Stopped by my local ATT store to check out the Classic (I already have a Passport) since I am considering buying an unlocked one as well for travel (the smaller size can be useful) . First off.. good experience at the store, the guy I just happened to speak to is also a blackberry user/ fan, so it was fun chatting with him, plus he loved checking out the passport.

Anyway, they had a classic on display and I have to say, great looking device, very good design. When I was with Sprint I had a Q10, which I loved, but the Classic was a far more premium looking device. You can also see clearly that screen is bigger.

Actually, in my hands, the entire phone felt larger/wider than the Q10. The track pad was cool, easy to navigate with, I didn't find much particular use for the menu button though... dunno. Using the keyboard though, I did miss the physical 4th row.. much preferred over the virtual version on the passport. But... I certainly missed the touch sensitive keyboard of the passport. Ohhh if we could combine the two on the passport....

But, all in all great phone... I would say if you are thinking of getting one, do so... in my short time with the device I was impressed. I think I will be getting one myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:53 PM
    Just picked up an unlocked one from Amazon warehouse deals myself. I also have a Passport. I must say that so far I'm pretty I'm pressed with the classic. Going to use it as my daily driver the next few days and see how it compares.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:56 PM
    It seems like so many ppl are end up buying both pp and classic. I want classic!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:19 PM
    You guys are right many people end up with both, getting my Passport next week have the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:34 PM
    I am one of those crazy people. I bought the Classic first, liked it a lot, but then made the mistake of trying the Passport. Now I just can't go back. The PP is fast, fluid; battery lasts 2 days. I keep trying the Classic every now and then, but I can't type on it any more.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 04-08-15 at 01:17 AM.
    04-07-15 05:53 PM
    As my daily driver, the passport will definitely be it... but for traveling, especially internationally... having the smaller phone would be useful... and when needed, less likely to attract attention. But the fact that I really wouldn't lose any functionality is a huge plus

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:47 PM