Does anyone have any real sense of what will happen after December 31st? I am assuming that basic functions such as phoning, email and text messaging shall continue to work, but what about the apps that were downloaded from Blackberry World? Will they be inoperable?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-19 04:21 PM
    what about the apps that were downloaded from Blackberry World? Will they be inoperable?
    They should continue to work but you won't be able to download them anymore should you delete them.
    04-13-19 04:48 PM
    Thank you for the information. I have come back to my Classic, and I just can't let go of BB10. I want to ride this out as long as my phone physically lasts

Posted via CB10
    04-13-19 04:50 PM
    Thank you for the information. I have come back to my Classic, and I just can't let go of BB10. I want to ride this out as long as my phone physically lasts

Posted via CB10
    Well, the phone won't self destruct by new years...
    04-14-19 04:05 AM
    They could pull a WhatsApp and not shut anything down....

I'd wait till Dec, see if they announce anything.

But I'd have all data backed up outside of LINK and I'd have a "plan".
    illsince1977 likes this.
    04-15-19 01:05 PM
    Still the same..nothing change!
    04-28-19 06:03 AM
    Still the same..nothing change!
    Liking my BB10 passport more and more these days. Does everything I need, text, email and BBM.

It has become very exclusive these days.
    05-15-19 09:44 PM
    It has become very exclusive these days.
    That's one way of putting it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-15-19 10:17 PM
    That's one way of putting it.
    Too right.

I am using my Passport heavily for work and I find I can touch type without even looking at the phone. Everyone at work uses computers to go through their emails. I tend to use the Passport all the time. It is very convenient.

I just bought a couple of secondhand Classics for my two daughters. £35 each, in good shape.

In the event of bbid shutting down then basic messaging apps (Android if at all necessary) and email client should continue to work. I will miss the Protect features though. Only a year ago I used it on one of the girls' old Curve. She had dropped it somewhere the night before and I found it exactly where it was. Sadly BIS is now unsupported by many carriers so I had to get the Classics.

I am not too worried about the fact not many apps will run on the phones. (Classic is clearly underpowered compared to Passport too). I am trying to teach them they should be able to actually read and write emails properly. Even if Slacker et al might well be the future, email will always be around.

And if along the way a second device is needed, there are plenty of cheap Chinese alternatives.

Let's hope for the best re bbid...
    bagnet2010 likes this.
    05-18-19 06:40 AM