I've been using my Q10 since it came out, with few complaints (other than the lack of a trackpad, which I liken to being at a carnival playing shoot-the-moving-duck or try-to-hit-the-target-with-a-softball... don't EVEN get me started). I'm on Verizon. I'll never deviate from BB or VZW.

I just moved into a new residence and even though I'm in a highly populated area of a major city with flat terrain there seems to be weak signal. Verizon told me I can put in an extender, but those are finicky at best and the hand-off when coming and going is far from smooth and reliable.

When I told Verizon tech support that I'm awaiting the Q20, they said that the Q10 is operating on the 1X system and that "IF" the Q20 uses 4G LTE "HD Voice" for the standard voice system then I should be fine once it arrives without needing to get an in-house extender. They said 1X is far less powerful than HD Voice and that the newer tower installations are all focused on HD Voice and not on 1X.

Assuming what he said is reasonably reliable, I still can't seem to find anything to tell me whether the Q20 uses 4G LTE HD Voice for voice. Does anyone know? (I see specs all over that list all kinds of networks, but they don't specify which is used for "voice" and which is for "data.")

Thanks!
    01-14-15 06:24 PM
    What is a Q20?
    01-14-15 06:26 PM

When I told Verizon tech support that I'm awaiting the Q20, they said that the Q10 is operating on the 1X system and that "IF" the Q20 uses 4G LTE "HD Voice" for the standard voice system then I should be fine once it arrives without needing to get an in-house extender. They said 1X is far less powerful than HD Voice and that the newer tower installations are all focused on HD Voice and not on 1X.

Assuming what he said is reasonably reliable, I still can't seem to find anything to tell me whether the Q20 uses 4G LTE HD Voice for voice. Does anyone know? (I see specs all over that list all kinds of networks, but they don't specify which is used for "voice" and which is for "data.")

Thanks!
    The physical keyboard device numbers included Q10, Q5, and "Q20" (which was to have the trackpad and belt).

John Chen renamed the Q20...it is now called the Classic
    01-14-15 07:30 PM
    I hope it does not use VOLTE and it uses the CDMA for voice so verizon does not artificially castrate the data and voice simulations function like my wife's iphone

Posted via CB10
    anon(19759) likes this.
    01-14-15 08:05 PM
    According to o2 UK the device is called a q20 classic haha

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-16-15 01:36 PM
    I'm guessing there is no way to really know until it comes out. Unless someone digs through the fcc documents to figure it out. Really hoping verizon didn't force BlackBerry to go strictly VoLTE like they have with the Droid Turbo, Moto X, Z3v and several others. Stupid to get rid oof a feature like that before their network is even ready.
    01-17-15 05:19 PM