So I bricked my Classic. Long story short, I applied too much Ghost Armor application solution and now the Classic won't fully boot. It just boots to the bberror 00-20, indicating some kind of battery damage. I suppose I could try to replace the battery, but watching the Karalux videos looked a little intimidating to replace the battery. The trackpad needs replacing too as it wasn't working first, before the phone stopped fully booting.

So now I got a bricked Classic. Should I keep trying to get it to boot? Or should I just sell it for parts? Or simply should I throw it away?

By the way, I have a fully functioning Passport which I'm using now. I used to switch between the two but I learned my lesson now, and I should just be grateful that I have a fully functioning Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:09 AM
    Sell it for parts.
    10-23-15 11:22 AM
    I watched the video... if you want, i'll try and open it... I've opened many blackberries/phones
    10-23-15 03:25 PM
    Since you have a fully functional passport, I would sell the classic for parts. Who knows what else is damaged, you may be spending money on something that will never work again.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:31 PM
    I watched the video... if you want, i'll try and open it... I've opened many blackberries/phones
    I watched it too. What's that white stretchy tape thing holding the battery to the circuit board??

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:51 PM
    Man that classic is the hardest phone to take apart in the whole world. And the battery is very soft. So when trying to get the super sticky white double sided tape off you end up bending the battery and damaging it. it's a bad deal. I took two apart and couldn't do it without bending the battery both times. I don't know if that causes permanent damage but both of those went back to verizon so I don't know but it didn't look good

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:42 PM
    Anyone here ever tried a Mobilifix store? Wonder if they're any good?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:42 PM
    I had to take my Classic in as the charging port died and my wife suggested CPR (Cell Phone Repair) Apparently it's a US franchise and they opened up a store recently in Etobicoke Ontario Canada, and I was hesitant, but took it in, and in 2 hours and under $100.00 had a fully working Classic again, and they do free estimates and $35.00 to open and look inside. Great customer service. If there is one near you, give it a shot.
    10-28-15 02:45 PM
    I watched it too. What's that white stretchy tape thing holding the battery to the circuit board??

Posted via CB10
    It's sticky "tape"

The z30 has it holding its battery too.... it's suuuuuper tacky
    10-28-15 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's sticky "tape"

The z30 has it holding its battery too.... it's suuuuuper tacky... it might have heat disappating properties too..
    10-28-15 05:25 PM
    I had to take my Classic in as the charging port died and my wife suggested CPR (Cell Phone Repair) Apparently it's a US franchise and they opened up a store recently in Etobicoke Ontario Canada, and I was hesitant, but took it in, and in 2 hours and under $100.00 had a fully working Classic again, and they do free estimates and $35.00 to open and look inside. Great customer service. If there is one near you, give it a shot.
    Wow, that's great to hear! Did they have to install any replacement parts into your Classic? I know my bricked Classic needs a new trackpad, so I wonder if such a store would have that in Stock; highly doubt it though.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:25 AM
    I got lucky, the parts warehouse was out of all port chargers but they had a dead classic in house and while they could not confirm that it worked they only charged $35 to try, and thankfully it worked perfectly. I got lucky as the guy said that Classic parts are hard to come by.
    10-29-15 12:28 PM
    Man that classic is the hardest phone to take apart in the whole world. And the battery is very soft. So when trying to get the super sticky white double sided tape off you end up bending the battery and damaging it. it's a bad deal. I took two apart and couldn't do it without bending the battery both times. I don't know if that causes permanent damage but both of those went back to verizon so I don't know but it didn't look good

Posted via CB10
    You're not supposed to try to peel the battery off the sticky tape. That's where you went wrong. You have to hook it with a pick and the peel the tape off the back before you take the battery out. But yes, it's not an easy job like the Q10 or Z10 is...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-29-15 03:04 PM
    Well I just dropped my Classic off at a Mobilifix store. Let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 05:02 PM
    yeah i know i just pulled the white tape and it started breaking off in pieces and before to long i had nothing left. I was forced to activate beast mode lol
    10-30-15 08:04 PM