If you like the Classic then go for it! We all know that every other device is faster but its a personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 10:34 PM
    Stupidity

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 08:55 AM
    well I am saving for the Keyone! i simply love my classic but TBH ALL my android apps have STOPPED working including instagram etc etc. I can;t get the ANdroid runtime to run! i thought when i got the upgrade to 10.3.3.2163 all my problems will be solved , but earlier i coudnt install only the android whatasapp in addition to the one on my bb but not i can;t even run maps, instagaram and other android apps i used to use!! now i have no clue how to fix the whatsapp issue after 30 june 2017(winter is coming) and I dont have an alternate...
    06-14-17 08:43 AM
    The Classic is best in class for core functions including phone, email, messaging, calendar, tasks, contacts, file management, music and video (accepting the small screen)

On the negative side: small screen, Web browser is aging, Android apps are slow and limited to Android KitKat 4.3 which is more than 4 years old.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-14-17 08:58 AM
    I agree with the mindset of viewing BB10 and the  Classic as an upgraded feature phone or more advanced BBOS device than a modern app and media consumption smartphone.

I use mine for communication. Texting, emails, and light web browsing. Basically the stock app package +crackberry. My experience is great for my personal use. Don't use the android apps, kills time and battery. I have an iPad and 15" laptop for the all the apps or programs. But it's my personal preference to not have those at my fingertips 24/7. For that specialized use, the  Classic works perfectly. I'm a PKB guy. Call it old fashioned.

 C L A S S I C • SQC100-3/10.3.3.2205 on Verizon
    06-14-17 08:51 PM
    There are good alternatives for Instagram i.e Igrann(free); Insta 10

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-15-17 12:45 AM
    I agree with the mindset of viewing BB10 and the  Classic as an upgraded feature phone or more advanced BBOS device than a modern app and media consumption smartphone.

I use mine for communication. Texting, emails, and light web browsing. Basically the stock app package +crackberry. My experience is great for my personal use. Don't use the android apps, kills time and battery. I have an iPad and 15" laptop for the all the apps or programs. But it's my personal preference to not have those at my fingertips 24/7. For that specialized use, the  Classic works perfectly. I'm a PKB guy. Call it old fashioned.

 C L A S S I C • SQC100-3/10.3.3.2205 on Verizon
    BB10 phones are much more powerful than "feature phones," and even than BBOS devices for Internet browsing and media, but are not nearly as flexible in terms of third party apps as iOS and Android-based phones.

Buy them for their native functionality, and you won't go wrong, but don't expect to install whatever apps you want.

rbruce63 and Vaughn Mises like this.
    06-15-17 09:04 AM
    I answer all of these threads the same way.

If you mostly need a phone that does texting, emails, and calls, I would say to go for it. Understand what you are getting yourself into and the limitations of the device. No future updates to the runtime or the OS itself.

This OS isn't for anyone who needs the latest and greatest, but it can work when used with understanding of what it can and can't do.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    kbz1960 and rayporsche like this.
    06-16-17 10:30 PM
    I would say no go on a classic at this point. Especially as a daily now if you wanted to get it to use it here and there ok. It just lacks the power I wish they would have put the 801 in it. I love the size of the classic but it just doesn't keep up for me but I'll always keep it and use it from time to time

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 03:46 PM
    I would say no go on a classic at this point. Especially as a daily now if you wanted to get it to use it here and there ok. It just lacks the power I wish they would have put the 801 in it. I love the size of the classic but it just doesn't keep up for me but I'll always keep it and use it from time to time

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious what you're running that slows it down? Android apps? Because for all the native BB10 applications it's snappy and responsive, in my experience.

06-17-17 04:18 PM
    I am writing this on a BlackBerry Classic right now & I really enjoy it. I love the design of this phone + the "heft", it *feels* premium! The kb is, of course, v nice too. This is my first BlackBerry & I may get the KEYone at some point but I am happy with this for the time being. I would recommend it!

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-17-17 09:53 PM
    I'm curious what you're running that slows it down? Android apps? Because for all the native BB10 applications it's snappy and responsive, in my experience.

Nothing crazy I stay away from android apps on the classic tends to not handle them well (load times). It's not that the classic is slow but say you're in and out of the browser different tabs open going into text messages making calls then you switch to say the passport I personally notice a difference with how much quicker the pp works with different things going on at once, native apps open much faster on the pp then the classic so going from pp to classic makes the classic feel slow then you get use to it after sometime but using a different phone and you instantly notice how much faster other devices are. The classic is just not a device I would recommend anyone using as there one and only

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 12:04 AM
    i like the design and OS of BB classic...seems more professional in all aspects.
    i have planned to buy a Classic very soon....when i had a case study regarding different smartphones in Blackberry pool, i like the design and premium appearance of BB Keyone...but only because it comes with an Android OS, I left that case ....
    So friends, i need your valuable comments -
    New Member here...#first post ...thank you
    I purchased the KeyOne and no question its an amazing phone. However, I keep going back to my Classic. Why? For email and texting there's just no comparison. The OS system on the Classic just reminds me for business and email communication, the phone is the best on the market! I ended up purchasing 2 more Classics !
    06-18-17 01:15 AM
    I guess it all depends on your needs, if you have a life and treasure your time and can also run a business at the same time mostly from your mobile device then yes the Classic works even in 2017, on the other hand if you are deep into the social scenes, games, really care about what other people think and enjoy your alone time with your device, you know the current 'been assimilated' zombies society constantly staring at their devices, well the Classic may not be for you. Don't get me wrong we've come a long way technology wise and there are several amazing phones out there.
    I currently own a Classic which is one of my favorite daily devices along with the P9982 among many other even older Blackberries and have tried everything else from iPhones to every imaginable Android device but always end back with my trusty old berries, then again that's just me old school all the way. Not really worry about BB OS 10 future at all, the thing works as intended, meets all my communication needs and ultimately the time to live is now not tomorrow.
    06-18-17 07:48 AM
    Nothing crazy I stay away from android apps on the classic tends to not handle them well (load times). It's not that the classic is slow but say you're in and out of the browser different tabs open going into text messages making calls then you switch to say the passport I personally notice a difference with how much quicker the pp works with different things going on at once, native apps open much faster on the pp then the classic so going from pp to classic makes the classic feel slow then you get use to it after sometime but using a different phone and you instantly notice how much faster other devices are. The classic is just not a device I would recommend anyone using as there one and only

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as Web sites have continued to become more complex, the older phones start to show their age more. I notice it on my Z10 but it doesn't really have an impact on my effectiveness most of the time, as I'm usually just reading text in my browser.

06-18-17 09:11 AM
    I guess it all depends on your needs, if you have a life and treasure your time and can also run a business at the same time mostly from your mobile device then yes the Classic works even in 2017, on the other hand if you are deep into the social scenes, games, really care about what other people think and enjoy your alone time with your device, you know the current 'been assimilated' zombies society constantly staring at their devices, well the Classic may not be for you. Don't get me wrong we've come a long way technology wise and there are several amazing phones out there.
    I currently own a Classic which is one of my favorite daily devices along with the P9982 among many other even older Blackberries and have tried everything else from iPhones to every imaginable Android device but always end back with my trusty old berries, then again that's just me old school all the way. Not really worry about BB OS 10 future at all, the thing works as intended, meets all my communication needs and ultimately the time to live is now not tomorrow.
    Without judging whether it's good or bad, I would say the above description captures why some people are happy with BB10 and others find it unworkable.

I would add that, depending on the apps employed for work, there are many situations in 2017 where one might have to carry an Android or iPhone for work.

rayporsche likes this.
    06-18-17 09:15 AM
    If you wan't to try it now it's the best time. You can always sell it if you don't like it.

Bush did bb10
    06-18-17 10:58 AM
    WhatsApp has been officially extended until December 31st, 2017.
    applescruff likes this.
    06-19-17 07:45 AM
    I have just had my third BlackBerry Classic today, and honestly I am always satisfied, in short the phone is very class.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 07:15 PM
    Hi guys,
    I get my classic three days ago. I had a blackberry curve back in 2009 to 2011. Then switch to i Phone-Android-i Phone and currently with a Moto Z Force (android). Those flagship are powerful but die quickly because the new software and others newer flagship. My current android do not have a year and already suffered performance issues. I bought my classic on ebay for $60 + $13 in accessories such as charger, screen protector and two leather pouch (original). I am amaze how this 2014 phone perform after three years (and a second hand phone). I am believing the key component of the smoothly performance on my classic is the BlackBerry 10 OS. Agree with previous comment. If you looking to download the most modern app, this phone is not for you. But if your focus is productivity, this freaky phone is amazing. Actually, the lack of app can be compensate in other ways. For example, BlackBerry 10 OS do not support the officially uber app. But you can use the official uber app from the browser (http://m.uber.com).
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rasek Classic; 07-03-17 at 09:02 AM.
    07-02-17 11:51 PM
    Very cool!

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    07-02-17 11:58 PM
    Go for it! In Blue too!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 05:09 PM
    Go for it! In Blue too!

Posted via CB10
    oh yes....i wish I'd find a bronze one some day ;-)

CB10 on my Classic
    07-04-17 02:10 PM
    Just ordered it. I had originally the q10 which unfortunately can't save data after loss of power. So I switched to iPhone 6 which I didn't like because of vkb and lack of hub. Keyone will be down the pipeline but from everything I read the hub isn't as useful as it was bb10 (maybe it will improve in time). Yes for some apps ie Yelp I had to work at it to get it to work with bb10 (via apk ). I won't lie I do miss the bigger screen when watch youtube etc but I found it too distracting. The BB10 software Calendar, Remember, Hub are good right out of the box. Along with the status light (with BeBuzz) allows me to see who is sending me a text message. Again the Hub is awesome with the pinch to filter out read emails is awesome. Another reason I am getting the classic is that it use the same type of sim card as my old iPhone 6 so I can easily switch phones if I am need of entertainment. The other thing is that the bb10 is stable as the iPhone platform. So no need to restart reboot etc when it becomes laggy. Added at the current price point you can easily buy new and sell once you get bored. So in summary if youre serious about getting things done when using calendar, tracking task, texting then this is the phone for you. If one other hand youre into watching (not just listening) youtube, snap chatting, photographer then get another phone.

I had also debated the merits of passport which was roughly the same price but better spec but since I am using mostly stock apps and audio not visual type of guy the classics is my choice.

Some sad news amazon is no longer listing the KeyOne Verizon. Third party sellers hiking the price. Also android pay doesn't seem to work on Verizon version. So maybe I will skip this version until KeyTwo comes.
    07-04-17 03:24 PM
    I'm thinking of getting one for my mom to replace her flip phone but she will only use it as a dumb phone. She has started to text and needs something easier to type with.
    Perfect phone for mom!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-09-17 03:28 PM
73 123