Hey everyone,

I've recently been bouncing the idea around of trading my LG Nexus 5X for another device. I have been a Blackberry user on and off for about 10 years now (have owned Bolds, Storm, Pearl, Curve and most recently Q10) and I'm just missing my physical keyboard, consistent UX and most importantly my sense of security . I feel that I will eventually own a better-executed rendition of an Android powered BBerry; but with the under-developed UI conflicts and lack of competitive hardware as of now, that day is not today. So I now look at the Blackberry Classic (why I'm here lol) a phone that comes from yesteryear but with software developed with that phone's hardware in mind. I feel that it may be the perfect Blackberry on the market even so many years later. Specs aside, BB10's optimization for the hardware it was put on has always impressed me plus add in the bonus of security and I think it might just be time for me to come back.

So I ask all you BB10/Classic owners out there how it has been using your device day to day and what you think my best route would be to possibly trade in my Nexus 5X for a Blackberry to call my own once again

As always thank you for your time!!

Side Note: I am on VZW in the states so that is why I haven't put the Passport into my considerations.
    10-09-16 07:05 PM
    Go for passport se or og its way way faster than classic

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:32 PM
    Guess the other guy didn't read your post. In all honesty the classic is a great device for calling and messaging. Outside of that mine is starting to show its age the browser has gotten slower over time and you just can't do much due to the lack of support (apps) . I love my classic and will keep it forever but I also just ordered the Google pixel if that answers your question as to what I would do keep the 5x. The classic is just so old internally it's just going to get worse and worse

Posted via CB10
    bobster922 likes this.
    10-09-16 11:07 PM
    I moved over to the classic from an Android phone. I found the Classic a terrific communications device, with great call quality, and a very convenient message center in the Hub. It even has a good music player, adecent camera, and the unbeatable pkb. But that was it. I had become dependent on certain Android apps, and they either weren't available or did not run well on the classic. Some of those were paid apps that required a faster processor and bigger screen. So I doubled down and got a second line. My Classic is my communications platform; my Android handles the indispensables.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 11:09 PM
    I think it would be best if you got the Classic, and hung on to your android thingy. Then in a week, if you find that you haven't touched the android, sell it.

If you liked the Q10, you'll love the Classic.
    Once you're zipping around on the trackpad, and highlighting text with shift+trackpad, you will be wondering why more phones aren't built like this.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 12:15 AM
    Guess the other guy didn't read your post. In all honesty the classic is a great device for calling and messaging. Outside of that mine is starting to show its age the browser has gotten slower over time and you just can't do much due to the lack of support (apps) . I love my classic and will keep it forever but I also just ordered the Google pixel if that answers your question as to what I would do keep the 5x. The classic is just so old internally it's just going to get worse and worse

Posted via CB10
    I owned both classic/Q10 im just adding pp to his option because both of this device stutters a lot.. thats my only beef about Q10 and Classic which Im not having right now on my passport SE

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 01:40 AM
    I owned both classic/Q10 im just adding pp to his option because both of this device stutters a lot.. thats my only beef about Q10 and Classic which Im not having right now on my passport SE

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but he is on verizon so the pp is not even an option. And he stated that at the very end of his post so I just assumed you missed that part or didn't fully read his post. Anyways man no big deal take care man

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 11:37 PM
    Yeah but he is on verizon so the pp is not even an option. And he stated that at the very end of his post so I just assumed you missed that part or didn't fully read his post. Anyways man no big deal take care man

Posted via CB10
    im not familiar if passport se will or will not work in US so im adding it to his option if also not yeah classic is the way to go

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:25 AM
    No wars meant to be start here

Thank you everyone for your input it has been very helpful. I'm still going to try and hunt down a cheap VZ Classic somewhere just to use until it kicks the bucket.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Chris Chin likes this.
    10-11-16 10:28 AM
    No wars meant to be start here

Thank you everyone for your input it has been very helpful. I'm still going to try and hunt down a cheap VZ Classic somewhere just to use until it kicks the bucket.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    im not familiar if se and og does have the same frequency you should give se a try if ever it is compatible with verizon

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 07:56 PM
    im not familiar if se and og does have the same frequency you should give se a try if ever it is compatible with verizon

Posted via CB10
    The passport in any form is not compatible with Verizon.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    10-11-16 08:11 PM
    The passport in any form is not compatible with Verizon.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    ahhh ok at first I thought se is ok for verizon now I know

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:37 PM
    classic is still a great phone, u won't be up-to-date with newer apps like snapchat, but Facebook twitter and other good apps work, Instagram

Wanting a Classic/ Give up Nexus 5x? Thoughts-1476268455923.jpg
    10-12-16 05:36 AM
    I have also had this same thought, only with iPhone 6. How ridiculous or possible would it be to just own both phones and swap the SIM card over to your phone of choice? I want a Classic during the week for work and I just can't picture myself carrying two phones. Is swapping sims daily/weekly a possibility? Wonder if anyone does that...I think the nexus and classic have same SIM card size.
    10-12-16 08:14 AM
    I have also had this same thought, only with iPhone 6. How ridiculous or possible would it be to just own both phones and swap the SIM card over to your phone of choice? I want a Classic during the week for work and I just can't picture myself carrying two phones. Is swapping sims daily/weekly a possibility? Wonder if anyone does that...I think the nexus and classic have same SIM card size.
    The issue you're going to have is iMessage, which can screw up the ability to recieve texts on an android or blackberry after switching from an iPhone. Theoretically you should be able to turn it off in settings every time and then swap the sim, but it doesn't always work.
    10-12-16 11:37 AM
    I swap between my priv and classic randomly, I also carry a work issued iPhone 5s 5 days a week, I hate my work phone, have to use it now because of the find friends app, to track where we are
    10-12-16 12:44 PM
    The issue you're going to have is iMessage, which can screw up the ability to recieve texts on an android or blackberry after switching from an iPhone. Theoretically you should be able to turn it off in settings every time and then swap the sim, but it doesn't always work.
    That is what I was thinking. As soon as I get a free day I am going to look further into having both devices and see what options Verizon will offer.
    10-12-16 04:15 PM
    I had been running the 5x for about a month, then for the last week took back out the Nexus 6, and now today fired back up my Classic. I switch phones too many times, I currently have about 12 total laying around the house and the wife says I need to stop! I have found it really comes down to what you need, not one size fits all. What I have come to find out is that I am on my computer most of the work day so anything I need is right there. If I have meetings, or an event, my tablet is always close by to use. When I only have my phone, the main things I am doing are talking, or texting. That being said the Classic is great at doing. I have installed Google Play store, which I was able to load 5 apps that I needed, and these apps are non-social media. I am going to give the Classic time again, the 5x & 6 will be tucked away in the drawer for now.

It boils down to what your needs/wants/usage is - the best part is you can always switch if needed. Though the Classic is sure nice in the hands!
    10-19-16 10:07 AM
    It all depends on what you need. If you mainly text, email, and call, by all means by the Classic. It's still a durable phone that can handle it.

If you are able, I would try to use an old phone or tablet for the Apps that you want.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-19-16 10:46 AM
    I swap between my priv and classic randomly, I also carry a work issued iPhone 5s 5 days a week, I hate my work phone, have to use it now because of the find friends app, to track where we are
    Although I don't carry an iPhone, it only takes about 30 seconds of trying to put in a wifi password on my wife's iPhone before I'm ready to hurl the stupid thing against the nearest wall!
    Just need that physical keyboard!!!!
    10-19-16 11:54 AM
    I have had reception issues with my Classic. I even had to get a cell repeater for my home. BUT, unlike you I am on T-Mobile. Verizon would surely be better.

Aside from that the only real downside for me was lack of Google Maps. I've been looking at the sideloading tutorials though and think I might be able to get it that way. Losing WhatsApp was a minor bummer but only a few work friends use it anyway.

The keyboard is the best phone keyboard I've used, and while it's my first BlackBerry, I've had multiple other keyboard phones.

The reception issue is the biggest problem for me and may get worse as T-Mobile relies more and more on LTE band 12 which the Classic lacks. Maybe I could switch to AT&T (yuck!).

Edit: if I were to carry two phones instead of sim-swapping every time I want to switch I'd use one as a mobile Hotspot for the other whenever possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 12:24 PM
    I had been running the 5x for about a month, then for the last week took back out the Nexus 6, and now today fired back up my Classic. I switch phones too many times, I currently have about 12 total laying around the house and the wife says I need to stop! I have found it really comes down to what you need, not one size fits all. What I have come to find out is that I am on my computer most of the work day so anything I need is right there. If I have meetings, or an event, my tablet is always close by to use. When I only have my phone, the main things I am doing are talking, or texting. That being said the Classic is great at doing. I have installed Google Play store, which I was able to load 5 apps that I needed, and these apps are non-social media. I am going to give the Classic time again, the 5x & 6 will be tucked away in the drawer for now.

It boils down to what your needs/wants/usage is - the best part is you can always switch if needed. Though the Classic is sure nice in the hands!
    How's the Classic treating you after a week?

I have had reception issues with my Classic. I even had to get a cell repeater for my home. BUT, unlike you I am on T-Mobile. Verizon would surely be better.

Aside from that the only real downside for me was lack of Google Maps. I've been looking at the sideloading tutorials though and think I might be able to get it that way. Losing WhatsApp was a minor bummer but only a few work friends use it anyway.

The keyboard is the best phone keyboard I've used, and while it's my first BlackBerry, I've had multiple other keyboard phones.

The reception issue is the biggest problem for me and may get worse as T-Mobile relies more and more on LTE band 12 which the Classic lacks. Maybe I could switch to AT&T (yuck!).

Edit: if I were to carry two phones instead of sim-swapping every time I want to switch I'd use one as a mobile Hotspot for the other whenever possible.

Posted via CB10
    Now that T-Mobile has "unlimited data", this could be a viable option. As I sit at Verizon right now, that could prove to be an expensive option.
    10-26-16 09:49 AM