May not be exciting to most of you, but I was SO excited to do so! I wanted to see the Classic before I get one on Thurs.
    Anyway, I'm coming from the 9930 for texting and emails and a Note 4 for pics, FB etc... so I'm pretty excited about this upgrade to combine. I know the PP isn't coming to VZ, but I wanted to see it and try them both out.
    I played with the PP first and it was bigger than I had invisioned. Wider. Gorgeous screen. That's where my interest ended. I did NOT like the keyboard. At all. The numbers and symbols are not on the keyboard (I knew that, just forgot I guess). I had to go to the msg app to see where they went to. They appear above the keyboard and you have to hunt it. Coming from 9930, I double space to put a period in and alt whatever for the other stuff. This was totally different and sort of like half a BB keyboard. It is well balanced in your hands tho. You can swipe the actual keyboard to move around, but I had to swipe like 3 times to get it to move. I'm sure it was just me. It's very well built and heavier too than I imagined.
    The Classic was right beside it and my brain communicated with my hands on this bigger keyboard and I went to town on it.
    I had read on here that the OS is slow. I went on websites, took pictures in the store and went on FB at the same time and it wasn't slow at all! I have a Note 4, so I'm used to fast speeds and the Classic was fine.
    I really experimented with the camera because I read it was slow to focus and I love to take pics of family and share. It was faster than my Note 4 at focusing! I took pics of words up close and the wall across the store and it was as fast or faster as the Note and sharp. My Note 4 can't take close ups hardly and this phone did it with no probs.
    Texting was a dream and my thumbs knew right what to do! Lol
    I'm trying to understand what people on here are talking about with some of the negative reviews, but I honestly didn't see anything. I don't play games or anything that requires super speed I guess. This was a great phone.
    I know a lot of people here own and use both phones aggressively, but for me, a regular person, the classic is wonderful and I can't wait till Thursday!
    02-22-15 01:27 PM
    Hey i'm an old bb guy from away back, and i get pretty excited with these new phones, they are great.
    02-22-15 01:33 PM
    It's gonna be a breeze for your transition to the Classic since you're already so accustomed to the 9930. by the way, I thought I heard that the Passport is also coming to Verizon on Feb 26. I would love to try out the Classic but the screen is too small for me that's why I have chosen the Passport for its bigger screen estate and unique form factor.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 02-22-15 at 03:08 PM.
    joan006 likes this.
    02-22-15 01:35 PM
    The PP was beautiful and so different looking than all the other phones in there and it really is beautiful. I can imagine someone who's brain isn't fixated on the BB keyboard to really conquer the learning curve with it, but I'm wise enough to know that isn't me. It's a thing to behold for sure.
    The classic was heavier too in a well-balanced way. The keyboard clicked firmly when I mashed on the letters and I didn't see any of those pixels people have talked about, and I looked. My daughter had the Q10, and the screens layout was like that. The toolbelt DOES work great with it and I especially loved the back button. It feels higher quality than the Q10 and is worlds better than the 9930.
    02-22-15 01:53 PM
    It takes about three days to get use to the Passport, and when you do you love it,
    joan006 likes this.
    02-22-15 01:59 PM
    I felt the same way OP felt seeing them in store although I would give the passport a bit more thought if it was coming to VZ (it's not. Not at least in the near future).

The classic is the "right choice" but the passport has a lot of "wow power". Not sure if that would last long though. Recurring thought - would be so happy is the classic was speced up a bit more. I know that convo is beat to death and I'm overall ok with its current build. It's just when you walk in and see the classic and the passport side by side for the first time knowing one is a beast and the other has dated internals, it weighs on your decision.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:42 PM
    I was thinking the same way about the dated specs of the Classic and wonder how long it will be supported down the road. Hopefully it won't get thrown under the bus like the PlayBook fiasco where it was promised for BB10 OS update.

I felt the same way OP felt seeing them in store although I would give the passport a bit more thought if it was coming to VZ (it's not. Not at least in the near future).

The classic is the "right choice" but the passport has a lot of "wow power". Not sure if that would last long though. Recurring thought - would be so happy is the classic was speced up a bit more. I know that convo is beat to death and I'm overall ok with its current build. It's just when you walk in and see the classic and the passport side by side for the first time knowing one is a beast and the other has dated internals, it weighs on your decision.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:07 PM
    Congratulations Bud you'll love the Classic .
    joan006 likes this.
    02-22-15 03:11 PM
    I agree with you about the PP, the phone just isn't practical & the AT&T folks I was talking with said it hasn't been well received!
    ...The Store Reps however were having sort of a FIGHT as to who would get the Classic Seed Devices!!!

I also agree with you about the Classic getting undeserved negative reviews! I've probably historically been the most negative poster in these forums and frankly LOVE the Classic - this is the phone BB should have released instead of the Q10! My fear is that many folks who may have been interested looked and test drove the Q10 and at that point gave up on the Brand.

The Classic was done right and the only thing I'm immediately seeing BB should have done is gave the phone the ability to rename a picture AFTER you push the BB key. At least the phone CAME WITH Password Keeper.
    Last edited by pythons; 02-22-15 at 06:35 PM.
    joan006 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:49 PM
    I was thinking the same way about the dated specs of the Classic and wonder how long it will be supported down the road. Hopefully it won't get thrown under the bus like the PlayBook fiasco where it was promised for BB10 OS update.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's fair to assume that any phone really has only a 2 year support life. The classic will likely be supported for at least 2 more years if not more. Remember they expect enterprise to gobble these guys up so they will have to support it.

If anything software optimizations should make the classic better. Just assume it won't get the 10.5 upgrade. By then you will be ready for the classic 2 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:51 PM
    According to Verizon, Passport is coming, they just haven't been given a release date yet. (FYI)

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:33 PM
    May not be exciting to most of you, but I was SO excited to do so! I wanted to see the Classic before I get one on Thurs.
    Anyway, I'm coming from the 9930 for texting and emails and a Note 4 for pics, FB etc... so I'm pretty excited about this upgrade to combine. I know the PP isn't coming to VZ, but I wanted to see it and try them both out.
    I played with the PP first and it was bigger than I had invisioned. Wider. Gorgeous screen. That's where my interest ended. I did NOT like the keyboard. At all. The numbers and symbols are not on the keyboard (I knew that, just forgot I guess). I had to go to the msg app to see where they went to. They appear above the keyboard and you have to hunt it. Coming from 9930, I double space to put a period in and alt whatever for the other stuff. This was totally different and sort of like half a BB keyboard. It is well balanced in your hands tho. You can swipe the actual keyboard to move around, but I had to swipe like 3 times to get it to move. I'm sure it was just me. It's very well built and heavier too than I imagined.
    The Classic was right beside it and my brain communicated with my hands on this bigger keyboard and I went to town on it.
    I had read on here that the OS is slow. I went on websites, took pictures in the store and went on FB at the same time and it wasn't slow at all! I have a Note 4, so I'm used to fast speeds and the Classic was fine.
    I really experimented with the camera because I read it was slow to focus and I love to take pics of family and share. It was faster than my Note 4 at focusing! I took pics of words up close and the wall across the store and it was as fast or faster as the Note and sharp. My Note 4 can't take close ups hardly and this phone did it with no probs.
    I'm trying to understand what people on here are talking about with some of the negative reviews, but I honestly didn't see anything. I don't play games or anything that requires super speed I guess. This was a great phone.
    I know a lot of people here own and use both phones aggressively, but for me, a regular person, the classic is wonderful and I can't wait till Thursday!
    You cannot appreciate the Passport keyboard just playing with it few minutes at the store.. give the Passport a couple of days and the 9930 or even the Classic will look like an outdated typewriter .

Muscle memory is extremely important however.. and if you want feel comfortable typing on the new BB10.. definitely the Classic is for you! Enjoy your baby and maybe down the road you can consider an upgrade to the Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:51 PM
    I did the same thing, going to AT&T to see the two models on release day (20 Feb.). Initially I was all revved up for the Passport. Then, hearing that Verizon would NOT carry it, I started to focus on the Classic. I actually convinced myself that the Classic was a better fit for me and I was all revved up for it. Now, however, after seeing the Classic and Passport side by side, I'm in love with the Passport again and not so much with the Classic. So it's a waiting game again, hoping against hope that Verizon eventually gets the Passport. So far nothing as appeared at the FCC that suggests a CDMA Passport is being made.
    02-22-15 06:18 PM
    True. If people just pick up the Passport and use it right away, it's gonna take a lot of time to master the combination of virtual keys as well as the physical, capacitive keyboard. One should give the Passport a few weeks of usage to really appreciate how great it is. But again it's not a phone for everyone.

You cannot appreciate the Passport keyboard just playing with it few minutes at the store.. give the Passport a couple of days and the 9930 or even the Classic will look like an outdated typewriter .

Muscle memory is extremely important however.. and if you want feel comfortable typing on the new BB10.. definitely the Classic is for you! Enjoy your baby and maybe down the road you can consider an upgrade to the Passport

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:20 PM
    According to Verizon, Passport is coming, they just haven't been given a release date yet. (FYI)

Posted via CB10
    No. Nothing at all has suggested this. No verizon leaks or fcc filings for a cdma variant. Both blackberry and att claim that the passport is att exclusive. Yes the words exclusive could be used "for now". So if you have anything of substance to add like a leak or an announcement please add it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:32 PM
    Went to the local AT&T store in Orlando yesterday to play with the demos. I had my mind set on the Classic but now I'm torn between the Passport and Classic. They were both on display but the Classic was dead. I took the charger from the Passport and put it on the Classic. I like the larger screen on the Passport but not sure about the keyboard. I have a Q10 now and I'm not sure I could get use to the Passport keyboard. As for the Classic, I loved everything about it, sure the specs a little outdated but it was great. Such a hard choice.

Went to AT&T and played with PP and Classic!!!-img_20150221_132818.jpg
    Went to AT&T and played with PP and Classic!!!-img_20150221_132826.jpg

Posted via my At&t Q10
    02-23-15 11:25 AM
    Can't go wrong with a Note 4 and a Classic! Best of both worlds lol

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-23-15 03:11 PM
    For me, a BlackBerry Classic for work and my Ipad is best of both world

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:37 PM
    I guess i have to find a larger ATT store here in San Antonio because the hone here in Helotes says they dont have anyone asking for BB and I would have to drive else where to see if they have them..

**** wipes
    02-23-15 05:11 PM