 version, I'm always talking about the option to export them to Android (main configuration/multimedia configuration/conversations export for Android)

However, you gave me a wise advice. The problem here is, can I try import chats to APK Android version using in the same device the native BB10 version with the same number in both of them ?. I think I can't do do that. I want to keep using native BB10 version until it's definitely rest in peace. I wondering, Can I try use the same number of both versions in the same device?...

Regards!,
    You can have both running at the same time but not with the same number. So if you install the Android version and switch your number to it you won't be able to use the native version.

The developer said the native version will continue working for up to two weeks after the deadline so it will probably stop working within the next few days.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-09-18 06:56 PM
    You can have both running at the same time but not with the same number. So if you install the Android version and switch your number to it you won't be able to use the native version.

The developer said the native version will continue working for up to two weeks after the deadline so it will probably stop working within the next few days.
    So, we got at least a few days to use the native BB10 version...At any time, we will not be able to use it anymore ...

Did you try to export chat conversations and import them in the APK version ?. If you have tried, did it work for you and you could restored all de chats ?,

Which APK Android version do you use ?. The original from WhatsApp website or another web ?...I use the APK from APKmirror source.

Regards!
    01-09-18 09:26 PM
    So, we got at least a few days to use the native BB10 version...At any time, we will not be able to use it anymore ...
    Pretty much unfortunately.

Did you try to export chat conversations and import them in the APK version ?. If you have tried, did it work for you and you could restored all de chats ?,

Which APK Android version do you use ?. The original from WhatsApp website or another web ?...I use the APK from APKmirror source.

Regards!
    You can download it directly from WhatsApp,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

I didn't import my chats when I switched (didn't see a need for them) but see dkonigsberg_wa's two posts in this thread for steps,

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13096044
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-09-18 10:02 PM
    Ich have downloaded and installed WhatsApp apk and after them WhatsFixer from BlackBerry World. It works great.

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    01-10-18 02:43 AM
    Pretty much unfortunately.

You can download it directly from WhatsApp,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

I didn't import my chats when I switched (didn't see a need for them) but see dkonigsberg_wa's two posts in this thread for steps,

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13096044

Yes, I know the sites where I can download the APK version. My main concern is if I can import all my chats from BB10 version to APK Version....That's my point...
    Anyway, I will read carefully dkonigsberg_wa's post

Why don't you interested in exported your chats?. Maybe, Am I wrong to want to do that process?...

Regards!
    01-10-18 08:37 AM
    Me again,

Who is the developer who said that ?, where did you read that ?...Do you know him ?...Is he a developer in charge of BB10 native App or he just simply works in the main project ?...

Have I done too many questions about that?.
    I'm just only curious about if this method could be work...

I wish to keep using WA (with all my old chats) in my beloved BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 for a while !

Regards!
    01-10-18 09:20 AM
    I have a backup of WA (msgStore-2017-12-31.2.db.crypt) done on Classic BB10, to date is there any possibility of converting it to one of the Android versions with the crypt12 extension? I tried various solutions but nothing to do, I can not recharge the chat history.
    is there anyone who did this kind of conversion after 01/01/2018?
    Thanks for your help, Thanks
    01-10-18 09:35 AM
    Is there anyone who did this kind of conversion for a fee?
    01-10-18 10:08 AM
    Me again,

Who is the developer who said that ?, where did you read that ?...Do you know him ?...Is he a developer in charge of BB10 native App or he just simply works in the main project ?...
    Regards!
    One of the other threads has a developer who says he works for WhatsApp: he has made these statements.

We are taking his word for the fact that he works for WA, but he seems very knowledgeable about the project. So, you're going to lose native WA approximately 2 weeks into January.

I would heed the warning and get onto an Android version quickly.

The best solution is to get an Android PHONE, as the Android apks for BB10 phones are NOT supported and could stop working at any point.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-10-18 10:37 AM
    Is there anyone who did this kind of conversion for a fee?
    What do you mean ?...I didn't understand you...

Regards!
    01-10-18 11:00 AM
    One of the other threads has a developer who says he works for WhatsApp: he has made these statements.

We are taking his word for the fact that he works for WA, but he seems very knowledgeable about the project. So, you're going to lose native WA approximately 2 weeks into January.

I would heed the warning and get onto an Android version quickly.

The best solution is to get an Android PHONE, as the Android apks for BB10 phones are NOT supported and could stop working at any point.
    Yes, of course, I'm really conscious about the developer's warning. I've read that in another thread.
    I also 100% agree with you about that the best solution is to get a real Android Device (such as BlackBerry KEYone or BlackBerry Motion for instance) to use WhatsApp without any problems and with all the support and its new features.

But, at the moment, I need to keep using my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 because I can't buy a new one. So, the only way that I be able to use WhatsApp is using the APK version. There is no other way for me.

That's why I'm trying to import all BB10 chat conversations in the APK version...
    If I found a solution that it works, I will post it here to share with all!

regards!
    01-10-18 11:21 AM
    Yes, I know the sites where I can download the APK version. My main concern is if I can import all my chats from BB10 version to APK Version....That's my point...
    Anyway, I will read carefully dkonigsberg_wa's post

Why don't you interested in exported your chats?. Maybe, Am I wrong to want to do that process?...

Regards!
    I'm not a heavy WhatsApp user so I didn't feel there was anything worth transferring over.
    If you have any important chats you should definitely do a backup or email export.

Me again,

Have I done too many questions about that?.
    I'm just only curious about if this method could be work...

I wish to keep using WA (with all my old chats) in my beloved BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 for a while !

Regards!
    He's the developer behind the BB10 app. You can read his comment here,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13102617
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-10-18 12:23 PM
    wafixer never worked for me, back in the times it was much better to change whatsapp directory to MicroSD card (for ppl interested, its somewhere here in cracberry)
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-10-18 12:53 PM
    Hello guys, i really really want to buy a bb classic because im fed up with using the iphone so i really need to know if the classic will run whatsapp in 2018..
    What about a Keyone?
    01-10-18 12:58 PM
    What about a Keyone?
    HI Hphv,

You don't have to be worried about that!. If you have a BlackBerry Keyone, it has Android OS (7.1.1, Nougat) running!.
    You have the entire google play store for you!. WhatsApp will run with all new features!

Regards!
    01-10-18 01:54 PM
    HI Hphv,

You don't have to be worried about that!. If you have a BlackBerry Keyone, it has Android OS (7.1.1, Nougat) running!.
    You have the entire google play store for you!. WhatsApp will run with all new features!

Regards!
    I was actually replying to Kra Lex suggesting him why not to get a Keyone iso a Classic. It is a nice phone...
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-10-18 02:28 PM
171 ... 34567