Can anyone explain me what is bedside mode and how to make the most out of it

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 04:49 AM
    With the bed side mode, you can switch on settings for the night with one click. In the settings menu of the watch, you are able to define what your BlackBerry should do when bed side mode is on. Should it ring when someone calls, do you want to have mobile data on/off etc. Also your phone shows a watch the whole night, if you want to.

In my opinion, it's a great feature - fast and nice to have.

Matze, 21, Germany (2BF822F1 - feel free to add!)
    09-12-15 05:36 AM
    Basically shuts off all sorts of notifications, sounds and LED so there's no disturbing in the night. Also battery save mode is part of bed side mode.

My Tip: Add bed side mode to the quick setting menu. I have it there...use it every night.

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    09-12-15 05:41 AM
    When you put your phone next to your bed at night, just swipe down from the lock screen and you're in bedside mode. It is very convenient, one of the best features BlackBerry has in my opinion. You'll have no blinking lights at night that way and in the morning when you exit bedside mode, you'll have all your notifications right there.

By the way, you can also set your phone to enter battery saving mode when in bedside mode automatically.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 06:31 AM
    Bedside mode used with the alarm clock has completely taken me need for a wall plugged alarm clock. I also love that regardless how I change the volume buttons before bed, the alarm volume is always at the same, set level.

 Classic
    09-12-15 08:59 AM
    Even silencing the phone will do that what is so special about bedside mode and someone told me watch will stay whole night but it disseapers after sometime

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:05 PM
    Everyone in my family wants their phone to have bedside mode.

It's a brilliant feature.
    Last edited by kenzo_44; 09-16-15 at 01:36 AM.
    09-12-15 12:09 PM
    Even silencing the phone will do that what is so special about bedside mode and someone told me watch will stay whole night but it disseapers after sometime

Posted via CB10
    I believe that the phone must be plugged in so that you can see the clock all night.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to change any profile settings in order to silence your phone and turn off all LED notifications. You can switch to bedside mode just from the lockscreen. You have your alarm clock right there. You have your clock showing if you want, when plugged in.

It's a good and handy feature, nothing groundbreaking, but I still like it a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:45 PM
    Use it every night including when I travel..great to use the alarm clock with bedside mode while charging. As others have said it basically shuts down notifications when enabled (configurable, though but default I think it shuts down everything other than phone calls).
    Displays the clock in a great red hue which is easy on your eyes in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 03:17 PM
    I use the bedside mode while my SE Passport is in my charging pod. Totally eliminates the need for an alarm clock. If I wake up at any hour, I can see the clock. I prefer the digital clock over the analog.
    You can set your call and notifications preferences.
    Absolutely wonderful feature of the BB10 OS.
    09-12-15 03:23 PM