Tell us all, where did you get your time machine, what it cost and how extensive the warranty is, please.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    06-06-16 11:48 AM
    Tell us all, where did you get your time machine, what it cost and how extensive the warranty is, please.

Warranty is probably 10 years, forward or backward, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-06-16 11:51 AM
    If it continues to function to my satisfaction then I do not care who says what about its life expectancy. If it works, then it's alive!

Then by that definition, WebOS, Symbian, CRT televisions, Windows 95, and pooping in the nearest river are still very much alive. I'm not sure that's a reasonable definition.

Glad you're happy though. I'm not knocking that.
    Last edited by conite; 06-06-16 at 12:15 PM.
    kbz1960 and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    06-06-16 11:57 AM
    Then by that definition, WebOS, Symbian, CRT televisions, Windows 95, and pooping in the nearest river are still very much alive. I'm not sure that's a reasonable definition.

LMAO
    06-06-16 12:35 PM

I think he means that it's still alive FOR HIM. Don't think you can argue against anything when it comes to personal perceptions/preferences.

06-06-16 01:46 PM
    I think he means that it's still alive FOR HIM. Don't think you can argue against anything when it comes to personal perceptions/preferences.

I completely understood that. That's why I acknowledged his personal preference.

I think we're all playing the definition game here. Just some are a bit more stretched than others.
    06-06-16 02:04 PM
    I am among the last holdouts whom I know.

I can't count how many times I have heard things like "What? People still use BlackBerry?!"

But I do because it has, long, been the best.

But now my Classic is getting old. Support for the extraordinary BB10 has waned. Whatsapp is abandoning us.

While it is true that BBM is a much better app, it has failed to gain enough users to make it a viable alternative. That means I will no longer participate in family groups, groups of colleagues or friends....

Doubt creeps in. No new announcement about new advanced BB10 keyboard phones. More doubt.

(chorus) But now my Classic is getting old. Support for the extraordinary BB10 has waned. Whatsapp is abandoning us.

Is it time to move on?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately BB10 no longer does what I need it to do, I am holding out and still using my Z30 but it gets harder everyday.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    06-06-16 02:38 PM
    But now my Classic is getting old

Is it time to move on?

Posted via CB10

Would you stop using a laptop after 2 - 3 years just because it's 'too old'?

With mobile phones costing about the same as a mid-level laptop, it's completely crazy to be swapping them out every 2 or 3 years just because you want something with more bells and whistles.

If you really want to use WhatsApp you can download and install the APK directly.
    lopez2013 likes this.
    06-06-16 02:58 PM
    They have a reply that you dont consider legitimate. Which does not make it "not legitimate".
    For example not enought apps is a perfect answer for that, expecially in that prize range. Security is important, but if you want use more than mails, sms and linkedin, you have to fight your own phone. In my case, ssh connection to servers with a port tunneling. I still havent figured it out.
    Actually, the reply I usually get is a blank stare while they try to think of an answer. It usually comes down to them repeating something they've heard from someone else: "Nobody uses those anymore". But I've never gotten a reason that has anything to do with the use of a phone; what it can or can't do for them.
    06-06-16 03:05 PM

With mobile phones costing about the same as a mid-level laptop, it's completely crazy to be swapping them out every 2 or 3 years just because you want something with more bells and whistles.

If you really want to use WhatsApp you can download and install the APK directly.
    I absolutely agree with you about the price/time. As far as WhatsApp, there's not a single App that will make or break a decision for me to get a certain phone.
    lopez2013 likes this.
    06-06-16 03:13 PM

WebOS and Symbian are still AMAZING platforms in my opinion... As a nerd, I have no shame admitting my unbridled love for both... CRT tvs and Windows 95 tho? Meh... Now pooping in a river just seems irresponsible all together... Leave WebOS and Symbian alone... They have been nothing but good to you...

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 04:15 PM
    06-06-16 05:12 PM
    Gentlemen, I heard in this video with Mr. Chen that there may be BB10 phones after a security update for BB OS 10 (after 2017 or something. I'm on a hurry I can't check the video, sorry). Please, Check it out. I've been actually following the discussion here and I was hoping that someone would talk about this interview.

I know Mr. Chen said "may" about considering releasing devices. But I'm more optimistic about it. The whole course of the interview sounded positive to me.

Check it out and tell me what you think. It's really important to me to listen to more experienced users here on the forum. Tell me what you think.
    06-08-16 02:53 PM
    Don't listen to all of the psychics in here. It's always been the case that right now they are focused on simply trying to stabilize the handset business, stop the losses and hopefully make a little profit. Who knows if that will work, but Android is the simplest way to achieve that at the moment. Once they have that figured out, then they could have some room to develop BB10 further. The way it is going now if they don't do something drastic we wouldn't even have phones past this year...

anon(8444762) likes this.
    06-08-16 03:08 PM

On a point of interest that's what most people I know do, they replace their laptops every two 2-3 years so that they can stay up to date with the modern systems.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    06-09-16 12:03 AM
    Don't listen to all of the psychics in here. It's always been the case that right now they are focused on simply trying to stabilize the handset business, stop the losses and hopefully make a little profit. Who knows if that will work, but Android is the simplest way to achieve that at the moment. Once they have that figured out, then they could have some room to develop BB10 further. The way it is going now if they don't do something drastic we wouldn't even have phones past this year...

I quite doubt that they will ever return to bb10 but with cutting the loss you might be right. I wish I would believe in resuscitation of bb10, but I do not think so.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:03 AM
    On a point of interest that's what most people I know do, they replace their laptops every two 2-3 years so that they can stay up to date with the modern systems.
    That's crazy ... no wonder the world is so polluted!
    06-09-16 05:46 AM
    I don't think BB10 is going to go away completely. It's the only phone that BlackBerry can market to say that they are 100% secure. No matter how bad they want to, I don't think they can secure Android to the extent that they did BB10.

We may not see a flagship, super powered BlackBerry, but we may see something along the lines of a Leap for full touch and a Q5/Classic for the keyboard. Specs that do the job but won't wow anyone.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    06-09-16 06:52 AM
    I don't think BB10 is going to go away completely. It's the only phone that BlackBerry can market to say that they are 100% secure. No matter how bad they want to, I don't think they can secure Android to the extent that they did BB10.

We may not see a flagship, super powered BlackBerry, but we may see something along the lines of a Leap for full touch and a Q5/Classic for the keyboard. Specs that do the job but won't wow anyone.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    I agree, I see them using Android phones to try to make a profit, and BB10 phones for the enterprise customers they still have who do not want to compromise their security for nifty features. There are not a lot of them, but they exist and I think BB can't afford to alienate any of their customers.

06-09-16 09:05 AM
    The Classic does the important things the best. Emai, Calls, Contacts, outlook sync and can do some browsing. If you are a woman always on facebook and whatsapp and other time wasters maybe an iphone is for you. I personally think watching movies, gaming and other things should be done on a laptop or pc. I have my laptop on the car if I need to do real work I can grab that. I will probably use the classic for a another year or two at least as long as I can buy one and may even buy a backup if they discontinue it. Having a super strong processor is not always the best as a battery drain and can get hot. The classic is durable so you dont need a case and very right sized. Also Blend is super importand for me for the texting on your pc
    06-27-16 09:35 PM

I can't count how many times I have heard things like "What? People still use BlackBerry?!"

But I do because it has, long, been the best.

But now my Classic is getting old. Support for the extraordinary BB10 has waned. Whatsapp is abandoning us.

While it is true that BBM is a much better app, it has failed to gain enough users to make it a viable alternative. That means I will no longer participate in family groups, groups of colleagues or friends....

Doubt creeps in. No new announcement about new advanced BB10 keyboard phones. More doubt.

(chorus) But now my Classic is getting old. Support for the extraordinary BB10 has waned. Whatsapp is abandoning us.

Is it time to move on?

Posted via CB10
    the reward for conformity is that everyones likes you except yourself
    06-28-16 06:48 AM
    That was not my point. Obviously I have made my decisions based on what I need and not what others think I need or I would have bailed years ago.

My point is time is moving on. A faster processor is very close to being a necessity to support the forms of data we all exchange on the job. Additionally, Whatsapp, for better or worse, has become the norm on cross-platform messaging. They now say BB10 doesn't have the ability to support features they plan to add. That wouldn't be even close to a reality if BlackBerry were pursuing development and harnessing the power of BB10. Instead they have chosen to build better hardware only for the inferior Android platform.

I don't see this leading anywhere good. My Classic still does what I need, but it appears that won't be the case for much longer.

The most frustrating part of that is BlackBerry is ignoring that reality and pursuing the futile effort of attracting Android customers; most of whom wouldn't be caught dead using a BlackBerry. Misguided.

Posted via CB10
    I agree
    The saddest thing is that I moved from a bold 9900 which lasted me for a good 3-4 years. I only have the classic for the last 14 months and I'm already planning my future device; sadly it will be an android. I was very excited and impressed by bb10 at first, but now, counting whatsapp and facebook, lack of updates, aging of the phone (not wear and tear but compared to other devices), I feel very disappointed and I honestly regret buying it. I am glad that I didn't go for the passport which I had planned 3-4 months after getting the classic.
    Anyway, I am not nostalgic about this, it's just time to move to a better device.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 02:02 AM
    07-01-16 05:08 PM
    I agree
    The saddest thing is that I moved from a bold 9900 which lasted me for a good 3-4 years. I only have the classic for the last 14 months and I'm already planning my future device; sadly it will be an android. I was very excited and impressed by bb10 at first, but now, counting whatsapp and facebook, lack of updates, aging of the phone (not wear and tear but compared to other devices), I feel very disappointed and I honestly regret buying it. I am glad that I didn't go for the passport which I had planned 3-4 months after getting the classic.
    Anyway, I am not nostalgic about this, it's just time to move to a better device.

Posted via CB10
    I really hate android though. If iOS will launch a keyboard phone, that will be my cue.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 05:10 PM
    BB OS 10 has fallen far behind, technology is constantly updating and evolving and Blackberry pretty much failed to do either, so as much as it might such to say OS 10 is for all intents and purposes dead. Yea it still technically works, but it has limited use, half of the apps I use aren't available on it and the alt of the ones that were available are slowly dying out, if the ART had been updated (yes I fully understand why this isn't possible) the maybe it would have been different, as is though if you're looking for a solid phone then they're still good, however if you're looking for a smartphone that can handle what you throw at it and offer you a multitude of options then it's not really going to cut it. This is of course merely my opinion and I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree with me however there are a lot that will also agree with me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 11:49 PM
128 ... 3456