The phone is used only in Australia. I have heard that Opera Mini is good
    05-17-16 09:00 PM
    Any feature that the default BB10 is lacking that you're looking for?
    You could also try the free 'QBrowser'.

If you're looking for ad-blocking, I'd recommend the paid 'Browsie Browser' or 'Evolution Browser'.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-17-16 09:59 PM
    Yes. Have Evolution on both Z10 and Classic.
    05-18-16 09:20 AM
    Browsie Bowser is great because you can change the user agent. Websites behave much better if they think they are dealing with an iPhone or Android device - especially video and drop down menus.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-18-16 09:33 AM
    If you need Flash, use Zeus browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 09:35 AM
    With keyboard shortcuts in the stock browser, I can't use any of the other ones without getting frustrated. U will highlight the url field so you can quickly type a new url, G goes to like a launchpad page where you can either type a new url or select from an array of recently visited websites, W brings up the Side menu with the list of tabs so you can quickly select or close tabs using the trackpad or touchscreen, T goes to the top, B to the bottom, L to refresh the page, and there are others. But most of these 3rd party browsers don't make use of the keyboard this way. With Evolution browser, if you need to type a new url, you'll need to touch the url bar, and even then it doesn't highlight the existing url for you, you then need to highlight the existing url or delete it manually, then you type the new url. So much extra work compared to simply pressing U then typing the new url as in the stock browser. Yes I've tried to bring that suggestion to the developer many times, always ignored. So I uninstalled the app...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-16 02:35 PM
    With keyboard shortcuts in the stock browser, I can't use any of the other ones without getting frustrated. U will highlight the url field so you can quickly type a new url, G goes to like a launchpad page where you can either type a new url or select from an array of recently visited websites, W brings up the Side menu with the list of tabs so you can quickly select or close tabs using the trackpad or touchscreen, T goes to the top, B to the bottom, L to refresh the page, and there are others. But most of these 3rd party browsers don't make use of the keyboard this way. With Evolution browser, if you need to type a new url, you'll need to touch the url bar, and even then it doesn't highlight the existing url for you, you then need to highlight the existing url or delete it manually, then you type the new url. So much extra work compared to simply pressing U then typing the new url as in the stock browser. Yes I've tried to bring that suggestion to the developer many times, always ignored. So I uninstalled the app...

Those shortcuts work with Browsie Browser as well. The only thing I miss from the BB10 browser that I can't do on Browsie is the 'pinch and zoom' using the Passport's touch sensitive KB.

05-18-16 03:51 PM
    Those shortcuts work with Browsie Browser as well. The only thing I miss from the BB10 browser that I can't do on Browsie is the 'pinch and zoom' using the Passport's touch sensitive KB.

Hm, thanks for sharing that. I'll check that one out.

05-18-16 10:32 PM
    Trying out Browsie, so far it looks ok, I guess they added the shortcuts after I tried it before because I see that it was already purchased in BBW, lol. But anyway, know how to open a local file in it? The url to open local files like in the stock browser doesn't work on browsie, know what format it is? I have my own homepage I want to use. If you don't know that, happen to know how to contact the developer? The option for contacting the developer in BBW isn't there for him...

05-19-16 05:57 AM
    The phone is used only in Australia. I have heard that Opera Mini is good
    I have heard that Opera Mini intercepts all your https traffic per mitm attack.
    See further details on

Redirection and decryption of mobile traffic: Is your browser a MitM? - TechRepublic

Quote:
    " If you need full end-to-end encryption, you should use a full web browser such as Opera Mobile.

Just to be clear "end-to-end encryption," in this case, means HTTPS (encrypted) traffic travels to a remote web server, a bank for example, unhampered (not decrypted).
    "
    05-19-16 06:31 AM
    I notice most of the keyboard shortcuts work in Browsie except for the zoom ones? Is there any way to zoom on a classic without touching the screen in Browsie?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 06:28 PM
    I notice most of the keyboard shortcuts work in Browsie except for the zoom ones? Is there any way to zoom on a classic without touching the screen in Browsie?

Posted via CB10
    That and typing a url you can't simply type a space in place of manually doing alt-m to type the dots(ie to go to crackberry.com you just have to type crackberry com and it'll automatically put in the dot. Really helpful for addresses with multiple parts). So... back to the default browser I go.

05-19-16 06:40 PM
    That and typing a url you can't simply type a space in place of manually doing alt-m to type the dots(ie to go to crackberry.com you just have to type crackberry com and it'll automatically put in the dot. Really helpful for addresses with multiple parts). So... back to the default browser I go.

Yeah just a few of these things missing that are in the native browser make me stick to the native more often, even though I like Browsie for the ad blocking and the more control you have.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 06:43 PM
    I have BB10 browser, Browsie Browser and Zeus installed on my Classic... 9 times out of 10 I use the BB10 Private browser or BB10 browser... Zeus comes in handy for flash... I bought Browsie, it's cute and the developer had always shown love for the app, but I seldom use it... I'm fairly vanilla on most fronts... Stock is usually how I prefer to roll...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 06:54 PM
    I have BB10 browser, Browsie Browser and Zeus installed on my Classic... 9 times out of 10 I use the BB10 Private browser or BB10 browser... Zeus comes in handy for flash... I bought Browsie, it's cute and the developer had always shown love for the app, but I seldom use it... I'm fairly vanilla on most fronts... Stock is usually how I prefer to roll...

Posted via CB10
    You are like me, I also use Zeus for flash and stock browser or private browser. But I'm going to go ahead and uninstall browsie again. Much better than before but still not quite there yet.

CivilDissident likes this.
    05-19-16 06:59 PM
    You are like me, I also use Zeus for flash and stock browser or private browser. But I'm going to go ahead and uninstall browsie again. Much better than before but still not quite there yet.

Agreed... I support developers with good apps... Browsie is good if you want to really customize and tweak your browser it looks and feels a lot like stock without being stock... But I prefer simplistic and basic at the end of the day... Bells and whistles not needed... I just want to browse...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 07:03 PM
    Agreed... I support developers with good apps... Browsie is good if you want to really customize and tweak your browser it looks and feels a lot like stock without being stock... But I prefer simplistic and basic at the end of the day... Bells and whistles not needed... I just want to browse...

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I don't think I could go back to browsing without an ad-blocker on my mobile or PC.
    Even when I use Zeus Browser, I'm sure to use the Ad blocker from Shao.

05-19-16 08:18 PM

The developer said the i/o zoom will happen in the next version of Browsie...just not sure when that is. Apparently he has a beta that people could try, but no idea how many are testing for him..
    05-20-16 08:21 AM
    The developer said the i/o zoom will happen in the next version of Browsie...just not sure when that is. Apparently he has a beta that people could try, but no idea how many are testing for him..
    I don't care much about the i/o zoom. I care more about easily typing urls. Replacing the dots with spaces make typing urls so much quicker. They don't support that and haven't seen it mentioned as an upcoming feature. So for now I'll stick with the stock browser. I'll check back on it every now and then...

05-20-16 09:00 AM
    Oh wow! If this happens then that's my only main complaint left with Browsie, minus the growing site incompatibility... but that's a problem with the stock browser as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 09:20 AM

I'm still learning...U and W will change my life. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 12:47 PM
    I'm still learning...U and W will change my life. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Probably among the two most used ones for me. :-)

Edit: So if you also have the Classic, remember to close a tab, W -> highlight tab from tab list -> swipe right on trackpad -> click down on track pad

Quicker than using the touchscreen because it's less movement with your thumb to go from keyboard to trackpad

deadcowboy likes this.
    05-20-16 01:59 PM
    I use from beginning native browser.
    Don't need any more apps - don't change a running system. :-)
    05-22-16 07:26 AM
    Probably among the two most used ones for me. :-)

Edit: So if you also have the Classic, remember to close a tab, W -> highlight tab from tab list -> swipe right on trackpad -> click down on track pad

Quicker than using the touchscreen because it's less movement with your thumb to go from keyboard to trackpad

This is why I LOVE Browsie. To close a tab, press the "x" key. That's all. One action. "Y" opens a new one. Zoom aside, it's so much faster to browse with the Classics keys vs the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:01 AM
    This is why I LOVE Browsie. To close a tab, press the "x" key. That's all. One action. "Y" opens a new one. Zoom aside, it's so much faster to browse with the Classics keys vs the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad entering a url takes longer on browsie, that makes more of a difference for me because the stock browser way to close a tab, even though it's more steps, can still be done one-handed unlike needing to type a dot. Well, you can but it'll involve reaching over for the alt, then reaching back for the m. Also, when I go to close tabs, many times I close more than one at a time, so the W method works fine for that. If they either add the space for dots shortcuts in browsie or add the tab keyboard shortcuts in the stock, that would be perfect, lol.

05-22-16 12:08 PM
35 12