Who really thinks it goes only about some weeks or month's? :-)

Please, if I have to read arguments, then real arguments.

Posted via CB10
    Directly from the WhatsApp BB10 developer:

"The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended."
    01-06-18 03:28 PM
    Who really thinks it goes only about some weeks or month's? :-)

Please, if I have to read arguments, then real arguments.

Posted via CB10
    I think you should read into how WhatsApp works. All builds on all platforms expire a few months from release. What this means is if a future update breaks a feature on BB10 you can't roll back to an older build (as with Instagram for example) because the older build will stop working.

If you stay on an old build of WhatsApp for too long the app will eventually stop working (much like the native BB10 client). This isn't a long process, the expiration timer is usually months or weeks per build IIRC.
    01-06-18 03:34 PM
    The BB10 version will stop working anyway in a few days, while it still works you can export your conversations and import them into the Android version.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13107190

Hi Guys, I started the Whatsapp "migration" for my BB Classic to the android version, but I think I misread the instructions and did not created the export file at the right time.

I downloaded the android version as suggested on here.
    I then ran WhatsFixer,
    I then ran the Android version of WhatsApp, which asked me to
    confirm my mobile number. Having given ehatsapp this number, they
    sent me the verification code by text which I then entered.

I am now in the following position:
    My Old BB WhatsApp is still on the hadset, I can access it, V2.17.1
    But when I go into Settings > Media Settings > Export Conv for Android, I get the message that that it "could not prepare for conv export because WhatsApp does not have a valid network).

I can still access all my individual chats, s well as group messages, but a message each time states that I can't send messages to this chat, as WhatsApp no longer supports this phone".

I can also access the new Android WhatsApp. As I have now verified using my mobile number, I can see creation of all the groups I belonged in, but there are no of messages on here.

My Old WA BB Version created a nightly WA backup, and I can see the folders for the last 7 days of this:
    Device/misc/WhatsApp/backup

The new WA Android version has also created similar folders:
    Device/misc/android/WhatsApp.... where there are 3 folders: Databases, backup and Media.

How can I now transfer messages from the old WA BB version to the new WA Android version on my BB Classic SQC100 (10.3.3.1435).

I realise that I did not create the export file for android at the right time, and am really kicking myself for this.

At the moment it appears that I can access both versions of WhatsApp, but my worst fear is that the BB version is now "frozen" and I cannot export/transfer all my conversations into the android version, so that they could all be in the new version, instead of being split out.

Is there a way out, or have I now lost the ability to transfer the conversations into the android version of WhatsApp?

Thanks.
    01-06-18 09:55 PM
    Okay, this I call an argument.
    We will see

Posted via CB10
    01-07-18 03:25 AM
    We will see

Posted via CB10
    "We will see."
    THAT'S your counter argument???
    Lol!
    01-07-18 04:50 AM
    I don't wanted to argue,
    I wanted an reasonable argument.

This is one I can accept because it is logical

Okay? :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-07-18 05:16 AM
    If you really need WhatsApp and can't live without it, but absolutely want to use a Classic, I would suggest buying a KEYone, unbox, fire it up, set it up completely, download all apps etc..., turn it off, place back in its box, and throw it in a drawer. That way, the moment WhatsApp apk stops working on that Classic, just reach for their KEYone, pop the sim in, fire it up and voila
    01-07-18 07:20 AM
    Hi Guys, I started the Whatsapp "migration" for my BB Classic to the android version, but I think I misread the instructions and did not created the export file at the right time.

I downloaded the android version as suggested on here.
    I then ran WhatsFixer,
    I then ran the Android version of WhatsApp, which asked me to
    confirm my mobile number. Having given ehatsapp this number, they
    sent me the verification code by text which I then entered.

I am now in the following position:
    My Old BB WhatsApp is still on the hadset, I can access it, V2.17.1
    But when I go into Settings > Media Settings > Export Conv for Android, I get the message that that it "could not prepare for conv export because WhatsApp does not have a valid network).

I can still access all my individual chats, s well as group messages, but a message each time states that I can't send messages to this chat, as WhatsApp no longer supports this phone".

I can also access the new Android WhatsApp. As I have now verified using my mobile number, I can see creation of all the groups I belonged in, but there are no of messages on here.

My Old WA BB Version created a nightly WA backup, and I can see the folders for the last 7 days of this:
    Device/misc/WhatsApp/backup

The new WA Android version has also created similar folders:
    Device/misc/android/WhatsApp.... where there are 3 folders: Databases, backup and Media.

How can I now transfer messages from the old WA BB version to the new WA Android version on my BB Classic SQC100 (10.3.3.1435).

I realise that I did not create the export file for android at the right time, and am really kicking myself for this.

At the moment it appears that I can access both versions of WhatsApp, but my worst fear is that the BB version is now "frozen" and I cannot export/transfer all my conversations into the android version, so that they could all be in the new version, instead of being split out.

Is there a way out, or have I now lost the ability to transfer the conversations into the android version of WhatsApp?

Thanks.
    Is your old WhatsApp using the same number as the new Android install? If so you might have to switch your number back to the native app but I don't know if that's possible anymore.

Have you tried manually backing up conversations through email? You can't import these but you'll at least have a copy of them.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777

We will see

Posted via CB10
    There's only one stance (the official WhatsApp stance) so I don't think you can call it an argument.
    01-07-18 10:52 AM
    Well well well, going by the group name, I see I am 100% eligible to answer this since I have bought a classic in 2018 ( last week of 2017) actually and I must say I am a proud owner of this beautiful masterpiece. Coming to point, whatsapp is working fine here though as Conite mentioned till when but it might take 1-2 years or maybe more to be fully unfunctional on android apk. That being said, whatsapp apk + whatsfixer will get the work done, however I am facing issues while sending any video ( within the size limit) on my classic, I have tried uinstalling, security wipe, installing back with whatsfixer but still not able to send any video, can anybody please care to help!
    01-07-18 11:28 AM
    Well well well, going by the group name, I see I am 100% eligible to answer this since I have bought a classic in 2018 ( last week of 2017) actually and I must say I am a proud owner of this beautiful masterpiece. Coming to point, whatsapp is working fine here though as Conite mentioned till when but it might take 1-2 years or maybe more to be fully unfunctional on android apk. That being said, whatsapp apk + whatsfixer will get the work done, however I am facing issues while sending any video ( within the size limit) on my classic, I have tried uinstalling, security wipe, installing back with whatsfixer but still not able to send any video, can anybody please care to help!
    You need to have an SD card present at all times in the phone in order for whatsfixer to work and allow the sending and receiving of media.
    01-07-18 12:25 PM
    I use GBWhatsApp with its new update features.... I can send and receive all media. I use BG SSH-SCP-SFTP after installing GBWhatsApp
    01-07-18 08:21 PM
    I have an SD card installed, I am able to share contacts images and even voice notes but not large videos... I tried sending a trimmed video under 16mb but that failed as well!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 04:26 AM
    Is your old WhatsApp using the same number as the new Android install? If so you might have to switch your number back to the native app but I don't know if that's possible anymore.

Have you tried manually backing up conversations through email? You can't import these but you'll at least have a copy of them.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    Yes, Number is same for both. Can't find how to switch number back to the Native App as WhatsApp no longer appears in Blackberry World.
    Even if it did, WA will not all the BB Classic to verify the number.

Will read up on backing up convo via email.

Thanks.

EDIT
    Have since found that I an unable to send images or videos on WhatsApp by Android, even though I have a 64gb SD card in the Classic.
    01-08-18 07:20 AM
    I have an SD card installed, I am able to share contacts images and even voice notes but not large videos... I tried sending a trimmed video under 16mb but that failed as well!

Posted via CB10
    I had this issue on my Q10 with videos I shot on the phone. You have to convert the video to mp4 format before sending. You can download Video Converter for free from Blackberry World, use that to convert the video and then send. Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 07:24 AM

Have since found that I an unable to send images or videos on WhatsApp by Android, even though I have a 64gb SD card in the Classic.
    Try running the whatsfixer since you have the Android whatsapp and SD card already
    01-08-18 07:26 AM
    WA is distributed through the official site as an APK. That means that GPS are not to be used at almost 100%. This is an example of a good piece of news. Please, stop that hysteria. Just let some individuals continue to use their BB10 devices as long as they can. There are a few guys on this forum who consistently promote BBAndroid. Are you one of them?

Posted via CB10
    That's absolutely tru

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 07:39 AM
    Try running the whatsfixer since you have the Android whatsapp and SD card already
    I ran it when I first downloaded WA Android. I read somewhere on here that it can take time for this to run, depending on the size of SD card (mine is 50gb full, out of 64gb).

So I have now run it again, but will leave it the handset for a while, for the fixer to complete the task.
    01-08-18 08:08 AM

Thanks.
    This is part of the reason that some of us have been trying to talk some sense into people.
    Yes, the Android version works ... for now ... it could stop at ANY POINT.

If you are relying on WhatsApp, do you really want to be at that point where the version you were using is DEAD and you CANNOT transfer contacts, etc?????

It's like last week where the cold weather finally overwhelmed the battery in my truck and my wife is waking me up at 5 am for taxi money. I was too stupid to replace the battery that I knew was dying, hoping I could limp it through the winter.

WRONG!

If you keep using WA on BB10, then you are just setting yourself up for failure. Worse yet, people have warned you!
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    01-08-18 08:48 AM
    This is part of the reason that some of us have been trying to talk some sense into people.
    Yes, the Android version works ... for now ... it could stop at ANY POINT.

If you are relying on WhatsApp, do you really want to be at that point where the version you were using is DEAD and you CANNOT transfer contacts, etc?????

It's like last week where the cold weather finally overwhelmed the battery in my truck and my wife is waking me up at 5 am for taxi money. I was too stupid to replace the battery that I knew was dying, hoping I could limp it through the winter.

WRONG!

If you keep using WA on BB10, then you are just setting yourself up for failure. Worse yet, people have warned you!
    Am fully aware of what you are saying, which has been repeated by others as well.

I plan to get a Samsung S8 within the next few months, but was trying to make sure WA was still working on my Classic in the meantime.
    01-08-18 09:21 AM
    Yes, Number is same for both. Can't find how to switch number back to the Native App as WhatsApp no longer appears in Blackberry World.
    Even if it did, WA will not all the BB Classic to verify the number.

Will read up on backing up convo via email.

Thanks.

EDIT
    Can you visit the WhatsApp site on your Classic and click the "Download Now" link at the top? It should open BB World and send you to the WhatsApp listing, you'll be able to download it from there but I don't know if it'll let you login anymore.
    01-08-18 09:52 AM
    Can you visit the WhatsApp site on your Classic and click the "Download Now" link at the top? It should open BB World and send you to the WhatsApp listing, you'll be able to download it from there but I don't know if it'll let you login anymore.
    Yes, was able to get to the WA website, and click the Download now. Yes, it did open up the BB World and showed WhatsApp listing. When I clicked "Open", it sent me in to the BB WhatsApp that is already on my mobile and I was able to view all the old chats, and even able to select any of the chats, but cannot participate in the chats, as it states at the bottom of each chat "Whatsapp no longer supports this phone".
    01-08-18 12:11 PM
    Hi Jatin Lamba,

For send images, videos and voice messages with the Apk WhatsApp version you need to follow this instructions:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-android-what...

I did it step by step and everything works fine for me!. And I didn't need to install any patch or WA Fixer to do that.

Let me know if it's works fine for you. If it's not, I will help you!.

Regards!
    01-08-18 12:39 PM
    Hi Jatin Lamba,

How are you ?, I hope very well!

For send images, videos and voice messages with the Apk WhatsApp version you only need to follow this instructions:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...571.1515265505

I followed it step by step and everything works fine for me!. And I didn't need to install any patch or WhatsApp fixer to do that.

Regards!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-08-18 at 12:52 PM. Reason: wrong word
    01-08-18 12:47 PM
    Yes, was able to get to the WA website, and click the Download now. Yes, it did open up the BB World and showed WhatsApp listing. When I clicked "Open", it sent me in to the BB WhatsApp that is already on my mobile and I was able to view all the old chats, and even able to select any of the chats, but cannot participate in the chats, as it states at the bottom of each chat "Whatsapp no longer supports this phone".
    If you open WhatsApp and go into Settings (swipe down), do you see an option to export Android backups in any of the menus?

Hi Jatin Lamba,

How are you ?, I hope very well!

For send images, videos and voice messages with the Apk WhatsApp version you only need to follow this instructions:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...571.1515265505

I followed it step by step and everything works fine for me!. And I didn't need to install any patch or WhatsApp fixer to do that.

Regards!
    WhatsFixer and the linked patch are both the same, the former is basically for people that don't want to use command line.
    01-08-18 12:53 PM
    If you open WhatsApp and go into Settings (swipe down), do you see an option to export Android backups in any of the menus?

WhatsFixer and the linked patch are both the same, the former is basically for people that don't want to use command line.
    Hi Invictus0,

I Apologize for my mistake. I just only wanted to help him!

Regards!
    01-08-18 12:56 PM
171 ... 23456 ...