Not really sure if it will be a good thing. Swiping up to close apps could be troublesome with the trackpad there... /sigh

Posted via CB10
    decoy713 likes this.
    12-12-14 06:56 PM
    That's why you use the back key to close apps

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    12-12-14 07:14 PM
    The point is simple to navigate through the phone and not rely on stupid gestures
    12-12-14 07:16 PM
    Not really sure if it will be a good thing. Swiping up to close apps could be troublesome with the trackpad there... /sigh

Posted via CB10
    Don't get it then.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-12-14 07:27 PM
    The point is simple to navigate through the phone and not rely on stupid gestures
    While I welcome the trackpad and toolbelt back, it's stupid to call "gestures" stupid. Anyone who doubts the use of a trackpad is more than justified doing so. Your entire screen is a trackpad. A big one. "Gestures" revolutionized the way we use phones. Would you rather use the keyboard and trackpad to zoom?

More options is good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If the choice was between a trackpad and a touch screen, nobody would pick trackpad and the trackpad wouldn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and Q10Bold like this.
    12-12-14 08:09 PM
    Well some gestures like pinch to zoom are indeed nice while others are just pure nuts (swiping to go back to a home screen instead of pressing a button).

I strongly believe a real trackpad could make some of the best Android phones even better. When it comes to Blackberry I would easily give up the touchscreen for a full featured PP like 4 row keyboard because I love the tactile feedback and the precision it offers, same with the S-pen on the Note 4 this thing is just amazing.

So to answer the question:
    The point is: tactile feedback + precision
    jas1978 likes this.
    12-12-14 08:22 PM
    Why are we even entertaining this guy's question? It's simple, if he doesn't see the point of it, he shouldn't buy it. THE END. They might as well close this now and sticky it so nobody else asks the same pointless question...

12-12-14 08:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would be easy to just not swipe on the track pad. Instead, just swipe a bit to the right of the track pad. People adapt. I got the Passport and at first it was a bit awkward but then my fingers adapted to the larger keyboard and pop-up virtual keys.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    12-12-14 08:54 PM
    Well some gestures like pinch to zoom are indeed nice while others are just pure nuts (swiping to go back to a home screen instead of pressing a button).

I strongly believe a real trackpad could make some of the best Android phones even better. When it comes to Blackberry I would easily give up the touchscreen for a full featured PP like 4 row keyboard because I love the tactile feedback and the precision it offers, same with the S-pen on the Note 4 this thing is just amazing.

So to answer the question:
    The point is: tactile feedback + precision
    I just don't get why swiping up is nuts. I was first introduced to this with my webos devices. In that case you had a slide out keyboard and the bezel below the screen doubled as a trackpad for text. No its not better than a physical button, but if your aim was to eliminate physical buttons (like on touchscreen phones) it is a better option.

Again I welcome the return, but I understand whose who think it seems redundant.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:39 PM
    Sits a classic for a reason, it's like throwback, but with updated software.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:13 AM
    That's why you use the back key to close apps

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Obvious eh? Also I have naturally oily fingers so I'm guessing one or two others do as well. The track pad let's u click links instead of annoyi.ng fingerprint taps.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:22 AM
    It's for trackpading on the screen

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:25 AM
    It is there solely to **** off people who think it shouldn't be there.
    12-13-14 03:47 AM
    On a relatively small screen trackpad comes as great addition. I was wondering same question about trackpad on 9900 but when I bought it, I started using it intuitively right from the first boot. You'll be surprised how handy it is. Same goes for a back button.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    12-13-14 03:47 AM
    The trackpad is the only thing that makes me think of getting a Classic. Editing documents/emails/messages with a trackpad should be easy. This is quite challenging in my Q10 where I need to drag that 'round cursor' to the exact spot where editing is required.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-13-14 04:47 AM
    Why are we even entertaining this guy's question? It's simple, if he doesn't see the point of it, he shouldn't buy it. THE END. They might as well close this now and sticky it so nobody else asks the same pointless question...

I'm not trying to flame the classic. I want to buy it but now it's on back order.

Generally this is my only concern about the phone. I really like how the Q10 is just a pkb and a touch screen.

I was merely trying to open up a positive discussion on the functionality of a track pad. Constructive dialogue isn't a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:09 AM
    The trackpad is the only thing that makes me think of getting a Classic. Editing documents/emails/messages with a trackpad should be easy. This is quite challenging in my Q10 where I need to drag that 'round cursor' to the exact spot where editing is required.

Posted via BB Q10
    Good point; I really dislike the round cursor. Sometimes it's on point, sometimes it's really annoying. Maybe it's my fault? But yea..

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:10 AM
    My co-ordination isn't the world's best, but I'm pretty sure I'll manage. Can't wait to have the trackpad back.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:58 AM
    It's for scrolling the search results in crackberry forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:11 AM
    I'm not trying to flame the classic. I want to buy it but now it's on back order.

Generally this is my only concern about the phone. I really like how the Q10 is just a pkb and a touch screen.

I was merely trying to open up a positive discussion on the functionality of a track pad. Constructive dialogue isn't a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    Haha you picked the wrong place for positive discussions. Nothing but salty people in this forum . At least there doesn't seem to be any BBOS or bust people here.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ah, ok, it just seems like every other day there is a new thread with someone just posting about how there's no point to the Classic or how they don't see why it will exist, etc. etc. I always feel the answer is exactly the same for everyone, nobody is forcing them to buy one, so if they don't want it, don't get it. Thought yours was in the same vein. Sorry. :-)
    12-13-14 08:28 AM
    It's all love. I should have probably searched but I am not a perfect human. Lol. :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:06 AM
    OP, to not light up.
    12-13-14 09:41 AM
    While I welcome the trackpad and toolbelt back, it's stupid to call "gestures" stupid. Anyone who doubts the use of a trackpad is more than justified doing so. Your entire screen is a trackpad. A big one. "Gestures" revolutionized the way we use phones. Would you rather use the keyboard and trackpad to zoom?

More options is good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If the choice was between a trackpad and a touch screen, nobody would pick trackpad and the trackpad wouldn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    I agree completely. However, having both is even better since they both have a place.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    12-13-14 10:30 AM