I am wanting to get a Blackberry. I currently use one of 3 phones...android, iPhone, Windows mobile 10. I bought a Priv last summer but perhaps too hastily returned it. I liked the phone and had no issues with it. The problem was Verizon. They were blocking the update to Marshmallow. After months of people threatening to sue them, Verizon gave in and released the update in November. Sadly Verizon is pretty much all that works here. I have a short list of models i would choose. Priv, Classic, Q10, or the new Mercury (if Verizon allows it on their network). I have one program available on Android I want to run (Logos bible). The rest are pretty basic...kindle, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I don't do a huge amount of typing on my phone and generally have an iPad with me most of the time. I mostly just read. Looking for input on which of the 4 I should get. Also, looking to see if anyone here has a q10 or classic on Verizon for sale. I don't trust eBay. Too many scammer trolls that rip you off to deal with. Crackberry folks seem to be very kind and honest from what I have read so this is where I start. :-). Thoughts?
    02-22-17 03:18 PM
    The Passport is on sale @shopbb might be worth it as you seem to type and read mostly and are used to the iPad bulk. You can leave that thing at home when sporting the Passport. Otherwise, wait for the Mercury. It has the ecosystem!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 03:21 PM
    priv still would be best option with the most life left in it. Mercury would be better and should come to VZW but cant say when. Probably not at launch though. Maybe wait a week and see whats announced lol
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-22-17 03:21 PM
    The Passport is on sale @shopbb might be worth it as you seem to type and read mostly and are used to the iPad bulk. You can leave that thing at home when sporting the Passport. Otherwise, wait for the Mercury. It has the ecosystem!

Posted via CB10
    passport doesnt work for VZW...so its not going to be an option
    02-22-17 03:22 PM
    That's a shame. VZW... So many issues!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 04:41 PM
    Check out eBay for VZW versions of the Q10 and Classic. You might like the PKB as a change of pace. Because they're discontinued, they are likely costly. If price is a factor, then consider the wonderful VZW Z30, which performs better than the above. That was my first BB10 device, and I still use it as a WiFi device at home.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    02-22-17 05:18 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Classic for personal use and my Android device for apps and entertainment. The BlackBerry Hub for Android just doesn't cut it for me. Had the PP and it is a beast of a phone! The mercury looks amazing like a BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport (SE) had a baby but the hub for Android is a no go for me.
    02-24-17 09:34 AM
    I have switched from Verizon after being with them for many years and have no regrets what so ever. Now I enjoy the freedom to choice which ever device. Moved in to T mobile and will never look back. Had my BlackBerry Passport and now my DTEK60..
    luminosity6 likes this.
    02-24-17 06:58 PM
    I say go Mercury if it lands at Verizon
    02-24-17 07:04 PM