Company just gave me a Classic to replace my Bold 9930, and it's a great improvement.

So, what is the best replacement for my waistband clip holster?

Ideally, I'll be able to grab the Classic fast if there's a phone call or email and NOT hit the wrong buttons when I pull the Classic out of the holster.

The holster I had for the Bold 9930 (made by BB) was always a bit tight, and I've read that the official BB holster for the Classic has the same problem -- too tight, and you hit all the buttons as you try to extract the Classic, causing your phone call to be forwarded to Tierra del Fuego.

Hey - attach a pic to your response!

And please give me brand name, model number and the number of books you read last month.

Thanks.
    12-30-15 02:56 PM
    Seidio, will post more details soon.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-30-15 03:16 PM
    http://www.seidioonline.com/blackber...p/hlbbclas.htm

BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-30-15 03:25 PM
    Seidio. I have 3 for my Classic and 2 for my Q. Back ups for my back ups...especially when they go on sale for half off on ShopCrackberry.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-30-15 09:15 PM
    slagman and gracal - many thanks for pointing me to Seidio. However, which do you prefer - the clip only without the protective case, or the clip with the case (more expensive). I'm tempted by the clip only because if I break the Classic, my company will replace it (as they did my prior BBs).
    BUT ... without the case, do you hit the buttons by mistake when the BB rings and you pull it out of the Seidio clip holster to answer? Does the case make a noticeable difference for that?
    01-01-16 09:51 AM
    I have used Seidio for as long as I can remember on all of my phones and all of them have been without the protective case. It adds another layer of protection, but I don't like bulky phones.

The phone goes in screen first so the back is exposed. The case has a built in magnet that works with the BlackBerry that turns the screen off so that if you do somehow touch the screen or buttons, nothing happens. There is also an option on BlackBerry that allows you to answer the phone when you take it out of the case and hang up when you put it back in (I don't use this feature)

The Classic is already as big as I want to get with a phone and I don't want to add any additional size to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 12:05 PM
    slagman and gracal - many thanks for pointing me to Seidio. However, which do you prefer - the clip only without the protective case, or the clip with the case (more expensive). I'm tempted by the clip only because if I break the Classic, my company will replace it (as they did my prior BBs).
    BUT ... without the case, do you hit the buttons by mistake when the BB rings and you pull it out of the Seidio clip holster to answer? Does the case make a noticeable difference for that?
    Nah, to take it out of the holster you simply grab the sides and push the release tab with your finger. It pops right out so you don't need to have like a death grip on your phone so there are no accidental button presses. I always use my phone naked. Cannot stand cases...

01-02-16 08:36 AM
    Got the seidio - working good - still tend to hit the buttons when I pull it out but at same time happy I did not get case.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 02:44 PM
    What Slagman said... I too use the Seidio clip holster. The only "disadvantage", and it's minor, is the possibility of dropping the phone while you're trying to grab it out of the holster. But that's mostly what we call "butter fingers."

Once you holster, you can't go back. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 05:59 PM
    Still using the seidio mentioned here, but I still tend to hit the buttons when I pull it out, and then it's showing weird stuff. That part is frustrating.
    01-17-16 06:57 AM
    Another vote for the plain Seidio.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 09:21 AM
    Still using the seidio mentioned here, but I still tend to hit the buttons when I pull it out, and then it's showing weird stuff. That part is frustrating.
    I don't think you're physically hitting the keys. Mine does that too and I know for sure I'm not getting anywhere close to touching the keys. I think it's a software glitch when it goes in and out of holster mode, lol.

01-17-16 10:47 AM