I don't care much about hardware specs as long as device is speedy & lag free. All I want in hardware is big REMOVABLE battery ( 3500 -4000 mah). And advertise it as the biggest battery ever in smartphone.

Software side - Bring back all good features of legacy BBOS (Only good ones).
    Last edited by nikesu; 05-05-14 at 01:34 AM.
    05-05-14 01:23 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts! Especially to launch applications from the homescreen. There should be keyboard shortcuts for basically anything and everything

Posted via CB10
    nikesu and nadashalou like this.
    05-05-14 01:32 AM
    Might be wishful thinking, but I'd like to see something somewhat competitive with the "big boys" on the market. So something like this:
    Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 CPU
    Adreno 330 GPU
    3GB RAM
    32-64GB internal storage
    2800 (or better) mah REMOVABLE battery
    OS that is much more optimized for the keyboard, things like more keyboard shortcuts, like hopefully keyboard shortcuts in the camera app and things like that.
    12-16MP rear camera with GREAT LOW LIGHT performance. I don't care as much about the SIZE of the picture (megapixels) compared to the QUALITY of the sensor...
    Front camera can be anything, I don't really care, the current one is fine...
    Speaking of cameras, I definitely wish they would move the camera away from the damn corner, this isn't an iphone, so don't copy the stupid things they do... Make it less likely for you to get your fingers in the photo while trying to have a good solid hold of the phone while taking photos.
    Stereo speakers
    NFC (duh)
    Wireless charging (and a cradle that both holds it upright and charges via the wireless charging system, so like charging contacts without the actual contacts...)
    Of course keep supporting micro-sd cards, update to support up to 128gb
    Maybe a hardware convenience key
    Would be cool to have a notification LED on the back of the phone, or even a small little LED screen (now I'm definitely asking too much, lol)
    Bring back holster profiles (options like vibrate only while in holster in the notifications settings)
    Bring back individual notification volumes
    Further customization of the homescreen and other aspects.

And there's much more that I wish to see, but I'll stop dreaming now before I end up crying when the phone actually comes out...

Edit: Adding waterproofing and paratek antenna to the list. :-)
    Last edited by slagman5; 05-09-14 at 04:02 AM.
    nikesu, idssteve, Mr4aces and 1 others like this.
    05-05-14 02:26 AM
    I don't care much about hardware specs as long as device is speedy & lag free. All I want in hardware is big REMOVABLE battery ( 3500 -4000 mah). And advertise it as the biggest battery ever in smartphone.

Software side - Bring back all good features of legacy BBOS (Only good ones).
    Yes, I would like the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    05-05-14 02:39 AM
    - A hardware convenience button would be great!
    - For profiles i'd like a simple 3-way toggle between normal/silent/vibrate (and keyboard shortcuts of course, the Q key used to switch to vibrate and it was convenient...)
    - don't care about toolbelts and trackpads - waste of space on a device that's already RE-challenged...(I know I'm a probbably a minority here as BBOS still outsells we know what..
    - option for the hub to default to the...hub...
    - option to customize the phone and camera app on the home screen

But as the topic is for the Q20 and not the OS in general i'll stop here. Just take a bold and see what it does that a Q still doesn't, not that many things already with 10.2.1 but still some things that need to come back

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 03:00 AM
    Hmmm... My Z10 might not have the same hardware Samsung Galaxy S4 has for example, but it runs so smooth and lag free that I can't imagine how it would be with high end specs.

But I vote for battery, big big and removable battery
    64 bit :-)
    Some extra RAM is always welcome
    The camera of Z10 is amazing, but could do better in low light.. I'd be in love if recording 720p or more @120fps
    Could also do with latest WiFi standard
    Support for FM, DLNA, Miracast, WiFi direct all the way long
    USB OTG & USB Host all the way long
    Dust proof & scratch resistant
    Full HD resolution with fair pixel density
    nikesu likes this.
    05-05-14 03:17 AM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests for the OS:

• General UI & Hub

1. Swiping across bezels to switch between open apps. And pinch in diagonally from top right and bottom left to close app / or better be Gesture Control Center (check this)
    2. Squircle while loading
    3. Inverted colors option to turn the whole UI of the phone from white to dark and vise versa, call it BlackBerry mode
    4. The old call screen was more unique
    5. More options to facilitate icons sorting, e.g. multi selection of apps to move them together into another page or folder or arrange icons by date installed, name etc
    6. Ability to move a Hub entry to active frame for easier multitasking? e.g. if I have an email open, and I want to open another one but I don't want to search for the email I had open in the first place. So I can send the first email to active frame and open the second.
    7. Would be great if during the initial setup, the user is asked if he right or left handed, to have the position of Hub and scrolling at their ease. e.g. for a left hand user, the position of Hub I think would be more convenient on the right side
    8. Mark as spam option in the email
    9. Control the transparency level of the background of toast notifications, and chose their visual effects
    10. Option to let specific contact phone call / SMS to override the bedside mode
    11. Ability to have a nice summary of the day in the bedside mode screen. e.g. meetings and weather
    12. More color tags in Calendar and Hub
    13. Prompt what to do when there's no more room for another app to be opened. i.e. if I have 8 apps already in active frames and I want to open another app, I want to be prompted to close which of those 8 apps
    14. Customizable UI - give opportunity to graphic designers and artists to create installable theme packs that will change the look and fonts of menus, Hub, pop-up menus, background, ringtones perhaps etc.. It should be done through an official BlackBerry new dedicated community, it could generate source of revenue too.
    15. "Select All" option in specific Hub account for further action
    16. Have all the document work done through Docs to go without minimizing it to open the document editor
    17. 2 fingers swipe from bottom to bring the keyboard with either a text editor or with Remember app, it has to be configured this way.

• System

1. Hibernate mode - could be useful when phone switches off due to empty battery. It's sad if you're writing email or having a good progress in a game and phone just shuts down and you lose all your progress.
    2. Built in system data, SMS, calling monitoring to check, warn, and even stop if configured in this way.
    3. Configurable LED colors
    4. Better Wi-Fi connectivity. It often disconnects, or says limited, or gets disabled!
    5. Ability to remove certain words from what the keyboard has learned. Not all at once.
    6. Redesign the Arabic keyboard layout as the letters are too close to each other
    7. Ability to clear cache or native and Android apps/reset the app
    8. Network data toggle in the quick settings
    9. Sound an alert when battery completes charging
    10. Power button as the only option to power on the phone, not by reinserting the battery for example.
    11. Built in call recorder where applies that doesn't require the speaker to be open
    12. Option to vibrate when call is connected/ended

• Browser

1. Reader mode in browser is an awesome feature! would be nice if to be able to choose a certain part of the page to have in reader mode. e.g. I opened a topic in CB through the browser, and the first reply to the main topic is quite long, so I want to choose only this part in reader mode as when you crop an image like.

• BlackBerry World

1. My purchase apps tab in BlackBerry World apps
    2. Discounted apps of the day, or gone-free apps of the day within BlackBerry World

• Contacts

1. Simplify the contacts app, or address it's issues seriously.
    2. Add GPS coordinates/automatically detect address option in contacts
    3. Ability to choose default / primary number for a contact with multiple numbers
    4. Direct access to "Local Contacts" account, with ability to back it up to .csv and import it back and/or a contacts database that remembers the linked contacts.
    5. High resolution contact pictures in contacts app and in BBM

• BlackBerry Maps

1. Get rid of BlackBerry Maps and acquire TomTom or seriously improve it, navigation in 3D mode is a must.

• BBM

1. A modern and cool, eye-candy look and feel of UI of BBM
    2. Linking the BBID with phone numbers to find friends easier, and don't start a war here please, you could read this first then we could talk: http://us.blackberry.com/
    3. Ability to exchange videos and music files in BBM groups
    4. Remove file size limitations in BBM
    5. "Show what I'm listening to feature" should be limited to music, not voice messages in WhatsApp! Yes, try it out! Play a voice message your friend has sent you on WhatsApp and check your feeds on your friend's BBM, you will see that you was listening to this voice message.
    6. Multiple selection and sending of pictures through BBM
    7. Hashtag and mentioning in BBM groups and channels. Right now clicking on a hashtag or a mention within BBM redirects you to twitter?!
    8. Get notified when a specific BBM contact is available for Call/Video Call (grey icon turning into green invokes an alert) as in Lotus Sametime (Alert me when available option)

• Android

1. Android soft buttons(2 at least) instead of back only button
    2. Google Play Services to literally have 2 in 1 device. And have in the settings this option to be disabled (removal of all Android runtime for users who want 100% native experience).
    3. Try to find a way to let us deny Android apps specific permissions they require.

• Backup

1. BlackBerry users simple cloud for the purposes of hosting contacts, sync calendar, backup app data. I think 2 gigs should be enough, and extra for money, no problem. (old BlackBerry protect!?)
    2. Ability to backup and restore individual apps

• General

1. Custom snooze time of our choice
    2. The ability to choose the function of the middle key between volume rockers, not all users use voice control.

• Music

1. Equalizer, lyric viewer, ID3 edit from within the music player app
    2. Have the music app to look into certain folders for music. Not all the device!

• Camera

1. More photographer tools: iso, shutter speed, exposure, light balance etc
    2. Video size is too big even with @720p.. There has to be a way for smaller size for easier sharing
    3. Pause and resume while video recording
    nikesu and rai187 like this.
    05-05-14 03:18 AM
    Might be wishful thinking, but I'd like to see something somewhat competitive with the "big boys" on the market. So something like this:
    Adreno 330 GPU
    3GB RAM
    32-64GB internal storage
    OS that is much more optimized for the keyboard, things like more keyboard shortcuts, like hopefully keyboard shortcuts in the camera app and things like that.
    12-16MP rear camera with GREAT LOW LIGHT performance. I don't care as much about the SIZE of the picture (megapixels) compared to the QUALITY of the sensor...
    Speaking of cameras, I definitely wish they would move the camera away from the damn corner, this isn't an iphone, so don't copy the stupid things they do... Make it less likely for you to get your fingers in the photo while trying to have a good solid hold of the phone while taking photos.
    Stereo speakers
    NFC (duh)
    Wireless charging (and a cradle that both holds it upright and charges via the wireless charging system, so like charging contacts without the actual contacts...)
    Would be cool to have a notification LED on the back of the phone, or even a small little LED screen (now I'm definitely asking too much, lol)
    Bring back holster profiles (options like vibrate only while in holster in the notifications settings)

And there's much more that I wish to see, but I'll stop dreaming now before I end up crying when the phone actually comes out...

Couldn't agree more. That's a long list but whatever you mentioned are already available in high-end android devices. It'd be the best BB device ever if they implement your specs & features
    05-05-14 03:27 AM
    Couldn't agree more. That's a long list but whatever you mentioned are already available in high-end android devices. It'd be the best BB device ever if they implement your specs & features
    I'd also like to add waterproof to that list...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 05-05-14 at 12:07 PM.
    05-05-14 03:51 AM
    I know this isn't likely, but a screen that isn't perfectly square. That is the only draw ask of the Q10. I'd also like to see the track pad well integrated into BB10, I think it has some real potential. I'd also like to see dual SIM and 32-64 of memory. Lastly, a quad core processor and a huge battery.... in the range of 3500. Thatd be productive and a rocking device.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:52 AM
    Keyboards that last, and not just for 3 months

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-05-14 05:54 AM
    I know this isn't likely, but a screen that isn't perfectly square. That is the only draw ask of the Q10. I'd also like to see the track pad well integrated into BB10, I think it has some real potential. I'd also like to see dual SIM and 32-64 of memory. Lastly, a quad core processor and a huge battery.... in the range of 3500. Thatd be productive and a rocking device.

Posted via CB10
    They say...Q20 is going to have 3.5" screen. It'd be interesting to see what aspect ratio they will implement. I think they will stick with 1:1 ratio like in Q10.
    05-05-14 07:30 AM
    Adreno 330 GPU
    3GB RAM
    32-64GB internal storage
    Stereo speakers
    NFC (duh)

Awesome post. Chips (CPU) keep getting faster. A faster chip requires a bigger battery but BlackBerry 10 is pretty efficient so I'd imagine the phone would handle power well.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 04:45 PM
    Adreno 330 GPU
    3GB RAM
    32-64GB internal storage
    Stereo speakers
    NFC (duh)

Ditto. Also rugedized like Casio Comando. 9900's curved keyboard for us old codgers with arthritic thumbs.

Plus two convenience keys (liked one for flashlight on 9650), make that a 5000ma batt, 4GB ram, tool belt w (capacitive?) trackpad AND option to turn the touch digitizer off...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-07-14 07:17 AM
    Touch system will make it good with latest softwares support.
    05-08-14 07:58 AM
    Paratek Antenna... like in z30...
    05-08-14 04:20 PM
    *Add a spot on the phone where u can attach a slip knot wristlet. I love my phone naked. I don't know why all phones don't have these. The younger crowd would really appreciate it.

*12+ mp camera
    *Application short cuts
    *Ability to hide icons
    *Add phone #'s to bbm to text
    *Press "Q" to switch to silence
    *Better voice control. Would like to say remind me in 15 mins to "task" and it calculate the minutes and set an alarm.
    *Convenience key brought back
    *wider and taller build Q10 style by 1/4 in each way.
    *dark theme hub

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 07:14 PM
    Paratek Antenna... like in z30...
    Yes, I would add this and waterproof to my list. :-)

05-08-14 09:54 PM
    -Curved keyboard like the Bold 9900
    -Keyboard shortcuts (e.g. silence mode)
    -Convenience side button
    -Charging contacts (charging pod comeback, please)

I'm sure there are a few other things I'd like. I'm just glad the toolbelt is coming back. Basically, I'd like Bold 9900-esque hardware with BB10 software.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:44 AM
    This phone is ment for enterprise prosumers. So 3.5 inch screen with 720p x 720p resolution. Other specs is the same as Q10 or Z30. Thats it I think.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-09-14 12:48 AM
    USB Sync to Outlook
    05-09-14 08:52 AM
    Decent battery life - at least 16/day- AND a removable battery. Those two are deal-breakers.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 08:47 PM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests for the OS:
    Wow. You've listed some really nice goodies. Sometimes I feel like I'm caught between two worlds when it comes to my 9930 and my Q10. I love the speed and smoothness of my Q10 and the funtionality and UI of my 9930. I basically want atleast ALL the customizations that I have on my 9930, with the performance of my Q10. When I use my Q10, I do long for a bigger screen and miss the toolbelt and trackpad. If the screen is not 1:1, then have landscape mode with optional virtual keyboard that can appear so it's not weird to type in landscape mode. Definitely loving the dark theme- so ability to go completely dark theme is a plus, want longer lasting REMOVABLE battery. Ability to choose UI: either that of the 9930 or the Q10 (can switch back and forth - so once choosen not stuck with it. And if later want to go full Q10 can). Ability to schedule a phone call and have phone auto dial it at scheduled time (so not just a reminder to make the call) with option to just dial it or prompt you OK to dial, and ability to password protect individual notes, contacts, docs, etc - or maybe a special user login into phone where you can set what that login can access- something along the line of a child protect. My nephew likes to play some of the games I have on the phone, but I get nervous that he may accidentally delete something when he ventures in other areas.
    Want red/green call and hangup buttons back. Product MUST feel premium- so shiny silver bezels, very solid sturdy metal side and volume buttons. That's probably the ONLY thing I liked about my 4s - buttons felt very premium. Ofcourse Paratek atenna, great sound, etc.

Edit:
    And if have landscape mode, the ability to turn if off. Hated fighting with iPhone going landscape just because I held it slightly tilted!
    Last edited by bborgimicks; 05-11-14 at 12:50 PM.
    menshawy likes this.
    05-11-14 12:39 PM
    Wow. You've listed some really nice goodies. Sometimes I feel like I'm caught between two worlds when it comes to my 9930 and my Q10. I love the speed and smoothness of my Q10 and the funtionality and UI of my 9930. I basically want atleast ALL the customizations that I have on my 9930, with the performance of my Q10. When I use my Q10, I do long for a bigger screen and miss the toolbelt and trackpad. If the screen is not 1:1, then have landscape mode with optional virtual keyboard that can appear so it's not weird to type in landscape mode. Definitely loving the dark theme- so ability to go completely dark theme is a plus, want longer lasting REMOVABLE battery. Ability to choose UI: either that of the 9930 or the Q10 (can switch back and forth - so once choosen not stuck with it. And if later want to go full Q10 can). Ability to schedule a phone call and have phone auto dial it at scheduled time (so not just a reminder to make the call) with option to just dial it or prompt you OK to dial, and ability to password protect individual notes, contacts, docs, etc - or maybe a special user login into phone where you can set what that login can access- something along the line of a child protect. My nephew likes to play some of the games I have on the phone, but I get nervous that he may accidentally delete something when he ventures in other areas.
    Want red/green call and hangup buttons back. Product MUST feel premium- so shiny silver bezels, very solid sturdy metal side and volume buttons. That's probably the ONLY thing I liked about my 4s - buttons felt very premium. Ofcourse Paratek atenna, great sound, etc.
    The bezel and buttons on the Q10 are all metal... Do you really need them to be "shiny" to know that?

05-11-14 12:44 PM
    The bezel and buttons on the Q10 are all metal... Do you really need them to be "shiny" to know that?

I don't think I said the Q10 wasn't metal - I just prefer the shiny over the matted look. Also, was indicating what I wanted the next model to contain.
    05-11-14 12:52 PM
46 12