Help me join the elite. I was handed a Bold 9790 which I've been using for a few weeks. I've got my eye on the classic the next time I'm in the UK. The only thing the 9790 won't do is wirelessly synce my work(outlook) calendar. I'm assuming something to do with the lack of enterprise within the buisness. Does the classic need this?I really want it, but for the life of me can't work without my calendar.
    Please help
    05-14-15 02:31 AM
    No the classic are good to go.

BlackBerry Classic
    05-14-15 03:13 AM
    All BlackBerry 10's handle outlook.com calendars very well. I think there have been a few issues with outlook desktop client though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-14-15 03:48 AM
    I have mine synced with my outlook.com account just fine as well.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-14-15 10:02 AM
    I have synced Outlook.com calendar and contacts with my Q10 since OS version 10.2 and it works very good. There were only very, very few glitches in more than a year of use. It also works just as good with the Passport and Classic running latest 10.3.1 of course.

Setting it up is very easy too: Just use the assistent, name your mail address and password, last but not least select what kind of information you like to sync. Can't get easier than that.

However from your post it isn't clear if you are referring to an outlook.com calendar or a local Outlook calendar. I think the PC Software BlackBerry Link improved much when it comes to sync local calendars, but isn't top of the notch.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:09 AM
    Paul, if you're really asking I would recommend that you don't use a BlackBerry as your daily driver at this time. BB10 is great, the build quality on most models is good, but BlackBerry is a niche phone and probably won't satisfy your needs completely.

Unless you like constant workarounds and tinkering with a device you depend on day to day, save your money and look at the competition.
    05-14-15 07:10 PM
    Paul, if you're really asking I would recommend that you don't use a BlackBerry as your daily driver at this time. BB10 is great, the build quality on most models is good, but BlackBerry is a niche phone and probably won't satisfy your needs completely.

Unless you like constant workarounds and tinkering with a device you depend on day to day, save your money and look at the competition.
    I use a Z10 as my daily driver for 2 years now and observed my Samsung wielding colleagues are the ones constantly struggling with getting the basics done and tinkering it to make it work like BB10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-14-15 07:17 PM

You don't even know his needs dude.. that's discouraging and very rude from you.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-14-15 07:21 PM

Depends on how you use your phone, OP. Maybe the Classic is NOT the right device for you, maybe it is. Maybe it turns out that Blackberry as a whole is not for you, and that's fine. If it ends up being the right/perfect phone, then welcome aboard. I've used a Blackberry as my daily driver since the Storm days. But then again, I'm not really an app/specs guy. Yes, I DO have a tablet to supplement certain things but I get by mainly with my Classic because it gets what I need done. Know what you use your phone for/what your needs are and then go from there.
    05-14-15 07:35 PM
    I have a personal Outlook account and a Google Apps for business Gmail acount (it's set up through Exchange )& they both work flawlessly with email, contacts and calendars on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:58 PM

It depends on if he relies heavily on apps. I use the Classic as my one and only device and don't need to find work-arounds for anything on a daily basis. It does everything I need my phone to do. I don't care for snapchat or whatever other app. There are plenty of music streaming services but I don't use any of them since my taste in music is not centralized to any one genre so I haven't used a single music service that actually played all of the things I like so I listen to my own mp3's which BB10 does just fine. So if OP is like me and doesn't depend on million apps, BB10 will work fine. Of course if he says that he does, then sorry, I've already replied to this before so when I go into it, it jumps straight to the last unread and I don't remember exactly what was said in the beginning, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-14-15 11:07 PM
    David,

I have had app heavy phones, but find most are a distraction. I travel heaps with work and really only use the following which I know are present on the classic:

Viber - Speak with family
    BA app - flight updates
    Spotify - music

My biggest issue is my company outlook on the 9790, as there is no option to select wireless sync for the calendar, which kills that ablity. When I approached my IT guys they said iphones and andriod don't need it, its enterprise blocking you. Digicel, the service provided in my area of operation have confirmed something along these lines.
    So the question is has the classic got the freedom of any other modern device, or am i going to be stuck? The question of whether its right for me or not hinges on the answer. I'm happy to give up all the other apps that are nothing but background noise for a solid reliable work horse of a phone, but not if the calendar can't be imported.
    05-16-15 12:56 AM
    If your company uses exchange active sync, you'll be fine.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-16-15 03:02 AM

I would disagree. I've gotten some people back to Blackberry from android and ios and with the app stores, they can get most of their favorite apps. Outlook does work. I have the email app on my Passport and it works just as well as on my android and ios devices. Works on the classic too. Not too much work around at all. Most people say they're more productive on a blackberry. My calender works on the classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10 Classic
    05-16-15 11:24 AM
    I use Outlook as well for work. The only issue I had was forgetting the proper email address to receive emails. I had to use mail.xxxxx@xxxxx.com. I forgot the mail in the address. When I did that it's worked perfectly since.

The Classic
    05-16-15 12:32 PM