I just got my Classic yesterday, and having owned a lot of Blackberry phones one of the things I always loved about them was that battery life was great. I could go days without charging it.

However, after charging my phone to 100% at around 5pm, this morning when I woke up at 630am it was at 47%. I took it off the charger at 8am at 100% and without hardly using it at all it was down to 89% by 930am.

I checked the monitor and didn't find anything that seemed out of control. The system seemed to be the thing using most of the battery resources, but it didn't seem like it was too much.

I am pretty concerned about this, because at this rate it seems like I will need to get it on the charger mid day just to be sure its good to go for the rest of the night.

Anyone else had this problem and figured out whats killing it? I am thinking its got to be some kind of background function like the wifi or the gps. But I never had that problem on any other BB.
    08-13-15 01:07 PM
    You just said it yourself.
    You got it yesterday which means all the added accounts are synchronizing.
    This can have effect on batterylife for 3days.

Also turn of diagnostics, phoneconnections and advanced interactions if you don't use them

No panic mate

Posted via CB10
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-13-15 01:41 PM
    Thanks Ruben for the info. Makes a lot of sense. I will quietly exit panic mode now.
    OrdinaryMOE likes this.
    08-13-15 04:02 PM
    Thanks Ruben for the info. Makes a lot of sense. I will quietly exit panic mode now.
    I just picked up my Classic yesterday too, so was certainly having similar worries. The forum folks gave me a lot tips to fix the issues and now everything is good.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:18 PM
    Ruben is correct. Normally, my battery drains at a rate of between between 2-3 percent per hour.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:32 PM