Definitely hope it has one but not a deal breaker. Surprised it doesn't, seems to make sense to just use the same track pad from the Bold 9900 to cut down on cost of using different parts. Either way I'm glad to have the Classic coming out.

Posted via CB10
    illitero and flyingsolid like this.
    12-15-14 03:47 PM
    Want the backlit trackpad and removable battery But its to freekin late for the Classic one Move On...
    Well i know we are just 2 days from the Classic launch but how many of you want a backlit trackpad?? I remember how beautiful it looked on Legacy BB devices and made them stand out of the crowd but as we hve seen from the testing units and the final leaked unit it isn't backlit on the Classic unfortunately. Many people will argue that it wont be seen while our thumb is on the trackpad but the thing is how beautiful it looked when illuminated. So let BlackBerry know we want it back!!!!!!!!!
    12-15-14 03:54 PM
    Would drain battery faster.
    Aju likes this.
    12-15-14 04:36 PM
    *les sigh* You want another thing to add to the laundry list of battery drain threads? Surely you jest...

emPowered by 
    12-15-14 04:41 PM
    I would agree with the OP if BB got rid of the led. Then use the trackpad light as the led substitute.
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-15-14 04:58 PM
    I want the entire phone to be one giant LED light. Is it too late?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:40 PM
    Hypothetical question: if it cut your battery life down by 10%, would you still want it?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:24 PM
    Hypothetical question: if it cut your battery life down by 10%, would you still want it?

Posted via CB10
    Somehow I doubt a backlight like the one behind the keyboard but much smaller would account for 10% of the battery life, but hey, none of my business...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 and flyingsolid like this.
    12-15-14 06:30 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread:

No trackpad light is one less reason for a Q10-user to buy the Classic.

Already few reasons to switch from Q10 to Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:55 PM
    I would agree with the OP if BB got rid of the led. Then use the trackpad light as the led substitute.
    That us what Nokia used to do. My Nokia E Series devices had a light behind the button that would blink when a message came in. That would be perfectly acceptable but since this is a classic, some might complain that it was different.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:01 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread:

No trackpad light is one less reason for a Q10-user to buy the Classic.

Already few reasons to switch from Q10 to Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that the internal specs are disappointing, but rememeber all of the benefits add up.
    Bigger, better, brighter screen.
    Better antenna
    USB OTG
    Bigger battery
    Bigger keyboard
    Tool belt with trackpad

Different people will place different values on those but to some, they are worth a lot.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:03 PM
    I agree that the internal specs are disappointing, but rememeber all of the benefits add up.
    Better antenna
    USB OTG
    Bigger battery
    Bigger keyboard
    Tool belt with trackpad

Different people will place different values on those but to some, they are worth a lot.
    If this had been an Apple device, it would be a no-brainer update for users. Other than the CPU compared to the Q10, it's like an "off year" iPhone release, like 3G to 3GS, or 4 to 4S, or 5 to 5S. The selling point would be the OS upgrade.
    12-15-14 07:15 PM
    The next version of the Classic had better incorporate a fingerprint sensor in the trackpad otherwise they might as well not do it. This device delivers what customers were asking John Chen for last year.
    12-15-14 07:21 PM
    I'm running a 10.3 leak on my Z10, and I like the new start-up BB logo with the progress of the start-up going in a clock-wise circle (for lack of a better term). I always thought that it would be cool if the Classic had an LED surrounding the track pad that showed the OS loading in the same way, and the same for when it was thinking while loading an app. What do you think ? (Not sure if what I said makes any sense at all, btw)

Posted via CB10
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    12-15-14 08:02 PM
    I was always envious of that lite up track pad on the 9900's when I had my 9650. So I for one was disappointed when I didn't see it on the classic. I think they missed the ball on making this keyboard a little bit better for a slight cost increase.

Posted via the almighty Z
    12-15-14 08:14 PM
    Geezzzzzz, guys

Maybe it's made like that for the first device just to feel the market without losing to much.
    If very successful probably the next one will be with better in every way.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:16 PM
    I have never used a backlit trackpad so I don't know why people want it so bad. My previous devices were 8520 and 9780.

How about we make a hardware change and get the Classic trackpad replaced by 9900's one?
    12-15-14 09:35 PM
    Well i know we are just 2 days from the Classic launch but how many of you want a backlit trackpad?? I remember how beautiful it looked on Legacy BB devices and made them stand out of the crowd but as we hve seen from the testing units and the final leaked unit it isn't backlit on the Classic unfortunately. Many people will argue that it wont be seen while our thumb is on the trackpad but the thing is how beautiful it looked when illuminated. So let BlackBerry know we want it back!!!!!!!!!
    are you really that bothered about a light ? lol?? jeez.. some people!

Wait for a Classic II in 2016 ok? lol
    12-15-14 11:49 PM
    Better antenna
    USB OTG
    Bigger battery
    Bigger keyboard
    Tool belt with trackpad

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for listing the enhancements. I agree with the better design, toolbelt, Lcd screen and it's size. I just had expected the trackpad light as part of the toolbelt, since it's a classic BlackBerry thing that was nice looking. Yes I definitely place much value on the look, even though it looks good and better than Q10 but not that good as I thought or expected

I'll buy Classic before or later, I guess, but lack of light just make me less excited you know. Because of this less excitement, I'm more likely to wait for it instead of "can't wait to buy it"-mode.

While waiting maybe there will be price cuts. As long as my Q10 still does my job.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:39 AM
    I'm running a 10.3 leak on my Z10, and I like the new start-up BB logo with the progress of the start-up going in a clock-wise circle (for lack of a better term). I always thought that it would be cool if the Classic had an LED surrounding the track pad that showed the OS loading in the same way, and the same for when it was thinking while loading an app. What do you think ? (Not sure if what I said makes any sense at all, btw)

Posted via CB10
    You think like Steve Jobs would do. Great idea. Small things make smartphones different nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:54 AM
    Definitely hope it has one but not a deal breaker. Surprised it doesn't, seems to make sense to just use the same track pad from the Bold 9900 to cut down on cost of using different parts. Either way I'm glad to have the Classic coming out.

Posted via CB10
    My sentiments exactly. I can't believe the level of acid in most of these replies. People either making weird excuses or just not thinking straight. But anyway, I swear it is a slightly smaller trackpad from the looks of it, which will be weird to get used to haha. Probably considerably tighter constraints given the external dimensions and battery size. I very much liked the illumination on the 9900. It really set it apart visually from all the lower models. Made using any other BB model look weird with the big gap in low light, and I think that's really what bothers most people making mention of it. It's an aesthetic, of course, but it's small details in aesthetic that have always made the difference between something like Nissan and Infiniti. They're fundamentally the same, made by the same company, and share many of the same traits and components. But it's the finer details in aesthetics and materials that make the Infiniti a nicer, more worthwhile experience for many.

Overall, I'm still incredibly excited for this phone. It's not perfect, but it's still a great effort. The people complaining about specs are either delusional or have lost sight of the point of these phones. The latest screaming octacore chip or even an extra 100mhz is not going to help this phone in any way for what it's built to do. The ridiculous processor war is for PC and Android users to fawn over. A light up trackpad would be nice, but realistically rarely used in an OS that has such good touch optimization. I saw somebody in this thread talking about using the trackpad for touch ID like apple, but that probably won't happen because of technology restraints and small surface area. Probably some other wacky requests or complaints out there like wanting an ant farm built into the battery cover...

I think the only think I can personally fault is the straight keyboard. The curved keyboard design allowed the 9900 to be both fast and balanced in the hand. My biggest issue with the q10 wasn't the lack of toolbelt, but the small, straight keys that were jammed at the very bottom that made typing kind of cumbersome and uncomfortable. I appreciate that they have a design philosophy and did what they did for screen size, but a curved keyboard would have truly made it a classic to a whole lot of people, I'm sure.

- All of This Garbage Written on My Windows Phone While I Screamed at How Irritating And Inefficient it is to Type in The Browser
    Last edited by illitero; 12-16-14 at 08:12 AM.
    12-16-14 07:47 AM
    Gosh, if there isn't a backlit trackpad....how will my thumb ever find it in the dark?
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    12-16-14 08:29 AM
    It will light up with software update.

Just a hunch..

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    12-16-14 09:20 AM
    Gosh, if there isn't a backlit trackpad....how will my thumb ever find it in the dark?
    Lol....

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-16-14 12:58 PM
    People who praised the backlit keypad on 9900 today are tellin us its ov no use nor adds perfection to a beautiful device, how pathetic
    Maxxxpower and andy957 like this.
    12-16-14 01:05 PM
56 123