Hi All,

I'm happily the proud owner of a new AT&T Blackberry Classic. Many thanks to all of your inputs (Raino in particular) in helping me source this specific variant with wireless charging and answering all my questions, I waited excitedly for 3 weeks for my Classic to ship from the USA - IE - SG.

I have been reading up on the wireless charging capabilities and wanted your opinion on a few things as I have some reservations about the best purchase. I don't mind spending a lot for quality that won't cause issues down the line, but I don't want to overspend either.

Blackberry: Classic
    Wierless Charging: PMA & Qi
    Model: SQC100-2
    Provider: AT&T

1. I understand the Classic is compatbile with both PMA & Qi charging units. Which mode of charging is it optimized for - PMA or Qi?

2. I've been reading most users charge using Qi as there is more selction for these charging units. Is there an advantage of using Qi over PMA (Faster Charge / Less Overheating on Backplate)?

3. Overheating worries me slightly depending on the brand of wireless charger you purchase and the power cord used. Understandably the BB will increase in heat slightly due to the effect of the charge and the coils. I'm not exactly looknig fry an egg on the back of my BB, what is the general consensus on the best brand to purchase for a desk charging unit that does not cause overheating issues? (Open to both Stand / Mat variants). Could you please link the product on Amazon.

4. Many users have had bad luck with the power cord failing on certain brands due to the quality or build, I've noticed some have purcahsed a playbook charging cord. Should I buy this on top of the charging unit just in case?

5. Is there a specific ampage I should get when purchasing the power cord / brick? Please note I am in Singapore, but require this to be used in the EU and USA too.

Appreciate all of your feedback.
    08-13-15 12:22 AM
    I am exclusively using the Tylt brand chargers. Yes they are pricier. But I have two home and one car charger and they all work flawlessly. What I have noticed about the car charger, is that it tends to overheat when left in direct sunlight on hot days. As I have it affixed to the windshield on the driver side. But on average or cool days it does not get warm or overheat.

I prefer the Tylt Vu charger over others for the simple slanted design. One in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    agaw likes this.
    08-13-15 08:00 PM
    Thanks Tundra,

Have you had any overheating issues with the indoor chargers using them in long run?

I've just purchased 2 VU chargers.
    Last edited by agaw; 08-14-15 at 12:02 AM.
    08-13-15 08:41 PM
    I use an Itian qi charger. It's a Tylt knock-off. Mr4Aces got unlucky with one that didn't work, but mine is fine and most reviews say they work fine except a few that complain that the included power plug fails. So I just went ahead and bought a Playbook charger to use as a power cord for it. The Itian charger costs around $25 and the playbook charger costs around $5 I think.

The AT&T Classic is optimized for PMA, but you'll find more qi chargers to choose from.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    agaw likes this.
    08-13-15 11:56 PM
    Thanks Tundra,

Have you had any overheating issues with the indoor chargers using them in long run?

I've just purchased 2 VU chargers.
    No prob. And no. Ive had zero issues with the Vu home chargers. And I leave them on the chargers whenever im at home.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    08-14-15 09:39 AM
    I use an Itian qi charger. It's a Tylt knock-off. Mr4Aces got unlucky with one that didn't work, but mine is fine and most reviews say they work fine except a few that complain that the included power plug fails. So I just went ahead and bought a Playbook charger to use as a power cord for it. The Itian charger costs around $25 and the playbook charger costs around $5 I think.

The AT&T Classic is optimized for PMA, but you'll find more qi chargers to choose from.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm not a patient person. So why it didn't work for me may work for others. I "think" the reason it got hot might have been what power source I used.

The itian is a great deal at $25. Being expensive doesn't mean it is the best.

I bought a BestFire car charger it did not heat up, so I ended up buying the desk model. $100 in chargers is a lot of money for wireless charging.

Recommend buying from Amazon. I had a problem trying to return the TYLT charger with a 3rd party seller. Amazon stepped in and just refunded me my expense to return the item in addition to the original cost.

@Agaw

Wise choice for long term use. After only 8 months I could tell the USB port was getting loose.

Having a built in battery puts a lot of use to the USB port. My 9900's port is almost as tight as it was new with an external battery charger, a charging dock and spare batteries.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-14-15 at 03:48 PM.
    08-14-15 03:15 PM