Same reasons for me. But I hope you realize that it is same resolution is Q10 (720x720) despite the bigger screen. So, you'd not see any additional amount of content. If you could see 6 lines of content in Q10 screen, you'd see exact same 6 lines of content in Classic. Just slightly bigger.
    Then make the font smaller = more content?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:18 PM
    Typo. It's easier to click links in the browser and navigate* overall
    Aww, too bad. I was thinking at last we've found the feature to differentiate BlackBerry from the competition! Levitation!
    11-18-14 02:21 PM
    Doesn't this phone have a Paratek antenna, wireless charging, bigger battery, bigger screen, and a trackpad? The enhanced reception and trackpad alone makes this an upgrade over the Q10.

I do think that $449 is a bit too expensive for the specs - but it isn't that bad.
    11-18-14 02:24 PM
    Doesn't this phone have a Paratek antenna, wireless charging, bigger battery, bigger screen, and a trackpad? The enhanced reception and trackpad alone makes this an upgrade over the Q10.

I do think that $449 is a bit too expensive for the specs - but it isn't that bad.
    It is a better devices, and in the BlackBerry world it still is pretty good. It's only when you open the door and see what the rest of the world is doing that the shine seems to dim on the Classic.

Consumer wise I doubt it will sell more than the Q10 did. Hopefully enterprise is ready to make the switch to BES12 and will be buying a few million of them this year.

BlackBerry really needs to put out an EOL date for support of BBOS devices on BES. 12 Months, 18 Months, 24 Months... just something that gives IT some ammunition to puts pressure on those above them to make a decision on BB10.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-18-14 03:13 PM
    IMO, Toolbelt. As a Q10 user, I would really have to use one before making a decision on it. Hype only goes so far. Also, how much it sells depends on the push to get others to want it that are still waiting for another BB touchscreen or coming from a touchscreen on a different platform.
    11-18-14 03:35 PM
    Trackpad

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:53 PM
    The feel

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:23 PM
    because one handed use on the passport is almost impossible

Posted via CB10
    Acchaladka likes this.
    11-18-14 11:13 PM
    The belt! But for reasons I haven't seen anyone else mention.

I have large thumbs and typing on the Q10 and PP mean I activate touch screen actions when using the top row. With the PP, I found this really annoying as I was always inserting punctuation mid-word which the spell-check can't handle...

So for me, even though it's a lower spec than the PP and a side step from a Q10, the tool belt will hopefully provide safety space for my thumbs on the top row of the keyboard.
    11-19-14 04:40 AM
    You can't beat the classic!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:15 AM
    You're a dinosaur and all you do is text, reply to emails, and make a few phone calls.

Because you can't enter numbers on some websites (Q10), you don't use the phone to buy and sell securities. (Yes there are two fixes, fix one is to use the device as a hotspot and break out the iPad or the laptop.)

Question is will blackberry be held hostage to this tool belt so long as they keep making new models of the classic? People need to move on eventually... at some point it stops making sense.

CB10 on my Passport
    It stopped making sense a few years ago.
    11-19-14 05:42 AM
    Yeah. I can't ever imagine another phone without touch screen.
    I'm trying to remember the last BlackBerry phone that didn't have a touch screen either. Pretty sure most (if not all) of the BB7 devices from 2011 had a touch screen as well.
    11-19-14 06:11 AM
    The last BlackBerry without a touch screen that I remember was the 9780. I didn't get the 9790, so I'm not sure about that one.
    11-19-14 06:14 AM
    The last BlackBerry without a touch screen that I remember was the 9780. I didn't get the 9790, so I'm not sure about that one.
    9790 had a touch screen. With legacy devices, most people I know never used the touch screen though. Those devices were never designed to conveniently use with a touch screen.
    11-19-14 06:26 AM
    You're a dinosaur and all you do is text, reply to emails, and make a few phone calls.

Because you can't enter numbers on some websites (Q10), you don't use the phone to buy and sell securities. (Yes there are two fixes, fix one is to use the device as a hotspot and break out the iPad or the laptop.)

It stopped making sense a few years ago.
    It makes sense as far as copy and paste go. When the Q10 was released, the copy and paste function was terrible. After several updates, it's a little less terrible. Still terrible. It's a nuisance. Dragging your finger over the space you want to copy is a hassle when you can't see where your finger is on the screen. Trackpad corrects this.

I don't under stand how much longer they can implement this feature though. It gets to the point where the consumer is willing to sacrifice the feature for a larger screen.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-19-14 06:28 AM
    I'm trying to remember the last BlackBerry phone that didn't have a touch screen either. Pretty sure most (if not all) of the BB7 devices from 2011 had a touch screen as well.
    Just for info sake, 9310 I bought less than 11 months ago and currently use in USA on StraightTalk, has no touch screen.

Aside, I hope BB offers the ability to turn off the touch screen on the Classic.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    11-19-14 07:25 AM
    It beeps, it blinks its a BalackBerry. That's usually good enough for me to upgrade but I'm pretending it's because its got a trackpad
    11-19-14 07:59 AM
    The Q10 is a great device! My main reason for liking the Classic is that it has a larger keyboard than Q10 for my huge thumbs! No, really, it's true. I went with the Q5 when switching to BB10 because the keyboard had a little more room. Found the Q10 was a fantastic device but its keyboard was a little tight for my thumbs....."sigh".

Other pros for the Classic:
    - bigger screen
    - tool belt ("Oh yeah, Baby!")
    - good looking device (IMHO)

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 03:46 PM
    tool belt!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:11 PM
    For some, the toolbelt. But for me, the toolbelt is not enough to make me buy the Classic. Maybe when BB released a Q10 with toolbelt and removable battery. The phone does not have to be "thin".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-19-14 04:20 PM
    Just for info sake, 9310 I bought less than 11 months ago and currently use in USA on StraightTalk, has no touch screen.
    Thanks. I was trying to remember the last and I couldn't. That phone is about 2.5 years old at this stage.
    11-19-14 06:05 PM
    9790 had a touch screen. With legacy devices, most people I know never used the touch screen though. Those devices were never designed to conveniently use with a touch screen.
    Interesting. I used it all the time, but for very specific purposes ... launching an app, navigating the web sites, zooming etc.

But it was always very much in conjunction with the keyboard, trackpad and tool belt. I suspect I would use classic in the same way.

When I tried the Q10 around the time it came out, I had a hard time getting used to it, perhaps because that 9900 muscle memory of working was etched in my brain. Did *NOT* have the same issue with Z10, because in that case, it felt like I was jumping from PlayBook. For me personally, the form factor of the device played a big factor.
    11-19-14 06:08 PM
    Question is will blackberry be held hostage to this tool belt so long as they keep making new models of the classic? People need to move on eventually... at some point it stops making sense.

CB10 on my Passport
    Honest question.....
    Why do people need to "move on" as you say? What particularly doesn't "make sense" with keeping the tool belt?

Posted from my z10
    11-19-14 06:31 PM
    Consumer wise I doubt it will sell more than the Q10 did.
    Agree. Doesn't really have the same distribution that the Q10 did, so it's automatically going to be skewed in the Q10s favor. But as you say, hopefully it does a better job getting fleet upgrades.

BlackBerry really needs to put out an EOL date for support of BBOS devices on BES. 12 Months, 18 Months, 24 Months... just something that gives IT some ammunition to puts pressure on those above them to make a decision on BB10.
    Good point. They seem to be *GETTING THERE* in that almost all devices on their website are now BlackBerry 10 devices, but they haven't yet pulled a Microsoft "No support for XP anymore - move on" kind of stance.
    11-19-14 06:49 PM
    I say move on because the touch scroll keyboard removes the need for the scroll. The menu button is always in the bottom right of the screen. That leaves the back and send end keys. I think BlackBerry can ditch the back key and just have an option to customise the keys at the bottom of the OS10 screen to be send end instead of the hub and camera and options at the moment. You should always be able to access the hubb by swooping from left to right and the camera can be launched with an added side button. I just see no point to the tool belt once you have made these simple changes.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-19-14 08:01 PM
153 12345 ...