I use my Blackberry Class in a professional setting. When I type an email that contains the word "voicemail" my BB replaces that word with a tape/spool-looking emoticon. Needless to say, I have to retype it two or three times to get it to stick as a word.

The same thing happens when I type the word "fountain"--my BB replaces that word with a fountain icon. (Strangely, this happens only with the lower case version of the word. The voicemail problem happens both in lower case and capitalized versions).

After typing this question, I tried capitalized "Mailbox" and lower case "mail". I get pictures for those too.

When I type the word "facsimile" strange things sometimes happen (although not always). For some reason my "v" key becomes a paste hot key. I've double-checked that neither alt- or shift- are locked or activated. They are not.

I'm sure I've accidentally messed up some setting. But I've scoured both this Board and the settings, and I can't figure out why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-03-15 04:50 PM
    Wow. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
    Check your word substitution settings, under input settings
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-03-15 05:08 PM
    Mine did the weird word substitution thing just after I got it. I rebooted it and it hasn't done it since.
    07-07-15 02:38 PM
    All of a sudden I type "swords" (sans quotations) and get this ⚔ LOL... Random and my 1st and only experience with this thus far... I kinda am digging it though and that word is something I wouldn't use in a typical 'formal' situation anyways... I'll reboot and see if this clears it... (Nothing in my word substitutions to account for this and I have no emoji apps nor substitutions for emoji set on my Classic...)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 07-12-15 at 12:39 PM.
    07-12-15 11:48 AM