while at your office would it be better to connect the phone to a power source. but then it would look like an Iphone....lol
    Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:08 PM
    I have a Classic, bought unlocked from Amazon, running on AT&T and a weak LTE signal at work is killing my battery...12% drop in 2 hours while it's just sitting on my desk.

Is there anyway to toggle off LTE?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted via CB10
    According to these guys your signal should be good.
    Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:09 PM
    Thanks, but I guess that I'm stuck...shoddy WiFi at work in many spots that I'm in.
    Or stay on LTE and keep it plugged in when it's on your desk?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 04:11 PM
    Or stay on LTE and keep it plugged in when it's on your desk?

Posted via CB10
    Obviously that will be how I do it from now on.
    01-02-15 04:15 PM
    Put it on the 2G/GSM only. And if/or when you don't need data toggle off the data. So you will have best battery life.

When you need data or, more precisely speed data, you may turn on 3g or 4g, if the signal is good.

Posted via CB10
    This. It may be on AT&( but it's an unlocked phone. You definitely should be able to jump to 3G/gsm in the settings.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-02-15 04:17 PM
    This. It may be on AT&( but it's an unlocked phone. You definitely should be able to jump to 3G/gsm in the settings.

I think it could be blocked through the sim
    Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:18 PM
    Thanks, and now also believe that is blocked through the SIM card...bummer!
    01-02-15 04:22 PM
    while at your office would it be better to connect the phone to a power source. but then it would look like an Iphone....lol
    Cracked me up!
    01-02-15 04:23 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I tried it. It works for me though I have strong LTE everywhere so I don't need to.

01-02-15 04:23 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I tried it. It works for me though I have strong LTE everywhere so I don't need to.

Please pass on what you have done and how you did it...with screen shots if you can.
    01-02-15 04:24 PM
    Please pass on what you have done and how you did it.
    Settings - networks and connections - mobile network - network technology...click on the dropdown and you should see other selections. I picked HSPA+/GSM and went back to the home screen. Instead of LTE it now said H.

01-02-15 04:30 PM
    Settings - networks and connections - mobile network - network technology...click on the dropdown and you should see other selections. I picked HSPA+/GSM and went back to the home screen. Instead of LTE it now said H.

Thanks, but I don't have the same options...I only have Mobile Network (on or off), Data Services (on or off) and available networks (which indicates AT&T LTE). No Network Technologies...can't select anything else.
    Last edited by Frehley; 01-02-15 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-02-15 04:34 PM
    Thanks, but I don't have the same options...I only have Mobile Network (on or off), Data Services (on or off) and available networks (which indicates AT&T LTE). No Network Technologies...can't select anything else.
    Wow, I wonder why. You said you got yours through Amazon? I got mine from Digital River. I guess they could be different. Anyone know?

Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:39 PM
    Wow, I wonder why. You said you got yours through Amazon? I got mine from Digital River. I guess they could be different. Anyone know?

Mine is an SQC100-4 with software release 10.3.1.747...is this the same as yours?
    01-02-15 04:41 PM
    same phone
    Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:41 PM
    Mine is an SQC100-4 with software release 10.3.1.747...is this the same as yours?
    Yup.

Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:47 PM
    Yup.

One more question...did you get a new SIM card or use one from another phone and then have AT&T activate your device? I had my nano SIM in an iPhone 6, and had AT&T switch service to my Classic.

Thanks for all of the help!
    01-02-15 04:53 PM
    One more question...did you get a new SIM card or use one from another phone and then have AT&T activate your device? I had my nano SIM in an iPhone 6, and had AT&T switch service to my Classic.

Thanks for all of the help!
    I had to get a new sim card. I was using a Nexus 5 and Q10. Both of which use a micro sim. That certainly would be worth a try.

Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 04:57 PM
    I had to get a new sim card. I was using a Nexus 5 and Q10. Both of which use a micro sim. That certainly would be worth a try.

Going to try that over the weekend. Thanks to all for the responses and help!!
    01-02-15 05:05 PM
    [QUOTE=Frehley;11222039]Going to try that over the weekend. Thanks to all for the responses and help!![/QUOTE

Next week I will get an atnt sim for my phone. I will surely look at this
    01-02-15 05:15 PM
    Hope it works!

Frehley likes this.
    01-02-15 05:28 PM
    Does anyone know if TMOBILE disables the ability change from 4G to 2G?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:44 PM
    Does anyone know if TMOBILE disables the ability change from 4G to 2G?
    No, they don't.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    01-02-15 09:46 PM
    No, they don't.
    Awesome, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:48 PM
    so, have you tried that? does it work now? as your phone is an unlocked Classic therefore you should have the ability to switch to ANY network technology you wish to have and (yeah, the simcard) should allow your phone to register to the BEST & the MOST efficient network technology to hold on to the network at anytime (in this case seems your simcard forces your Classic to always keep searching for LTE, just LTE no matter what..)
    01-03-15 06:50 PM
55 123