Posted via CB10
    The Z30 has wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:39 PM
    The Z30 has wireless charging?
    Yeah. Only the one from Verizon does.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    03-05-15 05:15 PM
    Except when there's a possibility to squeeze more money out of customers Look up the data collection capabilities of PMA.
    Not that I go to Starbucks on my own accord, but I wonder if they'll take info if I lay my Classic down in one of their stores...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-05-15 07:10 PM
    Not that I go to Starbucks on my own accord, but I wonder if they'll take info if I lay my Classic down in one of their stores...
    I'm not familiar with PMA all that much (or wireless charging in general,) but what would the method of transmission be? As in, if this was a 9900, what permission could you block to stop this transfer?

Can this flow even be stopped?
    03-05-15 07:48 PM
    I'm not familiar with PMA all that much (or wireless charging in general,) but what would the method of transmission be? As in, if this was a 9900, what permission could you block to stop this transfer?

Can this flow even be stopped?
    I would hope that before any data is transferred that it would prompt you or ask first...
    03-06-15 02:09 AM
    Jeepers you tinfoilers
    READ your EULA and then comment. Wowsers.

Boston needs more false flaggers.
    03-06-15 12:43 PM
    Jeepers you tinfoilers

Yes, anyone at all concerned about their privacy are tinfoilers. You have to be completely complacent and oblivious to be normal, thanks for reminding us. :-)

03-06-15 01:16 PM
    Passports don't have either. Only one ever have was vzw z30

Posted via CB10
    Well that's not true about AT&T Passports.

VZ Classic has no wireless charging?-img_20150306_142225_edit.png

Mine charges wirelessly just fine...

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport
    03-06-15 01:24 PM
    Jeepers you tinfoilers

I don't know why you keep bringing up the EULA. The agreement of the device is between me and BlackBerry, to use the software on the phone.

This has nothing to do with the wireless charging station siphoning data via PMA, which is being done by those who set up the stations. I don't sign an agreement to use the stations.

And yes I do skim and scan through EULAs. That's why I don't use Facebook. Perhaps next time you try to throw random acronyms to make yourself sound knowledgeable, look up what it means and where it applies first.
    raino likes this.
    03-06-15 01:34 PM
    I don't know why you keep bringing up the EULA. The agreement of the device is between me and BlackBerry, to use the software on the phone.

This has nothing to do with the wireless charging station siphoning data via PMA, which is being done by those who set up the stations. I don't sign an agreement to use the stations.

And yes I do skim and scan through EULAs. That's why I don't use Facebook. Perhaps next time you try to throw random acronyms to make yourself sound knowledgeable, look up what it means and where it applies first.
    That's right there was no user license with the charging mat. What you suggest is preposterous. Post your evidence that Starbucks is (unknowingly to you) stealing your personal information. The burden is on you for such a ridiculous statement.

Sorry, keep trying and tighten the foil.
    03-06-15 06:02 PM
    That's right there was no user license with the charging mat. What you suggest is preposterous. Post your evidence that Starbucks is (unknowingly to you) stealing your personal information. The burden is on you for such a ridiculous statement.

Yah man, businesses would never infringe on your privacy to obtain information that would better help their marketing or anything. That never happens.

03-06-15 06:26 PM

Are you arguing about willingly having given information with a person who has come out and said he doesn't own a PMA product? What did he consent to if he doesn't own the product?

Oh, and here is the Powermat privacy policy. Some key points:

We collect and use your personal information to give you superior customer service, to provide you with convenient access to our products and services, and to make a wider range available to you.
    Emphasis added; wider range of what?

We also work with other companies that help us provide products and services to you, and we may provide your personal information to these companies.
    Powermat will not obtain your consent before disclosing your information to third parties.
    03-06-15 09:02 PM
    Are you arguing about willingly having given information with a person who has come out and said he doesn't own a PMA product? What did he consent to if he doesn't own the product?

Oh, and here is the Powermat privacy policy. Some key points:

Emphasis added; wider range of what?
    No, you wear tinfoil hats you tinfoiling tinfoiler!! Lol

03-06-15 09:27 PM
    Bought a Trident Electra Qi wireless charging pad, works great with my VZ Classic 100-3
    03-30-15 07:07 PM
    I have a vzw classic and tylt wireless charger and it works great...! Actually better than my z30

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:46 PM
    HI Guys,

How does the wireless charging work after 10.3.2 upgrades?

I've a Verizon SQC100-3 and have some problems with NFC and wireless charging now. Actually none of them works. :-(
    I've got the mobile with 10.3.2.858 and tried it on 2339 as well but never tried on 10.3.1. NFC sticker is OK as I can read it with Q10 (10.3.2.2339).
    And have tried it with an other battery cover also.

Could you please check your NFC and wireless charger with the new OS?
    I'm a little bit worrying about some hardware failure.
    07-23-15 04:43 PM
66 123