I've seen some leaked pictures of the BlackBerry Classic, and well, it looks like a gorgeous phone! However, so does the Passport! And the Q10.... I've never owned a BlackBerry device (or any phone for that matter), but I do intend on getting a BlackBerry, mainly due to their security, decent amount of apps (I'm not crazy like others are about game apps), great designs, etc.

I'm 20, and don't own a business or whatever. But BlackBerry phones appeal to me like others don't (and hey, it's Canadian!).

All three of the above phones look amazing, but there's something about the Classic.... :P
    cartoon2007 likes this.
    10-04-14 07:23 PM
    I have a Q10 (personally I hate it) that aside, if my choices were the Passport or Classic I'd be inclined to wait for the Classic.
    10-04-14 07:27 PM
    Get a passport! Don't listen to Lendo

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Lendo likes this.
    10-04-14 07:27 PM
    I'm a huge techie and I really like what the passport is doing but I just can't get around the size. I'm all in for the classic

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and Xenolock like this.
    10-04-14 07:48 PM
    If you want specs and performance and better camera, go for passport.

If you want fast typing and many shortcuts (10.3.1 with more keys) and hardware keys (phone call and hangup, track pad etc.) then go for the classic. Also if the passport seems to big for you, then go for the passport

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:59 PM
    It's up to you, they all have their pros and cons and will be better tailored for some while less for others. So you need to be more specific about what's important in what you're expecting from your phone experience.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-04-14 08:02 PM
    wait for more official info about the classic...in the meantime grab a used Q10 for cheap

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-05-14 09:32 AM
    Welcome, Jodi! I am too wanting a Classic. I like the innovative Passport, but it's too chunky for me (and I don't need that much hardware for my work). Almost got a Q10 once, but the Z30 filled my needs at the time a little better.

The Q10 is the best looking non-porsche BlackBerry IMO, but I wanted a trackpad and call/end buttons. And custom keyboard shortcuts, too! With all of those coming, the Classic should be perfect for any PKB lovers who don't need the big Passport screen.

I do wish that the Classic was shaped a little more like a Q10, though.

From a Z30
    10-05-14 10:06 AM
    I'm waiting.... ('ive been a long time Android user... - Current phone is an Galaxy S4) it's a beast... but since i heard about this classic? it's time to re-visit the world of BlackBerry! i don't need that many apps... long as i can check gmail/outlook/yahoo emails have Wechat installed along with yahoo messanger then i'm gonna be fine lol.

Also got my self a 128GB Micro SDXC card (which has been confirmed to work in BBOS10) lol
    10-05-14 10:33 AM
    I'm waiting.... ('ive been a long time Android user... - Current phone is an Galaxy S4) it's a beast... but since i heard about this classic? it's time to re-visit the world of BlackBerry! i don't need that many apps... long as i can check gmail/outlook/yahoo emails have Wechat installed along with yahoo messanger then i'm gonna be fine lol.

Also got my self a 128GB Micro SDXC card (which has been confirmed to work in BBOS10) lol
    Yep, I can confirm that wechat does have a native BlackBerry app, so you're all good there. I also see a yahoo messenger app as well but the reviews are not glowing for it. Something about not having the buzz feature or something...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-05-14 10:45 AM
    Classic if you want a solid, compact, classic BlackBerry with a good amount of understatement.

Go for the Passport if you want a performance business machine with a screen for enjoyable multimedia and good battery life. Also it will be a lot more high profile than the classic.

Both are good choices but completely different experiences.
    10-05-14 10:48 AM
    Classic specs at the moment, which could change still.

1.7ghz dual Core
    720 x 720 (3.5 inch)
    2GB RAM
    16 GB storage
    8mp (rear) 2mp (front)
    2,515mAh battery

In my opinion I would wait for it, unless you absolutely have to purchase something now. Rather save the money

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    10-05-14 01:21 PM
    I have a Q10 (personally I hate it) that aside, if my choices were the Passport or Classic I'd be inclined to wait for the Classic.
    @OP, unlike Lendo I love my Q10. However I'd wait for the Classic as well.

P.S. Lighten up Lendo...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1154
    10-05-14 06:24 PM
    @OP, unlike Lendo I love my Q10. However I'd wait for the Classic as well.

P.S. Lighten up Lendo...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1154
    Lighten up about what? I can't hate one of my 2 BB10 devices? Hate is probably not even close to what I really feel about it.
    tdyhedge likes this.
    10-05-14 06:40 PM
    I hope it's before Nov 20th cuz that's my last day to get a free upgrade

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-05-14 06:41 PM
    Your best bet is to handle a demo device at a store and see how you like it, provided you have that opportunity. Your post implies you have an affinity for a physical keyboard, and Blackberries are excellent devices for that, and you don't have to have a business to enjoy a Blackberry. You will, however, find a Blackberry frustrating if you like playing games, but if you primarily want a device for messaging and email it's superb. If you like what you've seen in previews of the Classic, and you aren't in a hurry to acquire a device, wait for it. It should be out within a few months.
    10-05-14 06:47 PM
    If its your first time to a blackberry just get the Passport. Since its your first blackberry Learning curve will be the same as any other blackberry, plus youll get the elite kind of blackberry. Classic is lower end thats for users still having a hard time moving on from bold 9900. And your 20yrs old so go with the big screen :-) i think younger persons really likes the big screen

Oh, what you should only consider is how games and video plays on a blackberry keyboard device. And what apps you use. I think that will be the deciding factor going to a blackberry. Me myself use messaging, emailing and browsing the Internet, youtube, spotify with my phone. Viewing lots of reports. Other apps is just a plus for me.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-05-14 06:58 PM
    If you're not an old school Blackberry user, the Passport may be better for you. Here's why:

1. Classic is mainly for Blackberry users transitioning from older OS - this doesn't mean its inferior, but if you're not craving a toolbelt, then I'd recommend you not get addicted to it like most of us have at one point in time.
    2. Classic has less specs and battery than Passport - It has 720x720 resolution which is not very future proof. When new apps etc are built, they may not run as smoothly on the Classic as they will on the Passport.
    3. You're 20 - You want to be cool, right? JK,LOL,SMH,ETC
    10-05-14 07:03 PM
    If you're not an old school Blackberry user, the Passport may be better for you. Here's why:

1. Classic is mainly for Blackberry users transitioning from older OS - this doesn't mean its inferior, but if you're not craving a toolbelt, then I'd recommend you not get addicted to it like most of us have at one point in time.
    2. Classic has less specs and battery than Passport - It has 720x720 resolution which is not very future proof. When new apps etc are built, they may not run as smoothly on the Classic as they will on the Passport.
    3. You're 20 - You want to be cool, right? JK,LOL,SMH,ETC
    Lol. Loved the third point. Tbh, I enjoy having a physical keyboard opposed to a touchscreen keyboard (I don't care what others think in regards to that :P), so that's why I'm going with BlackBerry. I'm leaning towards the Passport, but the Classic looks awfully nice as well.
    10-07-14 06:34 PM