Hey guys. Was reading up on the MWC stuff and it looks like 4 new blackberry devices will be coming out in 2015. Im assuming these include the Leap, the new slider and an porsche design phone. Not sure what the other phone will be but hoping it will be an upgraded classic with better specs or upgraded Z30 with better specs.

It is worth waiting for those now or should i get the Classic now? I'm missing my ole' qwerty keyboard days...
    03-04-15 06:42 PM
    What do you have now? Only you can decide/
    Waiting for an Upgraded Classic? oh great. Just what we need another keyboard phone. Yippee
    03-04-15 07:06 PM
    If a upgraded Classic wasn't announced I wouldn't wait for one. A new device is always around the corner. If you are in need of a new device or a new device just strikes your fancy just upgrade.

If you wait for the next big thing you will always be waiting. I learned to just enjoy what is available and upgrade if needed or wanted when the time strikes.

Best of luck in your choice.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic!
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-04-15 07:12 PM
    Depends on your needs for a phone. Classic is a great phone but I'm sure BlackBerry will fix some of the issues it has with its OS with an update.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:51 PM
    I'll upgrade and buy whenever however whenever. The slider looks cool...... if it has a Classic style keyboard AND current SOC I might get it jus cause...or keep my Classic since it works just fine

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-04-15 09:59 PM
    There will be no upgraded classic. It just got released for crying out loud!
    03-04-15 10:16 PM
    Yes there were rumors of a Classic 2 coming out cannot remember where I read it . It will most likely be next year now with the touch and slider coming .What I would like to see see a all touch high end device and a high end Classic 2 what else do we need ? Notice I said HIGH END SPECS .
    03-05-15 07:28 AM
    Hey guys. Was reading up on the MWC stuff and it looks like 4 new blackberry devices will be coming out in 2015. Im assuming these include the Leap, the new slider and an porsche design phone. Not sure what the other phone will be but hoping it will be an upgraded classic with better specs or upgraded Z30 with better specs.

It is worth waiting for those now or should i get the Classic now? I'm missing my ole' qwerty keyboard days...
    IMO, The black color is the only one that goes with all business attire, and still looks professional. White isn't bad either, but all that's changing is the plastic on these phones. I don't mind black phones, and no one else has a Blackberry so it's not like I need to have a different color so no one takes mine at a party, or something.
    Go with black if you're dying to upgrade. I certainly was. I got sick and tired of my Note 3, I missed BB Hub, the email experience, and the size of Blackberry. I mainly switched because I was a very early adopter of BB10, and over 6 months later no apps so I left. Now I'm coming back now that so many more apps are supported.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:34 AM

Additionally, if you're buying your phone as a factory unlocked version, check Amazon Warehouse deals, that's where I ordered mine, they're very good with returns, and it's roughly $100 less than the Brand new, never opened versions. I think most of the warehouse deals are people that just tested a unit and sent it back because they didn't like it. BB10 certainly has a learning curve, but it's worth learning.
    03-05-15 07:37 AM
    I bet we don't see a classic upgrade for 2 years or possibly longer. They will milk this hardware until BB11.

Better Camera?? When has BB had a good camera?
    Better processor? Two years from now the classic will get the Passport processor and people will complain.
    Better screen? Doubtful. 720p on a 3.5" screen works well.

Not saying these things wont happen, but the primary focus of Blackberry is communication. Not specs to woo Crackberry forum members.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:43 AM
    What do you have now? Only you can decide/
    Waiting for an Upgraded Classic? oh great. Just what we need another keyboard phone. Yippee
    Because there just isn't enough all-touch phones out there. It's like I look everywhere and can't find them anywhere!!

;-)

Just messing with you. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-05-15 09:22 AM
    I bet we don't see a classic upgrade for 2 years or possibly longer. They will milk this hardware until BB11.

Better Camera?? When has BB had a good camera?
    Better processor? Two years from now the classic will get the Passport processor and people will complain.
    Better screen? Doubtful. 720p on a 3.5" screen works well.

Not saying these things wont happen, but the primary focus of Blackberry is communication. Not specs to woo Crackberry forum members.
    The Passport has decent specs and a camera, but it's such an odd form factor that it doesn't really count as an option for me... I wish they had something like a Classic with those specs and camera. That would have been nice... But with all of the fanbois here that justify every low-end phone BB releases with "specs don't matter" arguments, I don't see them ever being competitive in that in the near future...

03-05-15 09:28 AM
    The Passport has decent specs and a camera, but it's such an odd form factor that it doesn't really count as an option for me... I wish they had something like a Classic with those specs and camera. That would have been nice... But with all of the fanbois here that justify every low-end phone BB releases with "specs don't matter" arguments, I don't see them ever being competitive in that in the near future...

When you're Android and you have 10+ Hardware manufacturers you must up the hardware during every launch, all the differences is just gimmicky.
    Android phones have had the specs to run without bogging down for more than 4 years. Unless you game on your phone, but what's the point. The only thing that is really worthwhile in today's upgrades is the better camera, and using your phone as a status symbol. People assume those with new phones have money. Why do you think most iPhone cases have the logo cutout in them? So people associate your phone with your social status...Even camera's there's not much left to improve upon for a selfi or the casual photograph. Just about all of today's phones will take an image equal to a 35mm camera when developed.

EDIT: The only necessity of BB10 having new hardware is to attract the android crowd that is so focused on specifications.
    03-05-15 12:42 PM
    When you're Android and you have 10+ Hardware manufacturers you must up the hardware during every launch, all the differences is just gimmicky.
    Android phones have had the specs to run without bogging down for more than 4 years. Unless you game on your phone, but what's the point. The only thing that is really worthwhile in today's upgrades is the better camera, and using your phone as a status symbol. People assume those with new phones have money. Why do you think most iPhone cases have the logo cutout in them? So people associate your phone with your social status...Even camera's there's not much left to improve upon for a selfi or the casual photograph. Just about all of today's phones will take an image equal to a 35mm camera when developed.

EDIT: The only necessity of BB10 having new hardware is to attract the android crowd that is so focused on specifications.
    And here's one of them...

Anyway, I never said they need to have top end specs, but at the same time, it shouldn't release with 3-year old technology, and no, it's not just for gaming. There are a lot of possibly useful features and just a more fluid experience afforded by better hardware and optimized OS to take advantage of the hardware.

But anyway, so you'll be ok with it having Z10 specs for the next few years as everything else keeps moving forward huh? Alright, good to know.

03-05-15 03:40 PM
    And here's one of them...

Anyway, I never said they need to have top end specs, but at the same time, it shouldn't release with 3-year old technology, and no, it's not just for gaming. There are a lot of possibly useful features and just a more fluid experience afforded by better hardware and optimized OS to take advantage of the hardware.

But anyway, so you'll be ok with it having Z10 specs for the next few years as everything else keeps moving forward huh? Alright, good to know.

Thanks for all your responses. I'll def agree with you on this one. A faster processor for the classic (like the passport with 2.26 ghz) would do much better running android apps. The classic wouldnt need a faster processor to run its BB 10 OS but it would def help with running android time.
    03-05-15 05:27 PM
    Get a blue one! Looks amazing!

Sent from my Passport
    03-05-15 05:59 PM
    Thanks for all your responses. I'll def agree with you on this one. A faster processor for the classic (like the passport with 2.26 ghz) would do much better running android apps. The classic wouldnt need a faster processor to run its BB 10 OS but it would def help with running android time.
    And it's not even about current apps and the OS. If everyone developed hardware to meet current demands there will never be any progress. For me, the whole point of putting better hardware into it, along with improving android app performance like you've stated, is also to open up the device to bigger and more complex functions they could start putting into the OS. Make the phone capable of more than what it's currently capable of. Maybe make the assistant smarter and faster, do more in terms of augmented reality, more context sensitive features, etc. etc.

03-05-15 06:28 PM
    Interesting conversation. Part of this has to be because of the low volume of devices made, right? Sure I want better specs (who wouldn't) but at what price? I'm not paying $800 for the Classic 2. I wouldn't mind a happy medium though.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    03-05-15 07:30 PM
    Interesting conversation. Part of this has to be because of the low volume of devices made, right? Sure I want better specs (who wouldn't) but at what price? I'm not paying $800 for the Classic 2. I wouldn't mind a happy medium though.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    Yeah i wouldnt either, but I wouldnt mind paying an extra $200 for a slightly better camera and better processor.
    03-05-15 11:29 PM
    I want all of them!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:06 AM
    Yeah i wouldnt either, but I wouldnt mind paying an extra $200 for a slightly better camera and better processor.
    Exactly, like I've said, it doesn't have to be on the cutting edge, but there's A LOT in between a gimmicky specs monster and 3-year-old tech...
    03-06-15 02:10 AM
    I think a couple of the issues with high end specs is power consumption and space. They haven't created any new battery technology that would fit within the space of the design. Blackberry users love not having to charge their phones every 8 hours. With the high end specs you're looking for in a phone the size of the Classic, you'd be a wallhugger with a three ft wire leash. The Z10 hardware is tried and true. Plus, with the optimized BlackBerry 10 OS, there was no true need for high end specs from a build perspective. The "competing with the Jones'" mentality for specs is not an essential part of a mid-grade phone. The Classic is also a cost-effective method to get those still using BB OS 7 to move to 10.

The Classic
    03-06-15 10:52 AM
    Buy it now.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:38 PM
    Classic is super solid, awesome workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:48 PM
    i wish to buy a blackberry classic but am confused as to which classic with respect to manufacturing should i go for. apparently, classic is being manufactured in hungry, mexico and china. also, the ones manufactured in china are region oriented for example, made in china for african region, made in china for blackberry canada. etc

i have a bold 9900 currently, made in mexico 4 (rogers). could you please tell what does this 4 stands for? i wish to purchase the best in quality. my bold 9900 build quality was supposed to be best, but it isn't.

i have the following choice:

bb classic made in hungry
    made in mexico
    made in Vietnam
    made in china for middle east and africa
    made in china for bb canada

(the aforementioned info is from a seller, maynot be 100% correct, i tried googleing to no effect)

thanking in anticipation
    03-09-15 02:22 PM