I see no advantage to place a pre-order now.
    1. There is no specifications.
    2. Will there be "coupons" later?
    3. Will Amazon have a better deal?
    Edit: 4. Model SQC-100-4 without wireless charging?

I think if Blackberry wants to amp up the pre-orders at least give the specs and/or a $50 discount.

I agree with "voice your opinion with your wallet".

Pre-ordering without specs is like ordering a mail order bride. The only advantage is bragging rights.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-18-14 at 07:37 PM.
    11-18-14 12:34 PM
    Only one possible advantage seems to me. That is earliest delivery.

My Classic is ordered. Now waiting for more news and a shipping date.
    11-18-14 12:38 PM
    Earliest delivery, possible day-one availability is the only reason. Besides that, especially for Germany, there wouldn't be any reasons to order at ShopBlackBerry anyways, since customer service lags behind any other shops in our country. Starts with order cancelation and ends with returning the device.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-18-14 01:19 PM

Earliest delivery, possible day-one availability is the only reason. Besides that, especially for Germany, there wouldn't be any reasons to order at ShopBlackBerry anyways, since customer service lags behind any other shops in our country. Starts with order cancelation and ends with returning the device.

Posted via CB10
    I might not like a few things about the Q20, but what choice do 9900 users have? I'm willing to accept that now that BB10 is where was suppose to be 2 years ago, but I want confirmed specs on the ordering page.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    11-18-14 01:38 PM
    Were you here for the Passport shortage problems?
    The advantage is avoiding experiencing that.

While Chen said that carriers will be prepared to sell in stores on December 17th (launch day) I say there's no guarantee of availability and supplies at stores will probably limited.
    Melissa Seymour and Mr4aces like this.
    11-18-14 02:13 PM

While Chen said that carriers will be prepared to sell in stores on December 17th (launch day) I say there's no guarantee of availability and supplies at stores will probably limited.
    I would hope the specs come out at least 2 weeks before launch date. I will order before this date if specs are at least what was leaked. I don't think having to wait for the second batch would be all that bad after waiting 6 months.
    11-18-14 05:39 PM
    As you may have noticed, the ShopBB listing is scarce on specs. So in absence of those, I would go with what thurask has posted, which is that the -4 does not have wireless charging, but the -2 does.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-fcc-977376/

Another reason why not to pre-order without specs, If you are on ATT you would want the SQC-100-2 version with wireless charging. Other wise you will be getting SQC-100-4 without wireless charging.
    11-18-14 06:12 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

This!... ordered Passport on launch day am... shopblackberry delivered two days later!.. no waiting.. productive happy camper...

From my flawless Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 06:35 PM
    This!... ordered Passport on launch day am... shopblackberry delivered two days later!.. no waiting.. productive happy camper...

From my flawless Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    PassPort has different specs than the Q20. The pre-order SQC-100-4 does not have wireless charging. So, if you are on ATT (SQC-100-2) you are giving up a lot just to get the device early.
    11-18-14 07:07 PM
    All the money goes directly to BlackBerry vice being skimmed off of the top from the carriers or Amazon
    11-18-14 07:16 PM
    PassPort has different specs than the Q20. The pre-order SQC-100-4 does not have wireless charging. So, if you are on ATT (SQC-100-2) you are giving up a lot just to get the device early.
    Do you have a motive here other than pretending to ask an innocent question?
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-18-14 07:17 PM
    Will the SQC-100-4 have LTE on At&t? I pre ordered as well but was unsure about the lte?

My SE Q10 from Amazon is also the wrong one, so I only get 4G which is not a big deal to me...but I'd like to have the right model if possible.

I'm sure BlackBerry will confirm orders to see what carrier(s) we are on?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:17 PM
    Will the SQC-100-4 have LTE on At&t? I pre ordered as well but was unsure about the lte?

My SE Q10 from Amazon is also the wrong one, so I only get 4G which is not a big deal to me...but I'd like to have the right model if possible.

I'm sure BlackBerry will confirm orders to see what carrier(s) we are on?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what LTE band ATT uses, but the SQC-100-2 supports a wider range, so it will cover Europe LTE bands.

Don't think they will confirm. Better check with them before they charge your card. Let us know what you find out.
    11-18-14 07:22 PM
    Are the amount credited to your card only when it's shipped?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:02 PM
    Do you have a motive here other than pretending to ask an innocent question?
    Just my inquirying mind.

I'm sure there are op that don't know the 100-4 model does not have wireless charging and shop.blackberry doesn't state any specs.
    11-18-14 08:52 PM
    Others are saying it's billed when you place the order, not when it ships
    that's right
    11-18-14 10:23 PM
    What I have read is that a credit card gets billed when it ships but a paypal payment will deduct in full immediately.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:59 PM
    What I have read is that a credit card gets billed when it ships but a paypal payment will deduct in full immediately.

Posted via CB10
    Whenever BB states the specs and if it's the ATT 100-2 version. I plan to use PayPal easy pay over 6 months. Buying it outright is cheaper then adding to the ATT contract. If the 100-2 version is not available I will wait for Amazon and see what edition they will be selling. As a last resort ATT or Ebay.

Trying to break out of my contracts with devices. This will give me leverage when other carriers lower their plans.

I feel the 100-2 version will be worth more money because of the wireless charging and the broader range LTE for use in Europe. If it cost the same price why settle for the 100-4?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-19-14 at 01:38 PM.
    11-18-14 11:36 PM

Your lucky I envy u

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-19-14 10:37 AM
    Blackberry starts pre-order on Classic early without even put out the spec. because it wants to know how much demand for this particular device, so it cans manufacture the right amount without worrying about inventory write off in the future. This my opinion only!
    Mr4aces and emkay47 like this.
    11-19-14 10:54 AM
    Blackberry starts pre-order on Classic early without even put out the spec. because it wants to know how much demand for this particular device, so it cans manufacture the right amount without worrying about inventory write off in the future. This my opinion only!
    I think it's a pretty good opinion with one caveat. Foxconn is manufacturing the Classic IIRC, and Foxconn as a manufacturer is likely to be able to respond with a lot more flexibility and ability to churn out quantities than we saw with the Passport, should demand be stronger than anticipated. I assume that because Foxconn is manufacturing this, the components on the Classic won`t be as special as the Passport's components are, i.e. lead times will be much shorter for those waiting for Classic and inventory risk to BB will be lower.

Back on topic, my iPhone is dead to me and I debated Passport but decided I`m still not totally convinced. Decided to order the Classic and return it if I don`t love it, then buy the passport. So for me too the advantage is getting the Classic as early as possible to make a decision and never mind the extra $50 I could lose in time and any return costs.
    Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    11-19-14 11:38 AM