04-09-16 05:38 AM
65 123
tools
    Yup if they don't update OS 10 and that means a runtime update soon then it will be a closed system and only a corporate OS.
    04-04-16 07:06 PM
    I just want a fire sale so I can get another Classic for less than $150. I wish they would have made a red one!!!!

J Be....Here But Gone...
    chalx likes this.
    04-04-16 08:25 PM
    Now you sound like my wife, she wanted a red one as well!

Woof!
    04-05-16 07:11 AM
    any one who buys anything from bb nowadays is not thinking clearly, i dont trut anything they say or do, they are a failing company who doesnt owe anything to anybody they are just in it to see who they can trick into buying their junk and run off with the money
    04-05-16 08:01 AM
    The only people who cares that this phone is discontined are those you'll buy it regardless and you know it.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    04-05-16 08:08 AM
    I don't think Mr. Chen said specifically it was discontinued. Just that they couldn't make any more because the parts were obsolete.

Splitting hairs I guess. And either way, unlikely to spur a surge in sales.
    Hmm, I didn't know about this. Source?
    04-05-16 08:36 AM
    Technically they are still saying they'll give us a few useless updates. One in June and one next year. So I guess it isn't discontinued, but anyone with half a brain can see the truth.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 08:51 AM
    Hmm, I didn't know about this. Source?
    It was either in the earnings call on April 1st, or one of the interviews he did after the earnings call. I don't remember which, things sort of blurred together that day.
    04-05-16 09:51 AM
    I don't worry about BB any more as my company is moving on to another handset provider. It just bothers me that a large company could be so dishonest. That's it, the first time buyer may not read info about the company, and may think they might want to jump in. Great but a least let them know....that's all.
    Do you honestly believe there is anybody left on this planet that is both:

1. Aware of BlackBerry

2. Unaware of BlackBerry's market standing

???

Really?

The only ones that don't know the "truth" are the ones that assumed they died years ago.

Richard
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-05-16 10:12 AM
    The only people who cares that this phone is discontined are those you'll buy it regardless and you know it.
    I bought 2 spare Z30's to complement the 2 my wife and I already use, broke my screen the other day and temporarily swiped a screen off my spare while waiting for parts to come in. Ordered new screen, housing, and cover...refreshed my existing phone and put the new screen back on the spare phone. Why? Because it doesn't matter to me that the phones are discontinued; I like them and will continue to use them until they simply don't work anymore...or they don't suit my needs anymore, whichever comes first. I think it is more likely to be the former than the latter.

Richard
    04-05-16 10:15 AM
    The word fool comes to mind. First many and I mean many firms sell products and will place right on the web site discontinued model. That's what honest firms do, your response shows what is wrong with BB. Truth or facts have no business on this forum. Amazing....response.
    Dude. I love classic for it's best keyboard and browser and notifications and calendar. Many people in this forum will hate you. But I support you and what you said. BlackBerry should focus on developing apps rather than releasing new models. I accept that security is very important in devices. But this shouldn't be the stupid reason for not providing freedom to app developers. If BlackBerry is very much concerned about security for firms,better release one model for(only for) firms. But instead of that they release a mobile phone and do the marketing like-the best phone you'll have in your life. Lol. I love BlackBerry but these days, I'm just laughing at them(and ofcourse I hate my decision of still using BlackBerry, coz I'm addicted to it).

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 10:24 AM
    They don't manufacture new Classics anymore. But they still sell them (from their warehouse) and service them. What is the problem with that? That is not a "dead" phone. All of the cell phone manufacturers do the exact same thing with their older models.
    04-05-16 10:30 AM
    Okay I found the source from Seeking Alpha's earnings call transcript:

John Chen

The Foxconn built out classic and its a from my limited experience in the last 2.5 years here has been extremely, extremely successful. In fact, people still want the classic. I unfortunately am getting to the point that I cant make it anymore because of the fact that the memory components and all that is changing. So Im working on that issue also. The Foxconn is an important component, but its not a huge component of it. Thats number one. But maybe we can work on something else with Foxconn.‎
    04-05-16 10:33 AM
    OP.... I do get where you are coming from.

But it's buyer beware with BlackBerry.... they don't really know what they are doing themselves, and they sure can't afford to discourage buyers.

But can they afford to alienate those uneducated customers, that are also software customers?
    04-05-16 10:58 AM
    False advertisement but the truly sad part is, no one really cares at this point.
    04-05-16 11:15 AM
    Also all those car dealers selling 2016 models when they know they are obsolete in 6 months and they are shutting down production in only 3 months. Somebody should really do something about these deceptive practices.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    04-05-16 12:42 PM
    I really do think most of the BB10 device lineup was BlackBerry wondering what to do with all of those circa-2012 Qualcomm chips they hoarded with that billion dollar Z10 inventory.
    04-05-16 12:57 PM
    I really do think most of the BB10 device lineup was BlackBerry wondering what to do with all of those circa-2012 Qualcomm chips they hoarded with that billion dollar Z10 inventory.
    Has anyone within their ranks ever explained why they bought so many of those Z10 chips and why they just randomly expected to sell 50 million Z10s?

It's hard for me to believe they could be so blind.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 01:21 PM
    Technically they are still saying they'll give us a few useless updates. One in June and one next year. So I guess it isn't discontinued, but anyone with half a brain can see the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares if they are discontinued or not? As long as the juice flows from the battery to power my Q10s I will continue to use them well into the 2020s.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-05-16 02:13 PM
    wow..........I really have no reply............guess you never shop in the real world.............Chen loves you!
    04-05-16 03:42 PM
    I loved my Classic as well, then I went to a Passport............size does matter!

Woof!
    04-05-16 03:44 PM
    Has anyone within their ranks ever explained why they bought so many of those Z10 chips and why they just randomly expected to sell 50 million Z10s?

It's hard for me to believe they could be so blind.

Posted via CB10
    Suicidal overconfidence?
    04-05-16 06:37 PM
    to much to drink?......................bad Scotch?..........................................m oron syndrome.................all of the above!

Woof!
    04-05-16 06:58 PM
    We all know bb is under, yet we continue coming here and appreciating their products. That is not being fools, that is liking something that imo still is great
    RichardHBB likes this.
    04-05-16 09:01 PM
    You misunderstand. When I say "fool" I am talking about people who will try something again, or listen to something again usually the same source. Then expect a different outcome. I love my Passport, even though my company is going Apple. I love and will hold onto it as long as it works. I hope Cobalt will come up with a runtime work around. Then we will be secure for another 2 years or so.....
    Woof!
    04-06-16 07:00 AM
65 123