05-22-14 09:50 AM
46 12
tools
    I don't think I said the Q10 wasn't metal - I just prefer the shiny over the matted look. Also, was indicating what I wanted the next model to contain.
    Well I hope they have options maybe because I definitely prefer a matte look than a shiny/flashy look. I feel it is much more professional and less flashy, look at me!!, look. Or at least a brushed metal look. That shiny look also gives me that cheap chromed feel. A lot of cheap things like to "look" more premium by being chromed over, so I get that vibe when I see shiny things like that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-11-14 12:59 PM
    Well I hope they have options maybe because I definitely prefer a matte look than a shiny/flashy look. I feel it is much more professional and less flashy, look at me!!, look. Or at least a brushed metal look. That shiny look also gives me that cheap chromed feel. A lot of cheap things like to "look" more premium by being chromed over, so I get that vibe when I see shiny things like that.

I would have to agree with you there...a lot of cheap things like to pass themselves off as quality! I am willing to pay a bit more to actually have quality materials versus just the appearance of quality materials. Our difference of preference in the shiny versus the matted look just goes to show that consumers don't want the same thing in all areas pertaining to a product. It's amazing to me that those making any product can satisfy so many variant degrees of preferences and still make a profit! The differences certainly doesn't make one person right or wrong because they have that preference, just different.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-11-14 01:11 PM
    I would have to agree with you there...a lot of cheap things like to pass themselves off as quality! I am willing to pay a bit more to actually have quality materials versus just the appearance of quality materials. Our difference of preference in the shiny versus the matted look just goes to show that consumers don't want the same thing in all areas pertaining to a product. It's amazing to me that those making any product can satisfy so many variant degrees of preferences and still make a profit! The differences certainly doesn't make one person right or wrong because they have that preference, just different.
    Yep, that's why I would like if there were options, and more than just "white" or "black" but I know there would be an increase in production costs though...

Edit: And although shiny things are not my preference, the Bold 9900 still managed to look very nice and professional even with the shiny bezel, but I would have liked a brushed metal look more.

bborgimicks likes this.
    05-11-14 02:51 PM
    These are my pain points of the Q10:
    1. Poor way to move the cursor (the cursor is UNDER your finger so its hard to be accurate)
    2. Poor way to consistently bring up the copy/paste/select all menu
    3. Add a programmable function key, so you can bring up copy/paste menu, show a cursor, move the cursor, etc by doing: fnc+c to copy, fnc+v to paste, fnc+z to show cursor and move it anywhere, you get the idea
    4. As far as software when you begin to try to move the cursor the left/right/up/down buttons should NOT move with the cursor, they should be in the menu bar where the auto type words appear.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 03:21 AM
    When I get a phone call sometimes I want to continue to use my phone without hanging up.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 03:23 AM
    Hdmi out - but make it so the outputted video can fill the TV, unlike the Q10. This isn't necessarily an easy task but some creativity will make it doable... like a crop/box like window the user can move to choose what is outputted.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 03:35 AM
    I thought it was just called BlackBerry Classic now.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    05-12-14 03:37 AM
    Convenience side button
    Customizable sound profiles
    Better select/copy/paste

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:05 AM
    I come bearing news. Digging through 10.3 has confirmed a few things. 720x720 screen, no HDMI out and, crucially, Q10 internals. The jury is out on the screen size, but it appears to be 3.1" instead of 3.5" (may just be a placeholder).

But, you do get a trackpad, so there's that.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:49 PM
    I'll wait for the slider with hdmi out and tool belt (don't require phone/hang up buttons)... I would pay $1K for that phone if it ever exists.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:08 PM
    Convenience keys on both sides of the phone?

Posted with my Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    05-12-14 09:11 PM
    I come bearing news. Digging through 10.3 has confirmed a few things. 720x720 screen, no HDMI out and, crucially, Q10 internals. The jury is out on the screen size, but it appears to be 3.1" instead of 3.5" (may just be a placeholder).

Posted via CB10
    I think the 3.5 inch screen is confirmed by john chen himself in the various interviews. Ive searched it and all articles mentioned the same thing but not in quote.

Q10 internals should be correct according the specs found on 10.3 but the battery will be slightly larger.

John chen wants BlackBerry to have the longest battery life of all the smartphones. He believes it to be a great strength.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-13-14 01:19 PM
    Yea 3.5" has been confirmed. The aspect ratio has not

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    But from what I've read, 10.3 isn't even going to be released for the Classic. It'll get 10.3.1...

05-14-14 12:25 PM
    But from what I've read, 10.3 isn't even going to be released for the Classic. It'll get 10.3.1...

I have a feeling that decision was made after they started work on accommodating the Classic into BB10.

Besides, the Q10 released with 10.1 but there still exists 10.0 software for it.
    05-14-14 01:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am kinda of disappointed abou that news, as I thought we would at least get a little bump in internal specs or at least get specs closer to z30 internals. There is always next year or whenever my bb7 phone dies out, which ever comes first.
    05-14-14 08:26 PM
    I am kinda of disappointed abou that news, as I thought we would at least get a little bump in internal specs or at least get specs closer to z30 internals. There is always next year or whenever my bb7 phone dies out, which ever comes first.
    I kind of doubt that. Those might be the specs for a stand-in device in the mean time. First, they already confirmed 10.3 will not be on the Classic, that will get 10.3.1. Second, they already confirmed the screen size, so the info in that already proven to be inaccurate. Last, even BB will not release 2 year-old hardware in a phone they've called a "premium" device... It's probably a dev unit they made to test out the toolbelt with the OS. Remember the info for the Z3 in the OS leaks were inaccurate as well...

Mr4aces likes this.
    05-14-14 08:39 PM
    Screen size should be bigger, keyboard could be like the one that can be dragged out from the back to be opened

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone
    05-15-14 07:31 AM
    I want what blackberry will surprise us with.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    05-22-14 12:06 AM
    I want the specs of the "q30" with the tool belt.
    05-22-14 08:00 AM
    I want an auto-focus front facing camera.

If BlackBerry can't put a decent selfie camera in their devices in 2014, then I don't wanna know anymore.
    05-22-14 09:50 AM
46 12