Source?
    The documents included with the phone state both, and multiple people have confirmed through actually trying it that it uses both.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-03-15 09:35 AM
    My Verizon Classic works on my wireless charger
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-03-15 09:36 AM
    AT&T is a strong backer of the PMA standard, so they mandate it in their phones. Starbucks is another one l, which is why they installed PMA setups in their coffee shops. I don't know how strongly Verizon supports Qi, but their phones come with it, but apparently that's ok because it's the more common of the two.
    My point was that for carriers to be pushing these things to start with. Dumb pipes should be dumb pipes.
    03-03-15 09:37 AM
    My point was that for carriers to be pushing these things to start with. Dumb pipes should be dumb pipes.
    Same could be said for updates. What are the carriers responsible?

Case and point, was promised that my wireless tablet running Android 4.1 would get updates by the carrier from whom I bought it. 1.5 years later we are on 4.4 but my tablet is still on 4.1 and I cannot run Blend.
    03-03-15 09:48 AM
    The documents included with the phone state both, and multiple people have confirmed through actually trying it that it uses both.
    Oh yeah...I saw those, but I thought it was just a generic declaration support for wireless charging, I didn't figure they would really stick both standards in.

I wonder what AT&T has to say about this. Sure, they got their PMA, but isn't the whole point of their (asinine) PMA campaign to drive up its usage and marketshare vs. Qi?
    Except when there's a possibility to squeeze more money out of customers Look up the data collection capabilities of PMA.
    03-03-15 11:53 AM
    Except when there's a possibility to squeeze more money out of customers Look up the data collection capabilities of PMA.
    That's why I'm an opponent of PMA all along...
    raino likes this.
    03-03-15 11:56 AM
    VZW Classic works with Qi chargers, maybe a moderator can change the title of this thread! Not sure about the voltage on the charge but the little lightning bolt is there when i put it down on my nexus charger!
    03-03-15 05:40 PM
    My Qi charger even works with my Otterbox Defender on. Fantastic. I won't use the case that often but it's great to know.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-03-15 09:10 PM
    That's why I'm an opponent of PMA all along...
    Well make sure you read the EULA

This is a bit of a hysterical position.

It's akin to not allowing scotch tape in your house - even around Christmas - because it might pick up stray DNA.
    03-04-15 09:01 AM

It's akin to not allowing scotch tape in your house - even around Christmas - because it might pick up stray DNA.
    Sure, you don't care about your personal data. I do.
    03-04-15 10:04 AM

"They'll get it anyway, so I won't make any attempt to prevent it even if it's easy to do so."

raino likes this.
    03-04-15 03:44 PM
    Hey -- Blackberry has a clear document on their site which shows the models that are currently supported. VZ Classic has no wireless charging?-untitled-picture.png
    Zippomeister likes this.
    03-04-15 05:11 PM
    Mods, change this title!
    03-04-15 05:23 PM
    Would like to buy one of these chargers. Can anyone tell me a good one to buy. My Classic is optimized for the Qi.
    03-04-15 07:49 PM
    The real question at this point is... which is better to get?? PMA or Qi? I have neither charger right now bc I have no other devices that can take advantage of it, and my new classic is waiting for me in a fedex box @ home...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:23 PM
    Sure, you don't care about your personal data. I do.
    So you are actually suggesting this. You're actually going to assert that's what is going to happen with a second EM Antenna, assuming you have a BlackBerry with NFC, so it already has one, and this is what you're going to worry about?

SMH
    03-05-15 12:31 AM
    So you are actually suggesting this. You're actually going to assert that's what is going to happen with a second EM Antenna, assuming you have a BlackBerry with NFC, so it already has one, and this is what you're going to worry about?

SMH
    What are you talking about?
    03-05-15 12:35 AM
    What are you talking about?
    Powermat conspiracy theories about information thievery while charging on pma mats

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:45 AM
    Powermat conspiracy theories about information thievery while charging on pma mats
    No I know that, but is he saying PMA would never do such a thing, their implementation is inherently incapable of it, or their terms don't allow it? What's exactly is he saying?

The new CEO's mission will be to continue striking partnerships with consumer companies, airports and others for Powermat's technology and to make it as pervasive as Wi-Fi. He will also have to find ways to make money off the data that the company is collecting about users.
    03-05-15 12:57 AM

SMH
    Not going to bother arguing with you. Read raino's quote from Powermat's own founder.
    03-05-15 07:43 AM
    Amazon.com: Samsung Mini Wireless Charging Pad - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both of these are great options. You can get them cheaper than listed by looking used or on Ebay. Both are Qi and work brilliantly with the 100-3
    BBBandit and Zippomeister like this.
    03-05-15 07:46 AM
    Thanks, brdl04.
    03-05-15 09:21 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LE6...UvbUpU11433313
    That's the one I ordered, don't buy it yet though, I have yet to test it out. I want one that stands up the phone and the Tylt is just way too ridiculously expensive. What I've read about this one is that the power cable that comes with it fails after a little while, but I've read you can use any micro-usb charging cable so I'm going to use the BB one I use for my phone now to keep this charger plugged in...

Xenolock and BBBandit like this.
    03-05-15 09:31 AM
    Thanks Slagman5, would you mind keeping me up to date on the one you ordered. I like the looks of it.
    03-05-15 03:24 PM
    Thanks Slagman5, would you mind keeping me up to date on the one you ordered. I like the looks of it.
    Sure, I'll let you know after I get my phone and the charger.

03-05-15 03:41 PM
66 123