One last thought, before replying try reading the post. I am talking about dead hardware. When Apple discontinued the I phone 4S, it clearly stated on its web site the phone was discontinued. LG same thing................Google same thing..........BlackBerry nope. Come buy a great phone.....one you can trust!
    Apples infrastructure and ecosystem is designed around planned obsolescence.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    RichardHBB likes this.
    04-06-16 09:12 AM
    Apples infrastructure and ecosystem is designed around planned obsolescence.

Not only in a technical sense (newer o/s run too slow on older phones) but it's also marketing. Appealing to the "must have the latest and greatest" crowd by outright naming the older devices "discontinued." Why would anyone want a discontinued product? (hint: if it still works great, it doesn't matter.)

Richard
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-06-16 09:17 AM
    Does anyone have the watches for the classic that are shown for sale here? I was afraid to buy because they don't really say that they are compatible with the bbery phone.
    04-06-16 03:51 PM
    What's the point here? The Classic is an awesome device and BlackBerry should tell people about it.

I follow BlackBerry very closely and I completely don't understand what the point is about posting this.

They have some great BlackBerry 10 inventory to sell, so friggin' what!?!? What should they do instead, have a Classic bonfire party?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 07:13 PM
    I love my classic.. this thread is crazy talk...
    syclone1978 and bh7171 like this.
    04-06-16 08:11 PM
    Not only in a technical sense (newer o/s run too slow on older phones) but it's also marketing. Appealing to the "must have the latest and greatest" crowd by outright naming the older devices "discontinued." Why would anyone want a discontinued product? (hint: if it still works great, it doesn't matter.)

Richard
    Totally correct. I was just thinking to add that. Indeed.. a iphone 4 will still work fine on the said IOS it came with (pre upgrade).

BUT, Apple does not want you to keep your device for an extended period of time. They are not built to last... and if you dear keep it longer than they want you to keep it for, they will push an "update" that will cripple your device. And if you dear ignore the update, then they will make it so no other apps work until you make that update!

It's a clever plan.. and intertwined well with clever marketing tactics.

04-07-16 02:06 AM
    wow were do you guys get this stuff..............get out of the sun. Apple I phones as old as the 4 are working fine, they just announced last year that support would end for the I phone 3..........the first I phone.
    04-07-16 05:09 PM
    wow were do you guys get this stuff..............get out of the sun. Apple I phones as old as the 4 are working fine, they just announced last year that support would end for the I phone 3..........the first I phone.
    Don't the older iPhones get frozen when they are "updated"?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6426550?tstart=0
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-07-16 07:31 PM
    nope....................I have a few friends that just moved from an I phone 4 no issues. But there are always issues.........Just ask Joan of Ark!

Woof!
    04-07-16 08:09 PM
    Oh, I dunno... Law Suit for iPhone 4s - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

FWIW the idea of a lawsuit is ridiculous, but the discussion is specifically about IOS 9 running much slower on older devices (4S in particular) vs. previous revisions. It's not a big secret or a hoax.

Richard
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-08-16 07:39 AM
    First Apple, recommends some up dates and does not others also phone carriers approve them as well, my point is they support their equipment and BB does not, also the complete dismissal of other companies is almost comical if not sad. The market has spoken.....the most important thing. If Apple was such a big bad company and their handsets so bad, there would be no Apple. In the end the market shows who is right and who is wrong. BB was and is on the wrong side.

Woof!
    04-08-16 08:24 AM
    First Apple, recommends some up dates and does not others also phone carriers approve them as well, my point is they support their equipment and BB does not, also the complete dismissal of other companies is almost comical if not sad. The market has spoken.....the most important thing. If Apple was such a big bad company and their handsets so bad, there would be no Apple. In the end the market shows who is right and who is wrong. BB was and is on the wrong side.

Woof!
    Disagree..

Apple recommends updates yes.. but, the hidden agenda is that the update WILL cripple your device (which worked GREAT prior to update).

Apple does not support older device, they encourage you to update the device as its very quick that your once great device WILL be seen as redundant once a new update / model is out (which by Apple standards) is every year or so.

Apple is a big bad company in regards to their ethics of making their device redundant via updates from them. However, they are a GREAT company for marketing their device or making the device seen as "a must have " device.

04-08-16 08:51 AM
    Please....I'm sure Apples plan is to cripple its own product.........In your world there are boggy men behind every tree. My friends company has had Apple phones since the beginning. They upgrade every 4 years. Guess what...............no trouble........NONE........wow how could that be? Because there is no one lurking in the woods. Blackberry gave it all away.............and they have no one but BLACKBERRY to blame!
    04-08-16 03:35 PM
    Dude you speak very poetically
    04-08-16 04:59 PM
    My god Smell the coffee guys .
    04-09-16 05:38 AM
65 123