Spot-on, slagman.

I think BlackBerry's become less reactive to the community and a tad less leaky, so we all know the Classic ain't a Q10 successor and what we're really missing is a solid leak of what to expect in 2015.

I totally respect that they're keeping their future outputs at a minimum (in order to capitalize and maximize the buzz around what's out NOW), but who doesn't like a good, solid leak or rumour?!?!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:37 AM
    What about specs, a good size, keyboard, and toolbelt? SOL right? Oh well, maybe Classic 2...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    That could be where I agree with you - Classic 2.

Resources can only go so many directions, especially with a pared-down-and-leaner BlackBerry. They can't afford to have the Passport still ramping up, likely working on an all-touch successor, and carry a complete new design to hopefully capture legacy users and those who may or may not move over from Q5/Q10. It's a matter of risk in capital and other resources.

I would fully expect there is heavy design reuse happening for the Classic, and it is only logical at this point. If BBOS5/7 users decide to vote with their wallets, and there are also enough sales from existing and new BlackBerry customers, one could imagine a Classic follow-on. If it flops, the market has spoken and that form-factor is doomed to end.

For those who love the toolbelt, your best strategy is to talk it up, not down.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    bb8900edit and Lefty724 like this.
    12-05-14 12:07 PM
    Any news?!

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-12-14 01:56 PM
    Have you guys seen the images of that phone? It does not look cheap at all and the weight of it is a testament. Anyway, I think of the BB Classic in the same way I think of the iPod Classic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q and Bold series are discontinued in a few years. The only option for users who are interested in that form will be the Classic.

With the Passport growing wings and the Classic near released, I see no point in keeping the Q series.
    12-13-14 10:25 AM
    Any news?!
    On Classic 2? It will probably come out winter 2015/2016

Have you guys seen the images of that phone? It does not look cheap at all and the weight of it is a testament.
    But it's overpriced and for many Q10 users not a worthwile upgrade.

Anyway, I think of the BB Classic in the same way I think of the iPod Classic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q and Bold series are discontinued in a few years.
    The Q series has already been discountinued. Bolds probably aren't in production anymore, too, although producton started again in April 2014.

The only option for users who are interested in that form will be the Classic.
    ...or to buy a Q10 which is much cheaper if they don't already own one.

With the Passport growing wings and the Classic near released, I see no point in keeping the Q series.
    I see little point in "upgrading" from a Q10 to a Classic. At least not for $450.
    12-13-14 11:36 AM
30 12