I have a Z30, and my wife a Z10. She's frustrated though by the virtual keyboard. I bought the Z10 off contract at $149 (maybe even 99, can't remember) from Future Shop. She's only had it a year, but at that price I don't mind surprising her with Classic if I can find for a good deal.

Lately the Z30 has had quite a few sales for $199 or $249. How long until you think the Classic will reach this level? Maybe another 6 months or 12? I'm a Telus user. Their site is pushing the Passport, Classic, and Leap right now. So as long as it's in the main line up, I don't expect any sales.

Maybe Crackberry Black Friday sales? Lol Rather not wait that long...

Reason for off contract is for the freedom, and the monthly savings. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-09-15 10:12 PM
    Ebay or a similar site is the best place for low cost deals. Even right here on CB.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-09-15 10:27 PM
    Got mine on Amazon for 336.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-09-15 10:40 PM
    Amazon is cheapest now, but amazing deal would be $299 lowest. Anything below that is insane for this device, because I remember paying $500 for my 9900 (the best blackberry to date) when they had iphones for similar price. I never regretted buying any blackberry at any price, but for some reason I cannot justify paying $500 for Passport, but I can easily pay $300 for Classic, why?

Maybe sentimental value of reminding me of 9900?
    Very much possible, but I just see myself working so much faster with physical keyboard, and NOT because of typing, because of keyboard shortcuts. I could care less about typing on a physical keyboard, I am probably much faster on Z30 by now, and I will most likely miss the swipe gestures, especially backspace or double backswipe, but I think overall it will make me more productive.

I am also expecting a better hardware in terms of button feel especially rocker buttons compared to Z30.

Let's see, I waited this long and finally bit the bait, will it be "Damn it, I want my Z30 back" or "Why did I wait this long".. We'll see when it gets here.
    Only annoying part is having to get a new SIM from AT&T and not being able to swap phones easily because of something called Nano SIM!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-09-15 11:45 PM