I mean the touch scroll keyboard from the Passport

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 08:03 PM
    I say move on because the touch scroll keyboard removes the need for the scroll. The menu button is always in the bottom right of the screen. That leaves the back and send end keys. I think BlackBerry can ditch the back key and just have an option to customise the keys at the bottom of the OS10 screen to be send end instead of the hub and camera and options at the moment. You should always be able to access the hubb by swooping from left to right and the camera can be launched with an added side button. I just see no point to the tool belt once you have made these simple changes.

CB10 on my Passport
    I am not sure about it. It may be that I am coming from the Bold 9900 and iPhone experience but toolbelt is much more efficient, in my mind, than any new gesture approaches. The important test for me is (although illegal where I live) typing and sending messages when driving a car.
    11-19-14 08:26 PM
    After Passport....no reason at all...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-19-14 09:34 PM
    I say move on because the touch scroll keyboard removes the need for the scroll. The menu button is always in the bottom right of the screen. That leaves the back and send end keys. I think BlackBerry can ditch the back key and just have an option to customise the keys at the bottom of the OS10 screen to be send end instead of the hub and camera and options at the moment. You should always be able to access the hubb by swooping from left to right and the camera can be launched with an added side button. I just see no point to the tool belt once you have made these simple changes.

CB10 on my Passport
    I'm glad trackpad-less works well for you.

As you can see, there are a whole lot of people who need a toolbelt and won't go without it.

Not because they are a less sophisticated or a less tech savy bunch, but because they absolutely need the editing efficiency that currently ONLY a trackpad can provide.

Indeed, candidly they might very well question the professionality of users, who are stuck editing text on their toyish touchscreen devices.

Trackpad is an essential tool for efficient professionals and hence it is here to stay for a long time. Like it or not, it is a fact.

So let's move along and accept that!
    11-19-14 10:17 PM
    I'm glad trackpad-less works well for you.

As you can see, there are a whole lot of people who need a toolbelt and won't go without it.

Not because they are a less sophisticated or a less tech savy bunch, but because they absolutely need the editing efficiency that currently ONLY a trackpad can provide.

Indeed, candidly they might very well question the professionality of users, who are stuck editing text on their toyish touchscreen devices.

Trackpad is an essential tool for efficient professionals and hence it is here to stay for a long time. Like it or not, it is a fact.

So let's move along and accept that!
    Awesome! Not only do I post unprofessionally, now I am unprofessional.

I sincerely doubt all professionals are clinging to trackpad phones, and manage just fine without. It's your requirement, don't project it on the world at large.
    11-19-14 10:57 PM
    Awesome! Not only do I post unprofessionally, now I am unprofessional.

I sincerely doubt all professionals are clinging to trackpad phones, and manage just fine without. It's your requirement, don't project it on the world at large.
    PRO, you DO realize that you are in a Blackberry Classic thread. Right?
    11-20-14 12:25 AM
    PRO, you DO realize that you are in a Blackberry Classic thread. Right?
    Huh! You're kidding, right?
    11-20-14 06:53 AM
    Huh! You're kidding, right?
    No, apperently not.

So it appears like you are interested in Classic mainly for other reasons other than the toolbelt.

Such as?

...wait, wait, don't tell me!
    I'm out, I have no time for you.
    11-20-14 08:02 AM
    No, apperently not.

So it appears like you are interested in Classic mainly for other reasons other than the toolbelt.

Such as?

...wait, wait, don't tell me!
    I'm out, I have no time for you.
    You folks who want the Classic don't annoy me. Over the top generalizations do deserve responded to however. Guess you don't get the difference.
    11-20-14 08:36 AM
    Sim and sd trays. I hate the Passport plastic door.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    11-20-14 01:16 PM
    Trackpad.

As Q10 user this sorely missed feature will essentially cost $450 - Q10 resale value.

Sad, but the ability to accurately select text and links is essential for me.
    11-20-14 05:45 PM
    Sales will determine if the Classic with toolbelt sticks around, as it seems Chen has no problem cutting devices that don't sale at a profit. I will never understand why people care so much about a device that don't interest them, but assume that blackberry will be better off not making the classic. Look Chen and Blackberry did not decide to create the Classic out of thin air. Chen went to companies that had BES licenses and that are still using BBOS devices to get feedback from them on what they wanted in a device, the Classic is the result of this. The Classic is coming and that is a fact. Do you know what is not being release, as it stands right now, a successor to the Q10. That speaks more volume than anything else I can say.
    WES51 likes this.
    11-20-14 06:27 PM
    If you ever owned a Bold 9900 you know the reason. One of the best BlackBerry device! Period.

And the Classic will be a Bold 9900 on steroids!

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-20-14 06:39 PM
    You folks who want the Classic don't annoy me. Over the top generalizations do deserve responded to however. Guess you don't get the difference.
    WHAT IS WITH YOU TYPING IN ALL BOLD? Just wondering...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-20-14 08:23 PM
    I must agree with everyone else, the tool belt, track pad and larger screen.
    12-05-14 10:02 PM
    Coming from a long line of android devices after owning several BB phones I just bought the z30. Had it for about 2 weeks now and really enjoying being back with BB so much so that i have been selling all my old android phones. So why the classic? I want a phone I can manage with one hand and put comfortably in my pocket. Love the size of the Z30 compared to say the galaxy note. I have large hands (no comments) but still it bugs me to have to maneuver the phone to reach the upper part of the Z30 screen. I like the track pad function. I also like the simplicity of the tool belt. For what I want to do (browse a few websites, have all my accounts easily configured in the hub, texting, using essential apps like banking) this phone looks to be the one. I want clean, easy, and a classic look so BB gets my money on this one. Looking forward to using it for real as i just pre-ordered yesterday.
    12-05-14 11:08 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Tool belt!!! Bold 9900 like!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:13 PM
    It's bigger than the Q10 but easier handled by a hand than the PP. I can see PP users getting the Classic as a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:17 AM
    I miss the toolbelt from 9900, basically a Q10 with toolbelt and better battery

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-06-14 12:56 AM
    ....The important test for me is (although illegal where I live) typing and sending messages when driving a car.
    I suggest you change your testing method!!!!!!
    12-06-14 01:24 AM
    Considering that Q10 has been my favorite BB device so far, here are my reasons for getting a Classic (I have already pre-ordered one):

1. A new BlackBerry device (always interested in buying a new device).

2. Traditional 4-row physical keyboard.

3. Descent form factor/good looks.

4. Larger screen than Q10.

5. Side sim tray (I have always hated the need to pull the battery off just to change the sim).

6. Toolbelt, meh! Not a big thing on my list, as never had problems ending calls. Also, my cut/paste functionality concerns were somewhat addressed after I found out I can press the Shift key and scroll up/down with my finger on the screen to select text.

Classic seems to have all the items listed above, but any one of the Items 2-5 above would have been enough for me to buy one!
    12-06-14 01:39 AM
    It is a better devices, and in the BlackBerry world it still is pretty good. It's only when you open the door and see what the rest of the world is doing that the shine seems to dim on the Classic.

Consumer wise I doubt it will sell more than the Q10 did. Hopefully enterprise is ready to make the switch to BES12 and will be buying a few million of them this year.

BlackBerry really needs to put out an EOL date for support of BBOS devices on BES. 12 Months, 18 Months, 24 Months... just something that gives IT some ammunition to puts pressure on those above them to make a decision on BB10.
    I honestly fail to see the appeal for IT departments.
    The Classic is pretty much 100% more expensive than other equally specced phones.
    It's also a phone with less overall capabilities.
    In other words: I don't see the "huge" (for BlackBerry) sales at all.

The Classic is not a consumer device and it's not an enterprise phone...
    Who will buy the phone, apart from some 200k CrackBerry die-hard fans?
    I don't see the sales. There is no pent-up demand for such a device and sustainable long term sales in 2015-16, with a phone that has been outdated in 2013 already, is a pretty ballsy bet.

I agree however, that BBOS should finally get EOLd (should have happened in January this year already).
    mfurman and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-06-14 06:29 AM
    You can't beat the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:31 AM
    It makes sense as far as copy and paste go. When the Q10 was released, the copy and paste function was terrible. After several updates, it's a little less terrible. Still terrible. It's a nuisance. Dragging your finger over the space you want to copy is a hassle when you can't see where your finger is on the screen. Trackpad corrects this.

I don't under stand how much longer they can implement this feature though. It gets to the point where the consumer is willing to sacrifice the feature for a larger screen.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    Don't get me wrong please, but it's not getting to the point, where people are willing to sacrifice that for more screen real estate.

That threshold has been reached somewhere between 2008 and 2010 already.
    We are somewhere between 5 and 7 years after that point already.
    12-06-14 06:42 AM
    Complete a BlackBerry collection

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:14 AM
153 ... 23456 ...