i like the design and OS of BB classic...seems more professional in all aspects.
    i have planned to buy a Classic very soon....when i had a case study regarding different smartphones in Blackberry pool, i like the design and premium appearance of BB Keyone...but only because it comes with an Android OS, I left that case ....
    So friends, i need your valuable comments -
    New Member here...#first post ...thank you
    06-03-17 07:28 AM
    Do you use BlackBerry 10 OS now?
    06-03-17 07:43 AM
    Waste of money. I have one as well and only use it because it's my employers phone. Slugish android app performance, small screen. Save up for a KEYone.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-03-17 07:49 AM
    Uzi is right in asking. Only current users of BB10 who are familiar with the pros and cons of the OS should consider buying one. If you are, then like anything else - if the price is right and you want it then go for it.
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-03-17 07:58 AM
    What are you looking for in a smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-03-17 08:39 AM
    If you want a simple phone that won't entice you to download piles of apps; if you need a phone strictly for communication via calls, texts, emails; if you don't intend on being a phone zombie walking around with your head craned down to the screen... then yes, the Classic suits you!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 11:09 AM
    It's not 'strictly for communication anymore than any other BB10 OS phone, anyway I only use BB10 (and BB7), and I text, email, browse, stream audio and video, download audio and video, type documents, take pictures, do online shopping, I see no limits. Z30 has more impressive speaker, that's about it.
    Amine Berry and rayporsche like this.
    06-03-17 06:41 PM
    Why don't you just get a Classic and see if it suits you? The price will be much less than the KEYone. Worst case is you resell ...and given the age of the Classic price will not change much.

Still a fan of classic myself
    Last edited by hplovecraft; 06-04-17 at 04:33 AM.
    06-03-17 07:26 PM
    Waste of money. I have one as well and only use it because it's my employers phone. Slugish android app performance, small screen. Save up for a KEYone.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    It think you missed the OP's comment about not wanting an Android phone...

Posted via CB10
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-03-17 10:18 PM
    Uzi is right in asking. Only current users of BB10 who are familiar with the pros and cons of the OS should consider buying one. If you are, then like anything else - if the price is right and you want it then go for it.
    I have to disagree. I'm sure you're trying to save the OP trouble that can comes from being a newbie to BB10 but we're not an exclusive club. The more the merrier. If it doesn't work out the OP can simply switch phones.

Exploring a new OS like BB10 is a lot of fun. I say just get the Classic. Their cheap now. Nothing to loose.

Posted via CB10
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-03-17 10:24 PM
    thanks bro-
    06-03-17 11:33 PM
    Classic is a fantastic device for calls, sms, and email. In 2017 and probably will remain so in 2018, until the carriers roll out new bands of spectrum and the radios become obsolete. For anything outside of calls, sms, and email, it is terrible.

At the current prices, it is completely worth it in my opinion if that will meet your needs.

 C L A S S I C
    aklrj007 and Johberry like this.
    06-04-17 01:21 AM
    I had it for 2 years and loved it. Great keyboard and form factor. Still , what makes it great still can't be guaranteed to keep working, and I'm not just talking about apps or the internet. There will most likely be nor further updates from BB (10.3.3 is already pretty much doomed). Plus it's not that cheap new or used...
    As much as I enjoyed using BB10 on my many devices, I can in all honesty no longer recommend it today.
    06-04-17 05:11 AM
    I had it for 2 years and loved it. Great keyboard and form factor. Still , what makes it great still can't be guaranteed to keep working, and I'm not just talking about apps or the internet. There will most likely be nor further updates from BB (10.3.3 is already pretty much doomed). Plus it's not that cheap new or used...
    As much as I enjoyed using BB10 on my many devices, I can in all honesty no longer recommend it today.
    I agree overall with what you have said and we are all entitled to our opinions. I would just mention a couple things:

It is VERY unlikely that BlackBerry will turn off the BB10 servers any time soon. So your BB10 phone will not simply stop working. BBOS (Bold 9900) is still working for God's sake! For the most part then, you can be guaranteed BB10 usage for the foreseeable future. That being said, will the experience get worse over time as iBB10 gets less and less support and bug fixes. Yes. Will using BB10 phone get more and more frustrating for all but the ones with Zen-like patience? Yes.

As far as not being that cheap, I'd say $149 for a new Classic is pretty cheap (Amazon). I'm sure you could find a gently used on for 100. So price of ownership is not really a concern.

For the past 2 years I've been telling anyone who would listen that BB10 ownership is now about EXPECTATIONS.

If you know what your getting into and have realistic expectations about usefulness and needing to "patch" your phone occasionally, then it's for you. If you haven't a clue what BB10 is about nor it's current state and lack of development and if you can't live without Google or many popular apps, then stay away. Heartache awaits.

Lastly, I think there's value in just trying out BB10 as an experiment or hobby. Sure it's not your daily driver. Even better. You can tinker around without worry. Go for it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 06-04-17 at 07:08 AM.
    06-04-17 06:13 AM
    I'm thinking of getting one for my mom to replace her flip phone but she will only use it as a dumb phone. She has started to text and needs something easier to type with.
    06-04-17 06:40 AM
    For the past 2 years I've been telling anyone who would listen that BB10 ownership is now about EXPECTATIONS.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If you view it as a feature phone or glorified dumb phone, you will have an amazing experience with the classic. If you expect it to be a full smartphone, you will be thoroughly disappointed. For $100-150, it is basically selling at feature phone prices.

 C L A S S I C
    06-04-17 11:05 AM
    Exactly. If you view it as a feature phone or glorified dumb phone, you will have an amazing experience with the classic. If you expect it to be a full smartphone, you will be thoroughly disappointed. For $100-150, it is basically selling at feature phone prices.

 C L A S S I C
    Well, I'd give the Classic a bit more credit than just being a feature phone, but I get your point.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    06-04-17 11:16 AM
    It's pretty much the same as any BB10 device. If you care about performance get a Passport, large touch-screen Z30, otherwise they're all the same except for small differences.

It still does a lot but you have to go into it with the right mindset. It's not like iOS/Android where you just open the app store and download everything with no effort. You have to be ready to find workarounds and alternatives for what you want to do. That said you easily could get a couple years or more out of a BB10 device if you are okay with that.
    06-04-17 03:52 PM
    i like the design and OS of BB classic...seems more professional in all aspects.
    i have planned to buy a Classic very soon....when i had a case study regarding different smartphones in Blackberry pool, i like the design and premium appearance of BB Keyone...but only because it comes with an Android OS, I left that case ....
    So friends, i need your valuable comments -
    New Member here...#first post ...thank you
    Yea it's great. Even though I haven't used mine in over a month. I'll get back to it eventually, it really is a classic!

Only thing you'll need to note is you might need to dual carry phones of you have certain app requirements.

Like whatsapp for example, might not be working anymore after end of June.
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-04-17 05:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 10:32 AM
    Getting a BlackBerry in 2017 is still a good choice, but it depends on your needs. I've owned a Classic before, and now a Passport. One thing I will say is, typing on a physical keyboard does get taxing at the end of the day. It requires a lot more effort, and on both aforementioned devices, my thumbs hurt after using the phone throughout the day. Tbh, that's why I can't use these phones as daily drivers.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 06:23 PM
    It's still a practical phone, some android apps run a bit slow but most aren't unusable, and there's a decent chance there's a native BB10 version made by a 3rd party.

Also BB10 itself is an amazing phone OS. Once you learn the ropes it's a very simple and natural interface

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and aklrj007 like this.
    06-09-17 01:48 PM
    Classic is a phone for grown-ups! I use one as my daily driver and Passport for wi-fi when home. Hardly ever turn on my computer anymore.
    David.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 10:58 PM
    I love my Classic, been using it for probably over two years now. Bell is tempting me with a free upgrade to the KEYone but it's hard to justify doing so when the Classic meets all my needs.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and aklrj007 like this.
    06-10-17 07:49 AM
    I'm on vacation right now with my S7E and I honestly can say I'm going to switch my sim card back into my Classic/Passport as soon as I get home.

My take is I love the form factor of the two phones and performance of BB OS. I only need 5 apps essentially from Android (Maps, Keep, MoneyWiz 2, WhatsApp, and MX Player Pro). Other than that whatever apps are available through the App World works for me. I just hope the banking apps don't cut support soon.
    aklrj007 likes this.
    06-10-17 10:00 AM
73 123