I have never used BB before because it did not have the same sms functionality and PC suite what Nokia had. When mine E6 started slowing down due to data capacity, I looked once more into the newest BB model closely fitting E6.

I have just received it and discovered the PC suite sms functionality as much as on the phone is worse that I can remember having used the phones since they became market proliferated. It looks as if BB went back 20 years on the sms interface features.

Anyone has got any idea how I can recover the text folder functionality (sent, outbox - while I can check what urgent has got stuck and I need to resend, draft - so useful as templates or for draft notes) OR it does not exist and I shall revert to my long serving E6 and stock up with a few more pieces before I can not get E6 anymore in the future. Hardly anyone thinks at BB people, not just business, are using text as the quickest means of communication.

Unless they believe every client of the business has to have the BB phone )) unless BB makers expect they will make up alone the businessman using BB phone clientele )))

Otherwise it looks it shall go back to the retailer within the DSR rules of 14 days, to teach the BB a lesson on the text business.
    02-23-15 03:37 PM
    Well if you want to see what has been delivered as a text message, you can set this to show a 'D' when delivered to the recipients phone. No 'D' no delivery. Simples
    02-23-15 03:47 PM
    I have never used BB before because it did not have the same sms functionality and PC suite what Nokia had. When mine E6 started slowing down due to data capacity, I looked once more into the newest BB model closely fitting E6.

I have just received it and discovered the PC suite sms functionality as much as on the phone is worse that I can remember having used the phones since they became market proliferated. It looks as if BB went back 20 years on the sms interface features.

Anyone has got any idea how I can recover the text folder functionality (sent, outbox - while I can check what urgent has got stuck and I need to resend, draft - so useful as templates or for draft notes) OR it does not exist and I shall revert to my long serving E6 and stock up with a few more pieces before I can not get E6 anymore in the future. Hardly anyone thinks at BB people, not just business, are using text as the quickest means of communication.

Unless they believe every client of the business has to have the BB phone )) unless BB makers expect they will make up alone the businessman using BB phone clientele )))

Otherwise it looks it shall go back to the retailer within the DSR rules of 14 days, to teach the BB a lesson on the text business.

hummm, what you are describing is the set up for emails..never seen that in text..but if you start a text without a name it will be an automatic draft on your phone. when sent a "D" appear as delivered. if it get stuck somewhere I think the provider is sending back something saying so ( but don't quote me on the last one)

Now if I did understand you right!!!

Edit..: even with name attach to it or replying to>>>>if you back out without sending it will become a draft
    02-23-15 03:50 PM
    Hmmm, I doubt major phone manufacturers will spend that much resources on sms functionality anymore, since it's a dying service anyways (I believe most people have mostly spams/ads/property ads on their sms inboxes nowadays)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:42 PM
    A phone that handles SMS like emails? Interesting but not very useful to me. Didn't even know that existed.
    02-24-15 07:07 AM
    Just to clarify what everyone is saying, you should see a green check if the message is sent.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:09 AM
    Hello,

I had no trouble sending the written instructions to my permanent staff and temporal, regardless of the phone or service they are on - this is the core of my quality control - the written instructions on the go. It is brilliant if I can not be on site and someone needs the urgent written confirmation to proceed.

Nokia has helped a lot with the now outphased Nokia PC Suite which I am still using. Their Nokia Suite is also doing a great job on the text search via all folders, although their 'use mobile via PC' interface somewhat went down in functionality.

I guess, before I keep sticking to Nokia E6 and in the future look into mobile app custom ordering if can not get hold of new enough Nokia E6s, I have the following function on Q20 only:
    1/ Draft Folder
    I understand there is no such separate folder, so when I save the draft like a note reminder to myself, I will have to scroll and search for all my little notes amongst the rest of texts, isn't it? there is no separate folder/place?
    I thought I would buy the TPL app for the Template folder and save all my notes in there, though turned out there draft is not saved as a BB Draft, may be a bug and may be resolved by TPL;
    2/ Templates
    I am commonly using this to store my text signatures and while my clients are more frequently have access via text than emails, it is very mandatory, thus my attempt to use TPL, as above.

I am directly involved in liaison with the private/non-business clients on daily basis and find many more have access on the go to the mobile text rather than emails, or someone would claim the reality is different???? Looks as if BB is made only for B2B but not fit for B2C, in the light of my latter sentence, shame such simple things are not capitalised by BB, whilst Nokia has given the way to the qwerty keypad mobiles, only for BB was left to make the use of all the low capacity needing features to maximise the market grip, but failed
    02-25-15 02:58 PM
    Funnily enough, I looked what is PIN messages about and it looks like BB cared enough to keep the Folder View for the BB proprietory PIN messaging service, as if expecting everyone will stream to PIN rather than use regular Text. Why to expect so high about the PIN or care only about PIN users, as if the market share is not troubling enough lately.

I think it may also be an obvious bug, despite the above debacle of keeping the draft notes, that the Draft is not saved despite the texting started unless the name/number is recipient is typed. What a waste time can be if the long message is started without the recipient entered!!
    02-25-15 03:16 PM
    Is anyone aware why when on BB Blend, click on Accounts, you have the search field for Find Folder but you can not search for any folder given there is only one Inbox and is already shown??

Looks as if someone skived to do the job or BB did not care to complete what started, any idea?
    02-25-15 03:31 PM
    Looks like your sms functionality on nokia pc suite was unique to them. Ios, android, windows phone and BlackBerry have never had that. Sounds like the suite is just like Link for BlackBerry, itunes, kies and any other package to sync your phone with your pc, but has that one extra piece of functionality, sending sms.

If that's a must-have, then you're only going to find it in pc suite. The bb10 os is so far beyond an e6 it's not even funny.
    02-25-15 03:32 PM
    I feel you.

Well you have to understand once SMS went threaded there are no more folder structures. You can have 1 draft per contact and as many drafts without recipient as you want, if that makes sense to you . There are no templates except those when you reject the phone call.

Templates should really be there and you should be able to pull em up just like emojis.

Filtering by sent/received and date could really be an awesome feature inside the threaded conversation.
    02-25-15 03:37 PM
    Your right with your observations. There isn't separate folders for txt messages. So managing of drafts is a bit troublesome unless you install some third party app.
    For templates you can define them as keyboard shortcuts in device settings. This way a combination of say 'brj' would get automatically substituted as 'best regards John'.
    02-25-15 04:10 PM
    Dear wojt7,

Your information is very interesting and incidentally may be a great option together with the third party template app. Can you please just a bit more elaborate so I know what to search for or ask BB customer support, still have got the BB premium 30 days after purchase helpline.

Many thanks to all.

p.s. I hope will work things out, given I need to evolve, later may be too late
    02-25-15 06:00 PM
    Hi. No problem.
    This option is called word substitution. You can find it in device settings - language and input - prediction and correction.
    Once there you can define your template and assign it to certain letters/numbers combination.
    I just tried it again and called my template 'temp1'. I assigned it to a long sentence saying 'hi this is John. Can you give me a call later. In a meeting now. Best regards. John Murray. IT Manager. Acme. Houston. Texas. Mobile 999666777.

Now when you compose an email, or text message or BBM, whatsup or whatever if you type 'temp1' it will always substitute it for your sentence of choice.
    Hope this is good work around for you.
    02-25-15 06:50 PM

I found the way round it:
    1/ I will create Draft1 as a contact, with as if contact number 1; then every time I type 1 or better Dr..., it will show as Draft1 contact and I can sort by it; I shall note Draft1 is deliberate so it is more practical to search by Draft1 rather than by Draft which, otherwise, will bring any other text body containing 'draft' words;
    2/ I will also utilise the 'prediction + correction' so to assign the draft subject at the start of the draft, so it will facilitate like a double filter when filtering the Drafts.

Finally workable, solved many thanks to you who responded and also helped me to get there Much appreciated.

And very finally, I have not been aware there is app Remember, so it perfectly renders the darftnote use of the text draft, although the above is useful if I have certain text drafts that I need sending more or less regularly, whilst from the PC.

BB is a great stuff )))))) I have got another life with my greatly improved commuication means
    Last edited by jonas7911; 02-26-15 at 02:03 PM.
    02-26-15 03:35 AM