Because I've been waiting for it like FOREVER and it's lonnnng overdue....or more accurately it's the "Bold" I've always wanted
    11-17-14 07:41 PM
    That's a thing you can't tell until you have actually tried the device. Personally, I believe the keyboard will be pretty much the same as on the Q10, just a tad bigger. I know where you're coming from, though. I think the 9900 had one of the best keyboards ever. The Q10 has a great keyboard but the pressure point is slightly too hard for me.
    That's the thing. I had a Q10 for personal use and a 9900 for work. Everyday I got to experience how much better the 9900 is at typing. By far the best keyboard on a phone ever made.

If they could duplicate that on the Classic, I'd likely buy one. The tool belt would just be a bonus to me.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    11-17-14 07:56 PM
    My Passport comes with a Visa.
    What's the no.1 reason to buy the classic?-screen-20141117-215309.png

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    11-17-14 08:57 PM
    The tool belt makes the phone more productive. If you used the 9900 then you don't need to be convinced.

I believe the classic is a stop gap until a premium version is released next year.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:06 PM
    Keyboard. Battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:36 PM
    Pkb with toolbelt. Rofl

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:40 PM
    The tool belt makes the phone more productive. If you used the 9900 then you don't need to be convinced.

I believe the classic is a stop gap until a premium version is released next year.

Posted via CB10
    Premium version? What else could they do with the Classic to make it more premium? the device is already big, they cant make it bigger. All they can do is increase storage space, RAM and throw in a faster processor. It doesnt NEED better specs, but they'll probably add it anyway because consumers have an addiction to big numbers in the spec department. Anyone that gets the classic better cross their fingers they dont get the double typing issue again.
    11-17-14 10:05 PM
    Call buttons! Finally.
    11-17-14 10:15 PM
    Premium version? What else could they do with the Classic to make it more premium? the device is already big, they cant make it bigger. All they can do is increase storage space, RAM and throw in a faster processor. It doesnt NEED better specs, but they'll probably add it anyway because consumers have an addiction to big numbers in the spec department. Anyone that gets the classic better cross their fingers they dont get the double typing issue again.
    Apparently he thinks premium means bigger, and he answered his own question. Good job.

If the classic if just a q10 with a trackpad its going to be a disappoint quite a few people.

It doesn't need better specs? Keep telling yourself that and hope you're enjoying your curve 8310.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-17-14 10:44 PM
    Apparently he thinks premium means bigger, and he answered his own question. Good job.

If the classic if just a q10 with a trackpad its going to be a disappoint quite a few people.

It doesn't need better specs? Keep telling yourself that and hope you're enjoying your curve 8310.

Jeez, what got you all offended? I was just asking you a question. And I have a passport thanks. The classic looks great. You're being vague by using the word 'premium'. It can mean several different things.

No one was attacking you. Relax keyboard warrior.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    dmateo likes this.
    11-17-14 11:17 PM
    Toolbelt and I also preordered w/ Express shipping from shop Blackberry US website. Sure hope there's some sort of advantage to early preordering instead of buying from Amazon. Amazon has free shipping and no tax, looks like cost is already $60 higher from Blackberry, so delivery time 1 month earlier than anyone else perhaps?
    11-18-14 12:37 AM
    Love the Wesley Willis ref in the tag line!
    11-18-14 06:05 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Finally a worthy successor to the iconic Bold 9900!!!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:39 AM
    Toolbelt. I need a toolbelt. And the physical keyboard, of course.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:55 AM

It does need specs specifically, it just needs to run smoothly which the Q10 does at the moment. Surely they'll need to increase specs to future proof it a bit, but I agree with the poster you quoted, you don't NEED specs.

If you need convincing that specs aren't everything, the iPhone 6 has 1GB of RAM. Is anyone complaining about specs on an iPhone. No. That's because the phone runs smoothly and that's all that matters. Not just a higher number of RAM and more cores.
    11-18-14 08:26 AM
    Q10 excellent phone, awesome OS and if you are into productivity and editing and messaging and such things, the Q10 just does not cut it. Especially if you came from the Bold series with the toolbar. The Q10 in every way except editing destroys the Bold series so it was a giant leap forward for Bold users. The Q10 really is an awesome piece of gear.

If you went from the Bold or older to the Z10 which many did, then the Q10 and the Classic IMO would seem like a step backwards and would not appeal to a lot of BB users. If a Z10 or Z3 user moves up to a Passport that would be an upgrade and I'm sure that they would be happy. Passport, Z users I would think that the Classic would not be for you as you loose screen size and other media functions associated with the larger screen and of course the keyboard.

Who are the targeted users for the Classic! IMO they are the diehards that waited out the Z10 and held onto their BB Bolds because they wanted a qwerty keyboard like the Bold, hence the Q10 but miss the editing and functionality of the toolbar from the bold series.

What is the no.1 reason to buy the Classic: Q10 users that miss that nifty little track pad that allowed them to place the curser and select text fast and easy and very precise can have a phone that.... has an awesome OS, can edit precise, faster and accurately, a little bigger screen size and have the upgraded features that come with a newer phone.

Most Q10 users love their phones and I think they are a different breed, not better just different then the Passport or Z users! If it was all about the 'Bass,' I mean screen size then the Q10 and Classic would flop, but I don't think it has or will!
    11-18-14 08:37 AM
    it's unique for it's tool belt.. otherwise it's a Q10 with bigger battery and display
    11-18-14 08:52 AM
    Q10 excellent phone, awesome OS and if you are into productivity and editing and messaging and such things, the Q10 just does not cut it. Especially if you came from the Bold series with the toolbar. The Q10 in every way except editing destroys the Bold series so it was a giant leap forward for Bold users. The Q10 really is an awesome piece of gear.

If you went from the Bold or older to the Z10 which many did, then the Q10 and the Classic IMO would seem like a step backwards and would not appeal to a lot of BB users. If a Z10 or Z3 user moves up to a Passport that would be an upgrade and I'm sure that they would be happy. Passport, Z users I would think that the Classic would not be for you as you loose screen size and other media functions associated with the larger screen and of course the keyboard.

Who are the targeted users for the Classic! IMO they are the diehards that waited out the Z10 and held onto their BB Bolds because they wanted a qwerty keyboard like the Bold, hence the Q10 but miss the editing and functionality of the toolbar from the bold series.

What is the no.1 reason to buy the Classic: Q10 users that miss that nifty little track pad that allowed them to place the curser and select text fast and easy and very precise can have a phone that.... has an awesome OS, can edit precise, faster and accurately, a little bigger screen size and have the upgraded features that come with a newer phone.

Most Q10 users love their phones and I think they are a different breed, not better just different then the Passport or Z users! If it was all about the 'Bass,' I mean screen size then the Q10 and Classic would flop, but I don't think it has or will!
    I wouldn't call it downgrading if a Z10 user got a BlackBerry classic. They're different phones. They're completely opposite when it comes to choosing a smartphone. Either you want a full touch device or you don't. One is not an upgrade or downgrade from the other. The classic is for those users that haven't left the old bold series yet.

I mean, we all have different preferences. I love the old style bbs. I love my passport right now and I wouldn't give it up for anything but I can't say that I won't purchase the classic one day. I love the portability. Sometimes I wish the passport could be as portable but it's not. That's the tradeoff and I'm ok with it. I love the size of the screen. It's easier to click virtual links and navigate overall. I love the keyboard and I couldn't imagine using anything else at this very moment.

I agree that the passport is a great alternative for Z users, but again, I wouldn't call the classic a downgrade or upgrade from those devices. They're different animals as you've said.

Having said that, do you have a passport? Going to buy one? Waiting for the classic?

Last edited by Coraya; 11-18-14 at 12:39 PM.
    11-18-14 08:56 AM
    Toolbelt; specifically the physical end/call buttons for me.
    11-18-14 09:40 AM
    It's easier to click virtual links and levitate overall.
    I haven't found this feature. Is it in Accessibility Settings?
    11-18-14 09:46 AM
    Must have been a bad restore. I have levitation in my settings.
    11-18-14 10:22 AM
    Toolbelt, larger battery, larger LCD screen...
    11-18-14 12:18 PM
    Toolbelt and larger screen to start.
    Toolbelt, larger battery, larger LCD screen...
    Same reasons for me. But I hope you realize that it is same resolution is Q10 (720x720) despite the bigger screen. So, you'd not see any additional amount of content. If you could see 6 lines of content in Q10 screen, you'd see exact same 6 lines of content in Classic. Just slightly bigger.
    11-18-14 12:34 PM
    Typo. It's easier to click links in the browser and navigate* overall

11-18-14 12:38 PM
    Must have been a bad restore. I have levitation in my settings.
    Lmao it was a typo!

11-18-14 12:39 PM
153 1234 ...