I currently have an iPhone 6 and quite honestly it's just way too much for me. I don't use most of the apps I have and I feel like I want to switch to something more simple, more old school so to speak. I don't feel like getting a flip phone either.

However I have a few questions about the Blackberry Classic, as I don't have AT&T so I can't get the Passport!

Does the Classic have gps? What chase mobile? Does it have voice command for calling and texting?

As I said I do want to downgrade but I don't want to sacrifice too much, I feel like the BB Classic will be the perfect compromise but I want to make sure! How have you guys liked having a classic? I was a huge BB fan back in the day and am excited to make the switch back.
    03-20-16 11:30 PM
    It does have a GPS, I never had an issue with BB maps, worked fine. Never used the voice command, it was kind of annoying.

I loved my Q10, but just got an iPhone due to lack of app support and the buggines of running android apps.
    03-21-16 12:07 AM
    Does the Classic have gps? What chase mobile? Does it have voice command for calling and texting?
    Yes, it has GPS. I use google maps, and BlackBerry maps.

I'm unsure what you are asking about for chase mobile.

Yes, it has very accurate voice commands. It's never misunderstood me before.
    I say: "read last BBM", and it responds: "your last BBM was received from _______ at _____ the message says_____. What would you like to do?"

A note about the BlackBerry Assistant is that if you'd prefer not to give voice commands, you can simply start typing straight from the home screen.
    I type 'call john' then enter, it will start dialing.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 01:02 AM
    If you use any social media apps, my honest answer is not to switch to BlackBerry classic. I have a BlackBerry classic and I really miss using those no laggy apps from my android phone. So if you like BlackBerry u better use it as a second phone

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:24 AM
    OP, I personally love the Classic. I'm recommend you switch with these conditions in mind.

The apps that you so easily download and use on iOS, some may work and some may not. Be prepared to use mobile website shortcuts and other things as a work around.

It's a tough but rewarding experience being a BlackBerry phone user. I have an iPad at home and an iPhone that I carry with me sometimes so I'm really not missing much in the way of apps. I find this two device set up allows me the best of both worlds.

If you are dead set on only using ONE device and need to download apps that are 100% going to work, I suggest staying with iOS. BlackBerry and the app gap

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-21-16 01:10 PM
    I carry around a Note4 and my Classic with me. I use my classic for phone calls and text, facebook with an app called Face10 for blackberry and I use the Messenger Android app for fb Messenger. Navy Federal has an android app, I used that to check my balance and a browser shortcut for a Prepaid card I have. That's all I really use my phone for and it gets the job done. I keep my N4 on me because I use it as a media player / Camera / and can turn on Hotspot on my Classic if I want to use any apps on my Note4 or Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    03-21-16 02:14 PM
    Iphone and BlackBerry are different phones. Iphone is mora apps oriented BlackBerry is more keyboard and smart commands oriented. They cannot replace each other. Both of them in the mean time can be the right choice

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 03:26 PM
    Honestly, I'm 23 years old and have never been a huge fan of social media. I have a solid group of trustworthy individuals that I usually spend most of my time with, don't really need social media and haven't been on any social media sites in over a year or two. Pretty much just need talk and text, gps and maybe the Chase mobile app so I can pay my credit card balance off from my phone. That's pretty much it. Seems like BB classic would be a good switch from what you guys are saying.
    03-21-16 05:49 PM
    I've been trying out the PRIV the last few weeks and am probably going back to my Classic. In fact, I'm enjoying typing this on my Classic. Yes, it was fun downloading apps, but many were to do what BB10 already does (texts, music, video, picture viewer, etc). There are a few aps I "need" (Spotify, Southwest, NHL), and the Android versions run perfectly on my Classic. I'm looking at the apps I loaded on the PRIV and none are that crucial. I miss my Classic keyboard for banging out text and emails. I miss the fully-integrated hub for all my messages. For the features and functionality I spend 98% of my time using, BB10 and the Classic are my best options. And yes, when sitting on the sofa, I love the PRIV screen size. But it's bulky in my pocket and I feel like I have to be careful with it. The Classic is so solid it feels indestructible.

Posted via CB10 with my Classic
    03-21-16 06:05 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 6 and quite honestly it's just way too much for me. I don't use most of the apps I have and I feel like I want to switch to something more simple, more old school so to speak. I don't feel like getting a flip phone either.
    Based on your opening statement, I'd recommend a Windows phone for you. The Classic is far from "old school".

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-22-16 07:48 AM
    Based on your opening statement, I'd recommend a Windows phone for you. The Classic is far from "old school".

thanks but I checked out the classic at the Verizon store the other day; another customer had it, and it was awesome. Definitely committed to getting the classic. It will do everything I need it to do with very little to no 'extras' that are gonna bother me having to look at them all the time.

Besides I've never really cared for Windows phones either. Thanks for your input though!

Unless Blackberry comes out with something better by the time I make the switch, I'm definitely gonna pick up the Classic ASAP.
    03-23-16 11:51 AM
    thanks but I checked out the classic at the Verizon store the other day; another customer had it, and it was awesome. Definitely committed to getting the classic. It will do everything I need it to do with very little to no 'extras' that are gonna bother me having to look at them all the time.

Besides I've never really cared for Windows phones either. Thanks for your input though!

Unless Blackberry comes out with something better by the time I make the switch, I'm definitely gonna pick up the Classic ASAP.
    I do hope that the phone meets your needs...

Remember, the only phone that's great is the one that meets YOUR needs.

Have fun.

03-23-16 02:18 PM
    Lol thanks. Is there any difference between the Classic from Verizon and the Classic from the BB store? The one direct from BB says it will not work on Verizon.
    03-23-16 06:23 PM
    Lol thanks. Is there any difference between the Classic from Verizon and the Classic from the BB store? The one direct from BB says it will not work on Verizon.
    All BlackBerry store devices don't work with Verizon. Because they only offer GSM devices. CDMA is a Verizon and Sprint thing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 06:37 PM
    All BlackBerry store devices don't work with Verizon. Because they only offer GSM devices. CDMA is a Verizon and Sprint thing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    ok I see. Might be worth it to just switch to ATT as long as I can get decent coverage.
    03-23-16 11:41 PM
    You will enjoy the Classic for your needs. Coming from someone who's had an iPhone 6 Plus and a Note 4, this is really my favourite phone and I'll be sticking with it until the Classic 2 (one can dream).

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:27 AM
    I feel you! I Had a note 4 and allways used android. Yeah BlackBerry Bold a long time ago.

I only use my Phone fork work email and whatsapp, and for navigation. I didnt use any of the apps on my note.

Now i got the classic and its great for me.
    I dont miss out on apps, i installed the play store Just for my banking App. I love this thing its so good and it does everything i want.

If i were you i wouldnt look any further.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 12:53 PM