Don't want to buy it. I love my Z30

From my Z30
    12-06-14 07:23 AM
    - Toolbelt (scrolling and editing much better)

- Answer call button (I realised that I miss it here in winter times, when I wear gloves)

- Better looking (silver bezel and more visible BlackBerry logo)

- Bigger screen (and thinner frames)

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:46 AM
    Question is will blackberry be held hostage to this tool belt so long as they keep making new models of the classic? People need to move on eventually... at some point it stops making sense.
    You shouldn't think of it as being held hostage and needing to move on. That's like car manufacturers abandoning 4 door design or other essential options simply because they have been around too long. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Toolbelt is a complement to the user experience for me. It doesn't need to be on all devices, but if BlackBerry maintains a model with one then I think it's a step ahead.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-06-14 07:48 AM
    Don't get me wrong please, but it's not getting to the point, where people are willing to sacrifice that for more screen real estate.

That threshold has been reached somewhere between 2008 and 2010 already.
    We are somewhere between 5 and 7 years after that point already.
    It is a personal preference, but I do disagree, are we so wrapped up in technological innovation that conveniences must be sacrificed for bigger screens?

I loved the ability to point at text with the trackpad, hit alt, drag throught the selection, hit menu "copy", all from the tool belt. Much more efficient than fighting with on screen prompts! Selecting links, entering a cursor in a blank field... It was all easier with the tool belt. I do love my Q, but these are the things I have missed. I am currently struggling between the Passport and the Classic but that tool belt is calling my name.
    terminatorx likes this.
    12-06-14 11:44 AM
    It is a personal preference, but I do disagree, are we so wrapped up in technological innovation that conveniences must be sacrificed for bigger screens?

I loved the ability to point at text with the trackpad, hit alt, drag throught the selection, hit menu "copy", all from the tool belt. Much more efficient than fighting with on screen prompts! Selecting links, entering a cursor in a blank field... It was all easier with the tool belt. I do love my Q, but these are the things I have missed. I am currently struggling between the Passport and the Classic but that tool belt is calling my name.
    Some consider screen real estate a convenience too.

And:
    Attached Thumbnails What's the no.1 reason to buy the classic?-img_20141206_115029.png  
    12-06-14 11:52 AM
    Some consider screen real estate a convenience too.

And:
    I am well aware of that capability, but the accuracy of performing that task on a touch screen will never be as accurate as with a trackpad and a keyboard. There simply is no arguing that fact.

And you are correct in saying some would consider a larger screen a convenience. That is precisely why I began my post with "It's a personal preference".
    12-06-14 12:01 PM
    I am well aware of that capability, but the accuracy of performing that task on a touch screen will never be as accurate as with a trackpad and a keyboard. There simply is no arguing that fact.

And you are correct in saying some would consider a larger screen a convenience. That is precisely why I began my post with "It's a personal preference".
    And the accuracy is opinion as well. One I held myself, till I fell in love with the Z.
    12-06-14 12:08 PM
    And the accuracy is opinion as well. One I held myself, till I fell in love with the Z.
    Ahhh, I doubt it. If we set up a controlled test I am certain the results would speak for themselves. But I am very glad that you love your Z. At the end of the day, we are all on the same team!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-06-14 12:17 PM
    Question is will blackberry be held hostage to this tool belt so long as they keep making new models of the classic? People need to move on eventually... at some point it stops making sense.

CB10 on my Passport
    Why move on? The point that they dropped it for the Q10 was with the same wrong thinking you have, for goodness sake those that subscribe to touch and virtual being better won't be using the physical keyboard versions anyhow! The point is in reality having a physical button is better than virtual... standard mice still are not replaced etc. etc.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-06-14 12:49 PM

Oh, not disagreeing with you, it surely is a personal preference.
    It's not hard to guess though, what basically everyone prefers, when keyboard phones will have a marketshare of 0.5% this year, at max.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-06-14 01:55 PM
    Toolbelt, retro look, screen size just right (bigger than Q10), Passport too wide, to name a few.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    12-06-14 02:10 PM
    The only reason(s) to buy anything are:

1 I (you) WANT it.

2 I (you) NEED it.

Thus ends consumer education 101
    bullnuke7532 and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-06-14 08:15 PM
    I'm actually leaning on trying it out.

I have been an all touch user with regard to smartphones though I've always been curious on how it would be like to use a pkb device. Would have loved to get a passport but the awkward shape and non one handed use didn't do it for me.

So yeah I'm really waiting for the classic. Getting tired of my Z10's really really crappy battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 12:04 AM
    #1 Reason: As a Verizon customer I can't have a Passport.
    Yep. Nothing else happening on VZW if one is a blackberry fan.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-07-14 12:08 AM
    Oh, not disagreeing with you, it surely is a personal preference.
    It's not hard to guess though, what basically everyone prefers, when keyboard phones will have a marketshare of 0.5% this year, at max.
    0.5%....? You do realize that the Passport has a keyboard right? Wow, you "Z" users coming in this forum and bashing keyboards and tool belts have almost reached the threshold of iPhone fanboys. Hey as long as we all using a Blackberry who cares what features they like?
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    12-07-14 07:06 AM
    0.5%....? You do realize that the Passport has a keyboard right? Wow, you "Z" users coming in this forum and bashing keyboards and tool belts have almost reached the threshold of iPhone fanboys. Hey as long as we all using a Blackberry who cares what features they like?
    Bashing keyboards? Huh? Plz quote me and show me where I did that. Depicting the reality correctly is not bashing. It's not my fault that basically no one prefers keyboard phones nowadays.
    Which also isn't a qualitative statement, but a quantitative one. So don't be confused and and tell me that I am bashing something, if that definitely wasn't the case.

Do the math yourself if you don't believe me.
    Keyboard phones sold this year divided through total smartphones this year multiplied by 100.

You also do realize that the Passport is not breaking any sales record, right?

Anyhow:
    This year something between 1.3 and 1.4 billion smartphones should be sold.
    BlackBerry should be able to sell around 8 million smartphones until the end of this year.

This brings us to 0.61% marketshare for ALL of BlackBerry's phones.
    To even reach the 0.5%, around 6.5 Million of the 8 million BlackBerry phones sold this year would have to be keyboard phones, which is already a dubios proposition as the gap between keyboard phones and touchscreen phones is neither that big, nor does it stand to reason that BlackBerry keyboard phones outsell touchscreen ones.

So, depending on how you think that the split between keyboard and touchscreen phones will be, keyboard phones will have between 0.2 to 0.5% of marketshare this year.
    Since nobody apart from BlackBerry (except for some asian manufacturers I will completely ignore because the sale volumes are so low that it wouldn't change anything anyhow) makes keyboard phones, the BlackBerry phones are the only ones in that category.

PS: If all that is important to you, is that people use BlackBerry phones, no matter what hardware design, you probably shouldn't bash "those Z users".
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-07-14 12:25 PM
    ....Wow, you "Z" users coming in this forum and bashing keyboards and tool belts have almost reached the threshold of iPhone fanboys. Hey as long as we all using a Blackberry who cares what features they like?
    I didn't sense any bashing in the post you have responded to, but either way, the BlackBerry Z users have the same right voicing their preference for touch phones as the PKB and tool belt fans do. I own/like both, and think both sides have valid points!
    12-07-14 01:00 PM
    Another reason, albeit a small one, the Q10 is not available anymore from out carriers, Canada at least. That leaves the Passport or classic.

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    12-07-14 02:00 PM
    What's the no.1 reason to buy the classic?-image.jpg

Still at 1% actually.
    12-07-14 02:05 PM
    Gents, I am not arguing keyboard vs. touch phones, as you have said each has its qualities, but you are on a sub forum discussing the reasons people will purchase a Classic.

So let's get back to that.
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    12-07-14 02:08 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	319258

Still at 1% actually.
    The article was from the mid of this year, it says, "hovers around 1%" and the methodology is not disclosed. I am talking about the probable outcome at the 31st of December 2014 and the numbers I gave you can be found easily.

With the methodology I use, 0.5% is the best outcome for keyboard phones.
    It could be however, that I am underestimating the share of cheap chinese Androids with keyboards.

I doubt that however as I think that the chart being from the mid of this year, should have a far bigger impact.
    Calculate it yourself if you doubt that I am correct

Gents, I am not arguing keyboard vs. touch phones, as you have said each has its qualities, but you are on a sub forum discussing the reasons people will purchase a Classic.

So let's get back to that.
    Keyboard and Toolbelt. And only if those outweigh screen real estate.
    I don't see any other reasons to be honest.
    12-07-14 03:42 PM

CB10 on my Passport
    I hope so. The toolbelt kicks ****.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:45 PM
    Reasns are different for everyone. I want the end key and phone key to avoid all the swiping to place and end calls. I also want the easier copy/cut/paste. I also want the slightly bigger screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-07-14 03:56 PM
    Um, why do we care what other people use? I couldn't give a flying **** if I'm the only person in the world using something, if it's right for me it's right for me, screw everyone else. Sorry to sound crude, but I'm serious, I couldn't care less what is popular or used by others...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 12-07-14 at 07:11 PM.
    12-07-14 05:31 PM
    Um, why do we care what other people use? I couldn't give a flying **** if I'm the only person in the world using something, if it's right for me it's right for me, screw everyone else. Sorry to sound crude, but I'm seriously, I couldn't care less what is popular or used by others...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Precisely, so those that are not interested please move on to other, less antiquated topics.
    12-07-14 06:47 PM
153 ... 34567