07-27-15 10:28 AM
40 12
tools
    Same here with the Nilkin tempered glass protector, I got air bubbles on the top right corner, first right besides the LED, the other one besides the volume up button.
    Tried to refit the protector two times, both with similar results. I don't know whether this is caused by the device or the tempered glass.

Posted via CB10
    It's the device. My air pockets are in exactly the same place. Such a shame because I think the Nillkin is a good product...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:37 AM
    Nillkin anti-glare(matte) screen protector. Trust me, it fits perfect on the Classic, easy to push the bubbles out during application, and smooth as silk

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:42 AM
    Do people still use privacy screen protectors, and if so do any of these tempered glass screen protectors come in a privacy version? Loved the privacy screens on my Bold devices, but I haven't been able to use them with an iPhone because it lacks the LED notification light. These tempered glass protectors seem like the right way to go, but I'd love to also have the privacy
    02-06-15 11:19 AM
    There are some that have the privacy film on them already- but doubtful for the classic because accessories like this are usually limited in scale to popularity. So like galaxy and iphones have what you want most likely and BlackBerry devices it's up in the air.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:20 PM
    II don't see any reason to put screen protectors on Gorilla Glass displays...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:39 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks gorilla glass doesn't need a screen protector? I never got a scratch on any phone that has gorilla glass and I drop my phone often.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    YES! Although much more resistant to scratching than a pmma or reg glass screen, gorrilla glass will harbour micro scratches eventually so it's always a good idea to install a screen protector!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:55 AM
    I am still curious whether the screens really aren't completely flat or not. This would be the first smartphone I own where a flat display isn't, well, flat at all. Also it would be interesting to know whether this is just a random issue on some units, or if the whole production line is affected.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:36 AM
    Got this from Amazon and been great. SUPERSHIELDZ- High Definition Clear Screen Protector For BlackBerry Classic / Q20 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6-PACK] -

Posted via Classic
    02-08-15 09:06 AM
    Yes, bubbles at the top right near led and volume buttons. This is the 2nd glass protector I got from another manufacturer and both are good quality ones. Exactly the same spot even though I cleaned it well.
    I seriously think there's some production line issue / defects here from BlackBerry Classic.
    I had used for my BlackBerry Q10 and it looks real nice and almost perfect but now for the classic...
    03-25-15 08:54 PM
    I still don't think it's worth it! Just keep it as it is.
    03-26-15 04:59 PM
    Looked into getting the Phantom Glass but with shipping from Canada.....Yikes!

Is there a distributor here in US that carries it for the Classic? I couldn't find it on Amazon.
    07-27-15 07:54 AM
    I've got fosman anti glare (they make HD as well) and the thing is PERFECTLY cut. Edge to edge and minimal cutout for ear piece, proximity and camera). I've had a few classics and was lucky with my lastest once which has the toolbelt sitting higher than the screen so it is seamless up swiping because levels near match after applying. If your screen is level or higher than the tool belt you can expect an edge with you do up swipe gesture.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:59 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks gorilla glass doesn't need a screen protector? I never got a scratch on any phone that has gorilla glass and I drop my phone often.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    I too agree with this. In fact, since Gorilla Glass came out a few years ago I've never had to use screen protectors anymore. I actually don't like using cases and protectors on my devices (feels like buying a car or couch and still keeping them wrapped, etc).

But then again, that's just probably cause of how I use my devices (and I rarely drop things as well). I also don't put them in bags or pockets with keys or anything sharp. My Z10's screen is still pristine after 2 years of abuse without a screen protector and that's not even GG3.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 08:57 AM
    Yeah I had to use a generic plastic ebay cheapo for scratch protection because none of the 3 glass ones I used would fit without bubbles on the sides because the darn screen has waves.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 10:24 AM
    Oh, no. I just ordered another glass screen.
    07-27-15 10:28 AM
40 12