03-19-15 05:27 PM
33 12
tools
    Thanks boss, that worked out perfectly. Should have my replacement by Friday.
    Was my first time dealing with amazon for warranty support and using the contact us form made is extremely painless.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    Hey, one question, did they say they will exchange it or are you returning for credit and buying a new one? I ask because when I did it I wanted to get the AT&T version instead of the unlocked version to get wireless charging, so I did a return and I bought the AT&T version. The system automatically took a restocking fee since it is a phone, but upon contacting them again they removed the restocking fee and gave me full credit back. And never was I demanding, I merely asked the guy if the reason why the refund was less was because of a restocking fee and the guy told me it was, then told me he removed it so I will get the full refund. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-18-15 06:28 PM
    I am dealing with this issue now OP. I purchased a slightly used Classic off Kijiji of a guy who also bought it used. Was in great shape, purchased it and used it for a couple weeks and then it now doesn't power on(I have a thread on this). Guy I purchased from can't get a hold of previous owner of it and phone was unlocked when he bought it so I don't know where to go. Ending up tweeting @blackberryhelp and no help yet. I can't believe their website says to contact your carrier or tweet @blackberryhelp. That's it? That is all the help I get? Ridiculous. Where is the phone number to call??? That Classic is pretty much a paper weight in my drawer, ended up paying full price for a new one with my carrier for one as my replacement. Still not sure how to get my old Classic fixed?

I understand I have no receipt, but if the factory warranty is 1 year and the product has not even been out a year, IMO I should be covered anyways.
    Exactly my point. Try calling the$ and arguing that point. The fact that you bought it off somebody else or received it as a present from a family member who lost the receipt, it should be of no consequence to the warranty issue of the device that is less than 3 months old.

He ended up returning the device to the guy who he bought it from and going the carrier route for the full price. It is a shame that the system is not set up to actually provide the warranty that is presumed to be attached to the device.

I truly hope that with time Berry recognizes that. These things matter and an average consumer will pay attention to the warranty issues.

Best of luck with you case, I hope you get the device replaced.
    03-18-15 08:30 PM
    I truly hope that with time Berry recognizes that. These things matter and an average consumer will pay attention to the warranty issues.
    BlackBerry doesn't care about the average consumer.
    03-18-15 08:32 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't care about the average consumer.
    They don't care when sales figures are bad, yet the eco system that they are trying to create says otherwise. The "I don't care about the consumer" is a bunch of BS as I am a targeted professional, who was targeted for the passport with the new and improved native bloomberg app back in September. Almost 6months later and the app that was promised for the workhorse professional, touted at the passport launch, is not even out yet. Do they not care about the pro user either? Evidence says that they don't care about anybody or just unable to dedicate enough resources / capital to resolving their woes. They clearly have the potential with the classic / passport.

The truth is they do and would love to care if they could execute properly. The convenient excuse of only focusing on enterprise or pro user just doesn't reconcile with their attempts to make it in the consumer market.

That's my opinion and I respectfully disagree with that popular saying.
    03-18-15 08:43 PM
    Hey, one question, did they say they will exchange it or are you returning for credit and buying a new one? I ask because when I did it I wanted to get the AT&T version instead of the unlocked version to get wireless charging, so I did a return and I bought the AT&T version. The system automatically took a restocking fee since it is a phone, but upon contacting them again they removed the restocking fee and gave me full credit back. And never was I demanding, I merely asked the guy if the reason why the refund was less was because of a restocking fee and the guy told me it was, then told me he removed it so I will get the full refund. :-)

They offered a free replacement or refund and let me choose. I chose replacement. The bill for the replacement shows 0$, they also prepaid return shipping to send back my old device.
    So far, seems everything is going extremely smoothly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-19-15 01:13 AM
    Warranty for Blackberry in the UK is a huge issue. It pretty much prohibits from buying used and makes it very difficult to buy online from various retailer. BlackBerry will not speak to you, no contact number etc.
    Retailers do not have a clue either as they tell you ro go to BlackBerry and one needs to argue their point for them to fix it.
    I had two q10 that started double typing. One took almost two months of arguments to finally get a refund the other one is still in repair - a month now.
    Those timescales and amount of hassle may very well be the reasons Classic is my last Blackberry.

Fiedka
    03-19-15 07:16 AM
    If you bought trough Amazon the 30 day warranty is to return or replace the device trough Amazon itself.

If you contacted shopblackberry CS they will do nothing for you, instead you need to contact BlackBerry directly and ask for a warranty claim, they will evaluate and decide if you need a repair or replacement device.
    How do I contact Blackberry directly? There is no numbers on their website that I could find for a warranty claim?
    03-19-15 10:37 AM
    They offered a free replacement or refund and let me choose. I chose replacement. The bill for the replacement shows 0$, they also prepaid return shipping to send back my old device.
    So far, seems everything is going extremely smoothly.

Awesome, sounds good. Have Amazon earned another lifetime customer in you?

03-19-15 05:27 PM
33 12